+

T20 World Cup Final: Indian Captain Rohit Sharma Announces Retirement From T20 Format

Indian captain Rohit Sharma has announced his retirement from T20 format following T20 World Cup win on saturday. Talking about his retirement, he said, this is a best time to ‘say goodbye.’ This announcement comes minutes after Indian player Virat Kohli confirmed his decision to retire. Speaking at a post-match he said, ‘This was my […]

Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma

Indian captain Rohit Sharma has announced his retirement from T20 format following T20 World Cup win on saturday.

Talking about his retirement, he said, this is a best time to ‘say goodbye.’ This announcement comes minutes after Indian player Virat Kohli confirmed his decision to retire.

Speaking at a post-match he said, ‘This was my last game as well. No better time to say goodbye. I wanted this (trophy) badly. It’s very hard to put in words.’

Furthermore, he also emphasized, that this is what he wanted and he was very desperate for it.

‘This what I wanted and it happened. I was very desperate for this in my life. Happy that we crossed the line this time.’

Later at the presentation ceremony, he declared, that to win this tournament, a lot of things happen behind the scenes. ‘We wanted to win this, but I know to win a tournament like this, a lot goes behind the scenes…. A lot of effort, lot of minds need to come together, and I’m very, very proud of the bunch of boys that I have, and the management as well’

Meanwhile, Indian Captain is set to leave the T20 format with 4231 runs from 159 matches. He also has the record of making five hundreds and 32 fifties. But, he’ll remain active in tests and ODI formats.

Tags:

Rohit SharmaT20 World CupTDGThe Daily GuardianVirat Kohli