Paddington returning with third movie! - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Paddington returning with third movie!

Published

on

Washington [US], February 18 (ANI): In case you are missing the marmalade-loving bear, here is a piece of good news for fans, a third ‘Paddington’ movie is officially in the works.
As per Variety, ‘Paddington 3’, a new entry in the much-loved movie series, is in active development. Representatives from Studiocanal told the publication, “We can confirm Studiocanal is working very hard on film 3 with the utmost craft and care — as with film 1 and 2.”
There are no details to share yet about the upcoming movie, the reps said, but in previous reports, Studiocanal said it will again be teaming up with David Heyman’s Heyday Films.
In the past, ‘Paddington’ writer-director Paul King said he will not direct the third film, but will still be involved. King is currently directing Warner Bros.’ ‘Wonka’, a Willy Wonka origins story, slated to release in March 2023.
Last week, in an interview on BBC Radio 2’s ‘The Zoe Ball Breakfast Show’, ‘Paddington’ star Hugh Bonneville said there was “forward momentum” on the project, and that it was “somewhere on the horizon.”
The previous two ‘Paddington’ films, mixtures of live-action and CGI, were global box office successes, grossing more than USD 280 million and USD 225 million worldwide, respectively.
The ‘Paddington’ movies have been praised for their heartwarming messages about community, witty humour, and brilliant casting.
In the first film, actor Nicole Kidman was the villainous taxidermist, Millicent Clyde; in the second, Hugh Grant played Phoenix Buchanan, an egotistical actor, and thief.
Ben Whishaw is the voice of Paddington in the films and has reprised the role on the television show ‘The Adventures of Paddington’, also produced by Studiocanal. The premiere of the show’s season two, which airs on Nickelodeon in the U.S., is on Friday. It will premiere in other territories around the world in April. (ANI)

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Here’s why Orlando Bloom sings to his baby daughter

Published

on

By

Washington [US], February 28 (ANI): British actor Orlando Bloom during a recent virtual appearance on ‘The Graham Norton Show’ divulged that he sings to his baby daughter in the hopes that he can influence her first word.
According to People magazine, the 44-year-old actor revealed to host Graham Norton that he frequently sings for his 6-month-old daughter Daisy Dove, with the hopes that her first word would be ‘dad’. Bloom shares his daughter with his fiance and singer Katy Perry.
Sharing the details he said, “I sing anything that has ‘daddy’ in it, just because I want her to say dad before she says anything else.”
During the show, speaking to Bloom, comedian Aisling Bea said, “Does the baby go like, ‘well can you put Katy Perry on?'” To which Bloom replied, Yeah she’s like ‘Mom’s going to be much better at this than you.'”
“Alexa, play mommy,” host Graham Norton joked.
Adding to the conversation, Bloom said, “She sort of has said a bit of ‘dada,’ every time I come up she’s very excited to see me.”
As per People magazine, Bloom and Perry welcomed their baby girl in August. Daisy is Perry’s first child and second for Bloom, who also shares a 10-year-old son named Flynn with ex-wife Miranda Kerr. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Meghan Markle rocked USD 30 dress during digital appearance on ‘The Late Late Show’

Published

on

By

Washington [US], February 28 (ANI): While we can’t get enough of the expensive wardrobe of celebrities, filled with outfits and footwear from top designers customised just for them, The Duchess of Sussex wore a dress worth USD 30 during her digital appearance on ‘The Late Late Show with James Corden’.
As per People magazine, Meghan Markle wore the affordable yet cute dress while chatting with her husband Prince Harry and their friend and host James Corden.
While Harry and Corden took a bus tour around Los Angeles in a segment that aired on Thursday on ‘The Late Late Show with James Corden’, the pair FaceTimed Meghan after making a stop at the original home used in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Although her dress was barely visible during her brief cameo, Meghan, who is expecting her second child, wore a very affordable design from Velvet Torch, a family-owned business based in Los Angeles.
Meghan appeared on screen wearing their Puff Sleeve Smock Dress, a blue above-the-knee dress with smocking along the front and back.
“So this happened today!!” the boutique wrote on Instagram after the segment aired on Thursday.
While chatting with Corden, Meghan also revealed a new nickname for her husband.
“Haz, how’s your tour of L.A. going?” she asked, to which Corden replied, “Haz? I didn’t know we were calling you ‘Haz now.”

