There can be various reasons for throat pain. Its treatment can be done in several ways. If the cause of throat pain is cold, flu, or any common problem, it can be treated with home remedies and medications. Throat pain can occur due to bacteria and viruses. Besides common issues, throat pain can also be caused by some serious illnesses. Changes in weather can lead to throat-related problems. Throat pain is the most common symptom. Severe or persistent pain in the throat should not be ignored. In such a situation, it is essential to consult an ear-nose-throat (ENT) specialist as soon as possible, identify the exact cause of the pain, and seek appropriate treatment.
When is Throat Pain Likely?
– Smoking poses a risk of throat pain.
– It can occur due to contact with a smoker.
– Sinus infection can be a cause of pain.
– Individuals with a weakened immune system are more prone to pain.
– Viral and bacterial infections can easily spread in places like hospitals, schools, or offices, causing throat pain.
– People with seasonal allergies and sensitivity to dust or pollen are more likely to experience throat pain.
Three Types of Throat Pain:
– Pharyngitis: It occurs in the area behind the mouth.
– Tonsillitis: Swelling occurs in the tonsils.
– Laryngitis: It causes swelling and redness in the vocal cords.
Preventing Throat Pain:
By taking some precautions, you can find relief from throat pain. Wash your hands thoroughly before doing anything or eating. Avoid sharing food items and utensils. Cover your mouth with a handkerchief or tissue while coughing or sneezing. Use soap, hand wash, and sanitizer with alcohol. Avoid close contact with a sick person. When going out or traveling, don’t forget to wear a mask. Refrain from consuming intoxicating substances such as alcohol and cigarettes. Avoid touching public phones, water fountains, and escalator handrails. Sanitize commonly used items at home, such as TV remotes and phones. With these measures, you can protect yourself and your family from the risk of throat pain.