The Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) has issued its first list of candidates for the Madhya Pradesh assembly elections, which are slated for the end of this year.
The identities of candidates for seven seats out of 230 were disclosed on a list released by the party on Thursday evening. Two seats are in Rewa, two in Satna, and one in each of the districts of Chhatarpur, Niwari, and Morena.
The list reads, “According to the orders of BSP National President and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati, the party has released the first list of candidates for the MP assembly polls to be held in 2023.”
Six of the seven seats are unreserved, with one reserved for a scheduled caste. Here’s he name of the members as per list:
- Devraj Ahirwal will contest from SC reserved Raigaon constituency (Satna),
- Balbir Singh Dandotiya from Dimani seat (Morena),
- Awadesh Pratap Singh Rathore from Niwari seat (Niwari),
- Ramraja Pathak from Rajnagar seat (Chhatarpur),
- Maniraj Singh Patel from Rampur Baghelan seat (Satna),
- Vishnu Dev Pandey from Sirmaur (Rewa) and
- Pankaj Singh from Saimariya seat (Rewa).
Meanwhile, speaking to the media BSP state president Ramakant Pippal claimed, “We will contest the elections alone on all the 230 assembly seats in the state. Our survey has been completed and we will announce the list of our remaining candidates soon. So that their candidate would get more time for the preparation of the poll in the respective constituencies.”