“You’re not my wife,” Harry quipped in response. And when Corden first took Harry’s phone to FaceTime Meghan, Harry hinted at what she was saved as in his contacts. “How do I find the Duchess?” the host said as he looked through Harry’s phone.
“M,” Harry simply responded.
Meghan, who has time and again proved that you don’t need to wear expensive clothes to look like a million bucks, has earlier also worn some affordable dresses and flats.
During her 2019 royal tour, the Duchess of Sussex wore a pair of USD 100 flats. In 2018, Meghan rocked a few of her other beloved flats during her royal tour, including her black pointed-toe flats from Rothy’s and her black velvet Birdies slippers.
Meghan often reuses her favourite pieces from her closet, notably, shoes like her Aquazzura Matilde crisscross pumps and purses. For her 2019 engagement in Cape Town, South Africa, Meghan Markle re-wore the shirtdress by Veronica Beard that she first donned in 2018 in Tonga. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Tom Holland credits Zendaya with helping him adjust to fame

Published

on

By

Washington [US], February 28 (ANI): Actor Tom Holland, widely known for playing the lead role in the ‘Spider-Man’ franchise, opened up about his struggle to adjust to fame and revealed how his co-star and actor Zendaya helped him adapt to the life in the spotlight.
As per People Magazine, in a new cover story for British GQ’s April issue, Holland opened up about training for his new Apple TV+ movie ‘Cherry’ as well as how he has adjusted to fame since becoming a household name after playing the lead role in ‘Spider-Man’ movies.
The actor said consulting Zendaya has helped him along the way. Holland said, “Talking to Zendaya’s helped me a lot, actually.”
“I used to come across sometimes as a bit of a d— to fans, mainly as I was always so surprised that they’d want a picture with me or signature or whatever. I’d have the typical Londoner reaction, one of instant suspicion: ‘Why are you talking to me?’,” the actor said.
“Zendaya spotted this and quickly told me that this sort of reaction was going to be more aggressive than just smiling and taking the picture. She totally changed the way I am able to be more comfortable in public,” he added.
Holland also spoke about the speculation surrounding his romantic life, particularly how it can be “frustrating” to have relationships play out in front of the world.
“It’s very nerve-racking. It means that if you are dating someone, you have to be really conscious of their feelings, because if something does happen between the two of you, it’s not just happening between the two of you, it’s happening in front of the entire world,” he said.
The 24-year-old actor added, “And it can be very complicated. It’s one of the things I worry about most, of all the things in my career.”
Holland and Zendaya have reunited for the upcoming film ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ and the star said it has been “fun” to be back on set.
“It’s so fun being back with them, especially as Zendaya and I are going through similar things in our career, having taken on more adult roles to now come back to Spider-Man,” he said.
Holland added, “I am so proud of what she has accomplished with Euphoria and also Malcolm & Marie. I think we both had to adjust again for No Way Home: I had to lift my voice up a couple of octaves higher and we both had to go back to playing these naive, charming teenagers again.”
He further said, “We were talking about it yesterday, in fact. We were filming a scene where we go back to school and, well, I haven’t been to school since I was 15. It was really strange.”
‘Cherry’ is now playing in select theatres, and will be available to stream on Apple TV+ on March 12.
Meanwhile, ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ is set to pick up after Peter Parker’s (Holland) identity was exposed in ‘Far From Home’. With film series mainstays Zendaya reprising her role as Michelle and Marisa Tomei returning as Aunt May, Benedict Cumberbatch is set to appear as Doctor Strange in the movie.
Jamie Foxx and Alfred Molina will also be stepping back into their roles from the past Spider-Man franchises as Electro and Doctor Octopus. Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers have written the script for the forthcoming Marvel film.
Filmmaker Jon Watts has helmed the upcoming movie after directing ‘Spider-Man Homecoming’ (2017) and ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ (2019), which earned more than USD 1.1 billion globally, making it the highest-grossing ‘Spider-Man’ movie of all time. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Jonah Hill shares post about body acceptance, says ‘finally love and accept myself’

Published

on

By

Washington [US], February 28 (ANI): American actor Jonah Hill, who has previously struggled with self-confidence, has opened up about body positivity and confidence in the wake of a recent article that included a shirtless photo of him during a day of surfing in Malibu.
On Saturday, the Oscar-nominated actor opened up about his journey toward self-acceptance in a candid post on Instagram. The star posted a screenshot of a recent article that featured photos of him surfing in a wetsuit and drying off without a shirt.
In his post, the 37-year-old star explained that he has struggled with body image issues throughout his life, which have been exacerbated by his rise in fame.
“I don’t think I ever took my shirt off in a pool until I was in my mid 30s even in front of family and friends. Probably would have happened sooner if my childhood insecurities weren’t exacerbated by years of public mockery about my body by press and interviewers,” he began the lengthy caption.
Hill added, “So the idea that the media tries to play me by stalking me while surfing and printing photos like this and it can’t phase me anymore is dope. I’m 37 and finally love and accept myself.”
The actor explained that his Instagram post is not a “good for me” post, nor is it a “feel bad for me post.” Hill added, “It’s for the kids who don’t take their shirt off at the pool. Have fun. You’re wonderful and awesome and perfect. All my love.”
“Oh and Daily Mail, not even you can take that smile from my face ;),” he concluded his caption.
The actor was praised by many of his celebrity friends for sharing the post.
“You are a G!!! And my spirit animal! Love you, bro!” Justin Timberlake wrote while Andy Cohen replied with a praise hands emoji.

