+

T20 World Cup: Team India's Win, Ex-PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi Reacts

India competed in the T20 World Cup final against South Africa on June 29 and triumphed in the tournament, seizing global attention with their victory. Millions celebrated the Men in Blue for their outstanding performance in the final match, and former PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi joined in by expressing admiration for the Indian cricket team’s […]

India competed in the T20 World Cup final against South Africa on June 29 and triumphed in the tournament, seizing global attention with their victory.

Millions celebrated the Men in Blue for their outstanding performance in the final match, and former PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi joined in by expressing admiration for the Indian cricket team’s impressive victory on LinkedIn.

Nooyi wrote in her post, “Today, I watched South Africa and India play against each other in the T20 World Cup cricket finals. The game kept me at the edge of my chair. India scored an impressive 176 runs in 20 overs..no mean feat…thanks to a brilliant performance from Virat Kohli. South Africa played very well and around the 15 the over, looked like they would be the world champions. It was a nail-biter till the end, and India ultimately prevailed and won the World Cup.”

She further added, “The performance of the Indian bowlers throughout the match, but particularly in the last 5 overs, was nothing short of spectacular. It was emotional. It was a proud moment for all of us who grew up in India and love his game. I can’t stop watching the highlight reel of this incredible match between the two unbeaten teams. Congratulations to the entire Indian team for your splendid performance. And to coach Rahul Dravid for your first World Cup.”

Since it was posted, it has received over 7,200 likes. Additionally, numerous individuals used the comments section to express their reactions.

An individual said, “It was an amazing game and a near-perfect final – the fans couldn’t ask for a better final!”

Another posted, “That is why in Cricket saying goes, ‘it’s not over till it’s over.’ Kudos to an exceptional final! Both teams fought superbly, but as always, only one crossed the finish line and got glory!”

A third commented, “Absolutely stunning. Kudos to team India. Key leadership lessons to glean from. Thank you, the Great Wall and Virat. Superb teamwork, captaincy, strategy execution, believing, and never giving up. Classic final, and who can forget that catch of the decade from SKY.”

Tags:

Ex-PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi ReactsT20 World CupTDGTeam India's WinThe Daily Guardian