Mumbai Police on high alert following blast near Israel Embassy in Delhi - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

News

Mumbai Police on high alert following blast near Israel Embassy in Delhi

Published

on

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], January 30 (ANI): Security has been tightened in Mumbai at all locations including near Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station and Mumbai Police is on high alert following a low-intensity explosion that took place near the Israel Embassy in Delhi.
A low-intensity explosion took place near the Israel Embassy this evening. No injuries have been reported in the incident so far. Windscreens of several cars parked in the vicinity of the Embassy on Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Road were found damaged.
The explosion took place not far from Vijay Chowk, where several VVIPS including President Ram Nath Kovind, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was in attendance during the ‘Beating Retreat’ ceremony.
Investigators have recovered an envelope, with text written on it related to Israel Embassy officials, from the site of the blast near the Israeli Embassy here on Friday, according to sources.
“The envelope has a text related to an Israel embassy official. It is a case for investigating officers to see whether or not it has any link with the case. But, it has been recovered from the blast site,” a senior government official told ANI.
External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar assured Israeli Foreign Minister of “fullest protection”.
Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Amit Shah is in touch with senior Delhi police officials and is constantly monitoring the situation. (ANI)

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

News

Chinese hackers get more aggressive to hack Indian organisations’ cyberspace in last one year, agencies on alert

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], March 3 (ANI): Chinese hackers have been trying hard to crack Indian cyber space. There have been more aggressive attempts of hacking by Chinese hackers since last one year.
Various government organisations like the Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-IN) and the National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre (NCIIPC) are following trends and keeping a track of attempts made by Chinese post Galwan clash.
Experts said attempts from China have increased in the last year, which further amplified after the Indian Government banned Chinese applications post the Galwan clash.
Recently a report has emerged this week claiming that two Indian companies, which are supplying COVID-19 vaccinations — Serum Institute and Bharat Biotech — are under cyber attack by a Chinese hacking group APT10, also known as Stone Panda and actively targeting one such company. Sources claimed that CERT-IN is looking into this matter.
Also, Telangana electricity department officials have also claimed that they have received alerts from CERT-IN about Chinese malware trying to enter the cyber system of the department.
Earlier on Tuesday, Union Power Minister RK Singh had said, “We should remain alert” while refuting claims that the blackout in Mumbai last year was due to a Chinese cyber-attack.
Sources in the government said that all alerts were issued regarding such attempts and concern agencies have been asked to educate organisations about such attempts and keep them updated with new threats. Chinese hackers, majorly focus on big institutions instead of Individual, sources claimed.
The NCIIPC, which comes under the National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO) also documented details about Chinese hackers and their modus operandi about attacks generating from China recently.
The NCIIPC is a national nodal agency for all measures to protect the nation’s critical information infrastructure. It protects and delivers advice that aims to reduce the vulnerabilities of critical information infrastructure against cyber terrorism, cyber warfare and other threats.
Sources said this organisation has compiled data of attempts of cyber attack from China in the last year, which had seen an upward trend.
While giving details about a China-based threat, NCIIPC’s Threat Assessment group said, “Emissary Panda also known as APT-27 is a China-based threat actor that involves in targeting foreign embassies to collect data related to government, defence and technology sectors. Activities of Emissary Panda have been noticed since 2010 during attack in organisations across the world including financial services firms, US defence contractors, and a national data center in Central Asia.”
The organisation dedicated more than half a dozen of pages to various China-based threats on Power, IT and government sectors in its last newsletter of 2020.
NCIIPC further warns that when malicious attackers gain access to an industrial control system, they are able to disrupt industrial control and safety processes, leading to costly outages, damaged turbines, threats to personnel safety and even environmental disasters.
The threat assessment group of NCIIPC also provided about another Chinese hacker group Elderwood and said, “Elderwood is a Chinese cyber espionage group that attacked Google in 2009 using Hydraq Trojan horse known as Operation Aurora and Google also confirmed that some of its intellectual property had been stolen. Interesting highlights of their approach include the use of the seemingly unlimited amount of zero-day exploitation, attacks on service providers working for the target organization.”
Meanwhile, experts said attempts post the Galwan clash have been increased and various government organisations are dealing with it in a coordinated manner.
Rakshit Tondon, a cyber expert who works with various state and central agencies said China has always been like that but whenever there is some direct military conflict, the attempts increase.
“There is no official confirmation that Chinese hackers have successfully hacked any system of India but there have been aggressive attempts in the last year. Whenever there is such a (military) conflict, the Chinese increase their attempts. It was further amplified after India banned Chinese applications,” he told ANI. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

