Amid India-China clash in Tawang the White House had reacted and said the Biden administration is glad that both India and China quickly disengaged.
Addressing the media White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said, “We are glad both sides have quickly disengaged from clashes. We’re closely monitoring the situation and encourage India and China to utilize existing bilateral channels to discuss disputed boundaries.”
Earlier on Friday in the Tawang sector in Arunachal Pradesh a face-off between Indian and Chinese troops took place which led to minor injuries to personnel from both sides.
Meanwhile, the number of injured Chinese soldiers is more than the number of Indian soldiers.
Talking about the incident that happened in the Yangtse area of Arunachal’s Tawang sector on December 9, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh said in Parliament, “I want to assure the House, that no Indian soldier was killed or severely injured. I also assure the House that our Army can defend the country’s territorial integrity. Our Army is ready to tackle any transgression. I firmly believe the House will support the bravery and courage of our armed forces.”
Moreover, the United States Department of Defence is also keeping a close watch on developments along the line of Actual Control at the India-China border and said, it “continues to amass forces and build military infrastructure along the so-called LAC.”
However, PLA troops clashed with three units of the Indian Army belonging to different infantry regiments in the Tawang sector in Arunachal Pradesh. on the Line of Actual Control.
During the clash, Jammu and Kashmir Rifles, Jat regiment, and Sikh Light Infantry were present at the location.
Furthermore, with clubs, sticks, and other equipment Chinese were armed during the clash. The Indian army was not known of the intentions of the Chinese troops.