Ukraine becomes an associate member of NATO’s program of technological cooperation - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

News

Ukraine becomes an associate member of NATO’s program of technological cooperation

Published

on

ukraine

Ukraine’s defence minister, Oieksiy Reznikov, has announced its association with the Multilateral Interoperability Programme (MIP). It is concerned with the technical cooperation of the NATO member states’ army.

Xinhua quoted Ukraine’s defence minister as saying, “Ukraine has strong IT (Information Technology) potential and it is a worthy NATO ally. I am sure that we will bring our expertise to the development of collective security. “

The membership of MIP empowers Ukraine to participate in the development and introduction of key NATO standards related to the combat control system and similar practices. Earlier, when Sweden and Finland were invited to attend the NATO summit by the Western military alliance, Ukraine’s President Zelensky prompted NATO to admit Ukraine to the alliance.

The situation in Ukraine has been worsening, with thousands of refugees taking shelter in the neighbouring nations. The European Union declared rewards in terms of economic packages for the nations hosting Ukrainian refugees.

EU commission president Ursula Von der Layen said, “So far more than 3 million people have left Ukraine. Half of them were children. I applaud the enormous generosity of all Europeans, all Member States, and Moldova. We propose to accelerate and inject EUR3.4 billion of liquidity to support EU countries hosting those fleeing the war.

As Xinhua suggested, MIP is a technological program developed at a national level which broadly aims to achieve interpretability of national C2IS systems

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

News

White House condemns attack on Salman Rushdie; calls it ‘reprehensible’

Published

on

White House

The White House on Saturday called the attack on Salman Rushdie “reprehensible”. President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris wished the renowned author a speedy recovery.

In his statement, US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan said, “Today, the nation and the globe witnessed a heinous act against the author Salman Rushdie. This violent act is abhorrent. The Biden-Harris Administration as a whole is hoping for a quick recovery for him.”

Meanwhile, Sullivan went on to say that “We are grateful to law enforcement for its prompt and effective work, which is ongoing, and to good citizens and first responders for aiding Mr. Rushdie so quickly after the incident.”

Earlier, New York State Police identified the suspect as Hadi Matar. Matar hail from Fairview, New Jersey, and is 24 years old.

“The suspect has been identified as Hadi Matar, 24, from Fairview, New Jersey. Earlier today, approx at 10:47 am, the speaker Rushdie, 75, and Henry Reese, 73 has just arrived at the stage of the institution and shortly thereafter the suspect jumped out of the stage and attacked at least once in the neck and at least once in the abdomen,” Major Eugene J. Staniszewski said.

Known for his free speech, Salman Rushdie received death threats for his book ‘The Satanic Verses. The book was released in 1988 and after 30 years of a fatwa, Rushdie was attacked. Rushdie was stabbed in the neck when he was on stage at the Chautauqua Institution. Rushdie is of Indian origin and is currently a citizen of Britain.

However, the Chautauqua Institution is a non-profit community on Lake Chautauqua in southwestern New York province.

Continue Reading

News

J&K government sacked four government employees, has relations with terrorists

Published

on

Manoj Sinha

The Jammu and Kashmir government, using Article 311 of the Indian Constitution, has sacked four employees. The employees who have been sacked have links with terrorists and terrorist organizations.

The who have been sacked are Assbah Arzoomand Khan, Muhit Ahmed Bhat, Majeed Hussain Qadri, and Saeed Abdul Mueed.

Meanwhile, Assbah Arzoomand Khan is an officer of the Jammu and Kashmir Administrative Service. Khan joined the service in the year 2011 and is the wife of terrorist Farooq Ahmed Dar also known as Bitta Karate. Bitta Karate is counted among the big terrorists of the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front.

Muhit Ahmed Bhat is a scientist at the University of Kashmir. He is accused of organizing programs in the university in support of Pakistan and terrorists and mobilizing students for terrorism.

Majid Hussain Qadri is an Assistant Professor at the University of Kashmir. He is accused of being associated with the terrorist organization Lashkar-e-Taiba.

Syed Abdul Mueed was posted as IT Manager at Jammu and Kashmir Entrepreneurship Development Institute. He is the son of Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Salahuddin. This is the third son of the Hizbul chief, who has been dismissed from service by the government on terrorism charges. Before this, two of his sons have been removed from service.

However, Article 311 of the constitution empowers the government to dismiss an employee without assigning any reason. After Manoj Sinha became the Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, till now more than 40 employees have been sacked considering it a threat to the security of the country.

Continue Reading

News

Fifth case of Monkeypox in Delhi, 22-year-old woman admitted to LNJP

Published

on

Monkeypox

The fifth case of monkeypox has been reported in Delhi on Friday. The Medical Director of Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Narayan Hospital Dr. Suresh Kumar informed about the fifth case of monkeypox.

On Friday a 22-year-old woman tested positive and she is currently under observation in the hospital.

“One patient has been admitted in LNJP and her sample tested positive, at present 4 patients are admitted and one has been discharged. A total of five cases of Monkeypox have been reported in Delhi. She came positive yesterday. A team of doctors are treating her,” Dr. Kumar said.