First Girl’s Ski mountaineering event held at Khelo India winter games in Gulmarg

Published

on

By

Gulmarg (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], March 3 (ANI): The first Ski mountaineering event for girls was organised on Tuesday in Jammu and Kashmir’s world-famous tourist destination Gulmarg.
A dozen energetic young girls took part in ski mountaineering, an important event at the second edition of Khelo India winter games, which concluded yesterday at Gulmarg.
Apart from its mesmerizing natural beauty, Gulmarg has excellent skiing slopes that attract a large number of skiing enthusiasts every year from all across the world.

The Adventure Tour Operators Association of Kashmir (ATOK) in collaboration with the Jammu and Kashmir sports council organised the event to promote adventure sports and adventure tourism, as well as to provide a platform for gilrs in adventure sports.

“This is one of the important events of Khelo India and we are trying our best to boost adventure sports among the girls. I hope in the future more girls will participate in the event,” said Rouf Tramboo an adventure Sports expert and co-organiser of the event.
“This is the first time in Gulmarg such an event is happening. We say women are not lesser than men, then we have to prove it in every field, in every extreme sport. Ski mountaineering is one such extreme sport,” he added.
Iqra Jan a skier from Kashmir said, “I am very excited because I want to be the first medalist. “
Anisa Chouhan a skier from Dehradun said, “This is the first such an event is happening. I am very happy. I am a mountaineer and an alpine skier. I thank the organisers for conducting this event.”
Ishani Singh another skier from Delhi said, ” I came into this field in 2010. The sport was male-dominated with minimal competition from girls”. (ANI)
“Now participants are coming from Odisha, Madhya Pradesh and many other states,” she added.
Ramitiya a skier from Orissa said, “If more such events are conducted girls will come into this sport”. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Land owner willing to give land for school, HC seeks Delhi govt’s response

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], March 3 (ANI): The Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought a response from the Delhi government in connection with a petition filed by the family of a land owner willing to transfer ownership of land to the Delhi government to build a government school on the said land.
A bench of Justice Prathiba M Singh issued notice to the Arvind Kejriwal-led government on a plea moved by the two sons and a daughter of Mansa Ram willing to transfer ownership of land measuring 5,000 square yards situated in Karawal Nagar area to the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (GNCT) to build a government school.
The court, while slating the matter for April 30, also directed the Delhi government to consider the matter expeditiously.
The petitioner family submitted that the land originally belonged to Mansa Ram who died on September 21, 2009, leaving behind the petitioners as his legal heirs. It is submitted that the petitioners are the joint owners of land and are legally entitled to transfer ownership rights of the same to the respondent government.
The plea claims that the petitioner had sent a request letter in 2019 to the Delhi government, thereby requesting them to transfer ownership of the said land from the petitioners to themselves but unfortunately the ruling dispensation in the national capital hasn’t decided till date.
Advocate Ashok Aggarwal, counsel for the petitioner, submitted that such inactions are bad in law as much as the same is violative of right to education of thousands of students of Karawal Nagar wishing to get admitted in government school as guaranteed under Article 21 of Constitution of India. The petition also states that the respondent government ought to have accepted the offer having been given by the petitioner in the public interest as the Delhi government needs a lot of land to build government schools.
In the petition, it has been submitted that there is an urgent need for a government school in the Karawal Nagar area as it is densely populated. A large number of students want to shift from private schools to government schools as the parents, particularly during a pandemic, are unable to pay children’s school fees.
“It is unfortunate that the respondent government is totally irresponsive to the call of petitioners for transferring ownership of land from petitioners to the respondent government and to build a comprehensive Senior Secondary School,” stated the petition. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Yogi Adityanath questions association between Samajwadi Party, criminal over Hathras case