Beanie Feldstein, Hill’s younger sister, added, “You’re the best in the world I love you”
“When I take my shirt off at the beach it looks like I am still wearing a shirt…or sweater. Now I will show it off with pride!” wrote Judd Apatow.
Hill has previously opened up about his struggles with body image, recently in an interview with GQ regarding his partnership with Adidas, reported People magazine.
He said, “The biggest shift in my personal style was that I always had an interest in personal style and fashion, but I was always a bigger guy. It’s really hard when you’re overweight to dress a certain way, because clothes aren’t made for people who are overweight to have style.”
“So, I think it surprises people. Even now, I’ll overhear someone discussing my place in the fashion world or whatever, and people are like, ‘That guy? The schlubby guy from Superbad,” the actor added.
Meanwhile, on the work front, Hill is currently filming Netflix’s star-studded new movie ‘Don’t Look Up’. The film also features Leonardo DiCaprio, Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett, Himesh Patel, Timothee Chalamet, Ariana Grande, Kid Cudi, Matthew Perry, Tomer Sisley, Jennifer Lawrence, and Rob Morgan. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Travis Scott extends support to Houston residents affected by Texas freeze amid pandemic

Published

on

By

Washington [US], February 28 (ANI): In an act of kindness, American rapper-songwriter Travis Scott recently extended support to those impacted due to the Texas winter freeze amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, by providing them with emergency food assistance.
According to People magazine, the Grammy-nominated rapper and his Cactus Jack Foundation partnered with Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner in order to launch a food assistance program that would help in aiding Houston residents affected by the crisis. The distribution of food began last week.
He and his foundation also joined forces with the City of Houston and the Houston Health Foundation to provide approximately 50,000 hot meals to local community members.
Earlier this month, winter storm Uri, which is officially called the North American Winter Storm had caused widespread heavy snowfall and subzero temperatures across Texas.
As per People magazine, the severe storm has left millions of Texas residents without water, heat, or electricity after severely damaging essential infrastructure. Spanning more than 2,000 miles between South Texas and northern Maine, the blizzard brought record low temperatures, ice, and snow to more than 25 states. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Prince Harry opens up about Netflix’s ‘The Crown’, reveals who should play his role

Published

on

By

Washington [US], February 28 (ANI): Prince Harry during a recent interview on the ‘Late Late Show With James Corden’ opened up about his new life in California, and what he thinks about the depiction of the royal family in the historical Netflix drama series ‘The Crown’.
According to People magazine, the 36-year-old royal, opened up to host James Corden about the Netflix series and revealed that he thinks that it is truer than some of the news stories about him and his wife Meghan Markle.
While riding an open-top bus through Los Angeles, the Duke of Sussex told Corden, “They don’t pretend to be news. It’s fiction. But it’s loosely based on the truth. Of course, it’s not strictly accurate.”
Harry added, “I’m way more comfortable with The Crown than I am seeing the stories written about my family, or my wife, or myself. That is obviously fiction – take it how you will. But this is being reported on as fact because you’re supposedly news.”
Reportedly late last year, Harry’s father Prince Charles was unhappy with the depiction of him and his life with Harry’s late mother, Princess Diana in the series. Even the U.K. government’s culture secretary had weighed in saying that it should carry a “fiction” warning at the beginning of each show.
On the other hand, during the interview with Corden, Harry didn’t appear to take offense to the popular Netflix drama. He even weighed in on who he thinks the show should cast to play him.
“Daniel Lewis?” Harry mistakenly said. “Damien Lewis!” Corden corrected him, mentioning the Billons actor. “It’s a great shout,” Harry said before suggesting that the talk show host should play his brother, Prince William.
Later, during the conversation, Harry described what a regular night in for him and Meghan looks like at their home in Montecito, California. Explaining that they “do Archie’s teeth, give him a bath, read him a book,” Harry also said, “Meg might cook a meal, might order a takeaway, go upstairs, sit in bed” and turn on the TV.
Last year in September, Harry and Meghan struck a major multi-year deal with Netflix that will see them developing documentaries, feature films, scripted television shows, and children’s series.
They also recently launched a podcast on Spotify under their Archwell Audio production company, with the goal of building “community through shared experience, narratives, and values.”
The couple, who tied the knot in 2018, welcomed their first child, Archie Harrison, in May 2019. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Trending