+

T20 World Cup Final: Suryakumar Yadav Proves 'Catches Win Matches' – WATCH Here

Suryakumar Yadav delivered a moment of sheer brilliance in the final over of the T20 World Cup 2024 final, securing India’s victory over South Africa. With 16 runs needed from the last over and the dangerous David Miller at the crease, Hardik Pandya bowled a full-toss outside off-stump. Miller struck it straight, seemingly destined for […]

Suryakumar Yadav delivered a moment of sheer brilliance in the final over of the T20 World Cup 2024 final, securing India’s victory over South Africa. With 16 runs needed from the last over and the dangerous David Miller at the crease, Hardik Pandya bowled a full-toss outside off-stump. Miller struck it straight, seemingly destined for a six. However, Surya’s quick reflexes saw him make an incredible catch near the boundary. Although his momentum carried him over the rope, he managed to lob the ball back, steady himself, and complete the catch.

This pivotal moment helped India win the match by seven runs, clinching their first T20 World Cup title in 17 years. The victory was especially emotional for the team, having lost the ODI World Cup 2023 final on home soil less than a year prior.

“It means a lot. Very emotional, we’ve been working very hard and something was not clicking. But today we got what the whole nation wanted. More special for me, how my last 6 months were, I haven’t spoken a word. I knew that if I kept working hard I could shine and do what I could do,” said Hardik Pandya after the match.

“Getting an opportunity like this makes it more special. We always believed, it was just about executing our plans and staying calm and letting the pressure come to them. Credit to Jassi (Bumrah) and the other bowlers for those last 5 overs. Knew it would not help me if I wasn’t calm, wanted to commit 100% to every ball I’ve bowled. I’ve always enjoyed pressure.”

“Very happy for him (Dravid), he’s been a wonderful man, really enjoyed working with him, to give him a farewell like this is wonderful, have had a very good relationship with him and became friends. Very happy for all the support staff,” Hardik added, reflecting on the emotional and strategic aspects of the game.

Tags:

IND vs SAIndia WinSuryakumar YadavT20 World Cup FinalTDGThe Daily Guardian