Published

on

By

Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) [India], March 3 (ANI): Referring to the murder case of Hathras, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Wednesday questioned the association between Samajwadi Party (SP) and criminals in the state.
“Yesterday’s unfortunate incident in Hathras has brought the Samajwadi Party to light again. Doesn’t SP have an association with the accused? Why is there an association between SP and every criminal? There is SP rally in Hathras today and posters for rally put by the accused,” Adityanath said in the Assembly during the debate on the state budget for 2021-22.
Amrish Sharma, a resident of Hathras was shot dead by the main accused, Gaurav Sharma and his friends. The deceased had filed a case against Gaurav Sharma in July 2018 for allegedly molesting his daughter at a village in the Sasni police station area, Uttar Pradesh police said.
UP Police has announced a cash reward for information on the accused in Hathras murder case.
“Out of four accused one (Lalit) has been arrested and we have announced award money over the remaining accused (Rohtas, Nikhil and Gaurav) for their arrest,” Superintendent of Police (SP) Hathras, Vineet Jaiswal told media on Wednesday.
A cash reward of one lakh rupees has been announced to nab the main accused Gaurav and Rs 25,000 each has been announced for information that could lead to the arrest of Rohtas and Nikhil.
Terming the previous state budgets presented by Samajwadi Party (SP) as “directionless”, Adityanath said, “The Samajwadi Party’s budgets were never welfare-oriented. The party had no agenda for development and no far-sighted vision.”
“From 1947 to 2017, less than 2 per cent of the people in rural areas of the state were linked to household tap scheme. We have got it up to 10 per cent. In the next 9 months, we are coming up with an action plan for 30 thousand villages in Bundelkhand and Vindhya region and implementing the plan for drinking water through the pipeline,” he said.
He also said the provisions for farmers, youngsters and women in the budget document were lauded by various chambers of commerce like the CII, the FICCI, the ASSOCHAM and the PHDCCI.
The Uttar Pradesh government presented the last budget of its current tenure last week with an outlay of Rs 5,50,270.78 crore. It is the largest budget so far in the history of the state. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

UP Police announces cash reward for arrest of accused in Hathras murder case

Published

on

By

Hathras (Uttar Pradesh) [India], March 3 (ANI): Uttar Pradesh Police has announced a cash reward for providing information leading to arrest of the remaining accused in the Hathras murder case.
“Out of four accused one (Lalit) has been arrested and we have announced award money over the remaining accused (Rohtas, Nikhil and Gaurav) for their arrest,” Superintendent of Police (SP) Hathras, Vineet Jaiswal told media on Wednesday.
A cash reward of Rs 1,00,000 has been announced to nab the main accused Gaurav and Rs 25,000 each has been announced for information that could lead to the arrest of Rohtas and Nikhil.
The SP had said that several teams have been formed to nab the remaining accused and further investigation is underway.
According to the police, an FIR has been registered against the four accused.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday directed officials to invoke the National Security Act (NSA) against all the four accused involved in the murder of Amrish Sharma, a resident of Hathras.
Amrish Sharma was shot dead by the main accused, Gaurav Sharma and his friends. The deceased had filed a case against Gaurav Sharma in July 2018 for allegedly molesting his daughter at a village in the Sasni police station area on Monday, Uttar Pradesh police said. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

BJP MLA says women made to perform naked in hostel in Maharashtra’s Jalgaon, probe ordered

Published

on

By

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], March 3 (ANI): A probe has been ordered after Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA Shweta Mahale on Wednesday raised an incident, in Maharashtra Assembly, in which women residing in a women’s hostel in Jalgaon district were allegedly made to perform naked.
Mahale, the MLA from the Chikhali constituency said that few police officials were also involved in this act. She also alleged the video of the act was also recorded by the accused.
The BJP leader also demanded action against the people involved in this incident, which took place on March 1.
Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh has ordered a probe.
He said that a four-member committee being formed and they have been asked to submit the report within 2 days.
Meanwhile, Maharashtra Women and Child Development Minister Yashomati Thakur said that anybody found guilty will not be spared.
“I have not seen the video. But I assure you that nobody will be spared, strict action will be taken. The Home Minister has ordered a probe and I am personally looking into it too,” she said. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Trending