The Union Home secretary on Tuesday filed an affidavit in Supreme Court saying that allegations raised by the Delhi government over officials “missing” meetings with ministers are “incorrect”.
Home secretary Ajay Bhalla in his affidavit said that all officials attend all meetings except on some occasions.
“I have verified from all senior level officials of GNCTD about nonreceipt of telecalls etc. and I have found that no such incidents have ever happened,” Court stated.
Court said, “On inquiry, I have learned that the dates on which some officers could not attend the meeting were the dates on which they were officially assigned some other duties by the Delhi Government itself.”
“I am advised not to deal with individual illustrations which would have clearly shown the falsehood contained therein since the deponent of the Affidavit is the Deputy Chief Minister and it may not be proper, appropriate or in good taste to deal with such assertions, more particularly, when I have found them to be not true,” the MHA Secretary said.
This affidavit has been filed in response to an affidavit filed by the Delhi government through Deputy CM Manish Sisodia.
Earlier on Monday the Center had moved an application before the Supreme court to send the matter before a larger bench.
“Such coordination takes place by effective administrative skills and not with threats of control over the officers or employees. The fact that right from 1993, the system has worked very smoothly is a testimony of this fact”, the affidavit stated.
The center also filed that its application for which a 5-judge bench, to a bench of 9-judges, is presently being considered.