Meanwhile, the patient traveled one month ago and has no recent travel history.

Earlier on 24 July, Delhi confirmed its first case of monkeypox. A day after it was declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern by the World Health Organization (WHO).

The Central government had also released guidelines to check the virus spread in India. Close contact with sick persons, dead or live wild animals, and others have been advised to avoid.

However, on 14 July the first case of monkeypox was reported in India from Kerala’s Kollam district.

Continue Reading

News

‘I appeal to all countrymen to hoist the Tiranga at your home’, say Amit Shah

Published

on

Amit Shah

Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Saturday unfurled the tricolor at his residence in Delhi. Shah also urged countrymen to hoist the flag at their homes from August 13 to 15. Under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the countrymen are being encouraged to hoist the tricolor at their homes.

Taking to Twitter Shah said, “Tiranga is our pride. It unites and inspires everyone Indian. On PM Narendra Modi Ji’s clarion call of Har Ghar Tiranga, today hoisted a Tiranga at my residence in New Delhi and paid tributes to our valorous heroes who sacrificed everything for the Motherland.”

“I appeal to all countrymen to hoist the Tiranga at your home from 13th-15th August and to be a part of this campaign of awakening the spirit of patriotism in every heart. Also, upload your picture with the Tiranga on http://harghartiranga.com and inspire others for the same,” Shah said.

Earlier, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the ‘Har Ghar Tiranga’ campaign. He called upon the people of the country to join it. PM Modi said that the tricolor not only has three colors, but it is also a reflection of our commitment to the present, our past glory, and our dreams for the future.

However, Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is an initiative of the government to celebrate 75 years of Independence. The national flag will be hoisted in every house of the country till 15th August.

Continue Reading

News

Congress interim President Sonia Gandhi tests positive for COVID-19

Published

on

Sonia Gandhi

Congress interim President Sonia Gandhi tested positive for COVID-19 on Saturday. Congress general secretary in charge of communications and senior party leader, Jairam Ramesh informed.

Taking to Twitter Jairam Ramesh said, “Congress President Smt. Sonia Gandhi has tested positive for Covid-19 today. She will remain in isolation as per Govt. protocol.”

In the last three months, Gandhi has tested positive for Covid for the second time. As per government protocol, the party chief will remain in isolation.

Rajasthan chief minister Ashok Gehlot expressed concern and said, “Concerned about the health of Congress President Smt. Sonia Gandhi Ji as she tested positive for #COVID19. Wish her a speedy recovery. May she get well soon. Prayers for her good health and well-being.”

Earlier on Wednesday (August 10), Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi tested positive for COVID. Taking to Twitter Vadra tweeted, “Tested positive for COVID (again!) today. Will be isolating at home and following all protocols.”

Moreover, the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha and senior Congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge on Tuesday tested positive for COVID.

“I have tested positive for #COVID19. I request those who came in contact with me recently to take care,” Kharge tweeted.

Continue Reading

News

Author Salman Rushdie on ventilator; likely to lose an eye

Published

on

Salman Rushdie

Renowned author Salman Rushdie is on a ventilator after the attack and may have to lose an eye. He was attacked by a man with a knife on Friday at an event in New York, USA.

According to Rushdie’s agent Andrew Wyllie, Rushdie’s liver was damaged in the attack. Wyllie reported that Rushdie had broken nerves in his arm and damaged his liver. With this, there is a possibility of losing one of his eyes.

“The news is not good. Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed, and his liver was stabbed and damaged,” Wylie said.

Salman Rushdie was born in 1974 in Mumbai and is 75 years old. He has a long history of controversies. After writing The Satanic Verses, he received death threats from Islamic extremists for several years. The book was released in 1988 and after 30 years of a fatwa, Rushdie was attacked.

Earlier, New York State Police identified the suspect as Hadi Matar. Matar hail from Fairview, New Jersey, and is 24 years old.

“The suspect has been identified as Hadi Matar, 24, from Fairview, New Jersey. Earlier today, approx at 10:47 am, the speaker Rushdie, 75, and Henry Reese, 73 has just arrived at the stage of the institution and shortly thereafter the suspect jumped out of the stage and attacked at least once in the neck and at least once in the abdomen,” Major Eugene J. Staniszewski said.

Meanwhile, New York Governor Kathy Hochul said, “He is alive and has been transported, airlifted, to safety… The event moderator was attacked as well; he’s getting the care he needs at a local hospital.”

Taking to Twitter Taslima Nasreen said, “I just learned that Salman Rushdie was attacked in New York. I am really shocked. I never thought it would happen. He has been living in the West, and he has been protected since 1989. If he is attacked, anyone who is critical of Islam can be attacked. I am worried.”

However, Rushdie was stabbed in the neck when he was on stage at the Chautauqua Institution. The Chautauqua Institution is a non-profit community on Lake Chautauqua in southwestern New York province.

Continue Reading

Trending