Much-coveted annual cricket extravaganza Indian Premier Legue begins today.
The IPL 2023 opening ceremony will take place this Friday at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. For the first time since 2018, an opening ceremony will take place at the start of a new IPL season.
The BCCI organized a grand opening ceremony for the Women’s Premier League earlier this month in Maharashtra. A similar ceremony is expected to take place in Ahmedabad to kick off the new IPL season.
When is IPL Opening Ceremony?
The IPL opening ceremony will be held on March 31, 2023. The start time for the ceremony is 6:00 pm IST. As per GMT, the opening ceremony will start at 12:30 pm on March 31.
Where is IPL Opening Ceremony?
The IPL opening ceremony will take place at the Narendra Modi Stadium of the Sardar Patel Sports Enclave in Ahmedabad. It is the world’s largest cricket stadium. For the first time in IPL history, more than 100,000 fans will attend the opening ceremony.
The 16th edition of India’s most-awaited festival is going to start from today in which 10 teams will step onto the field with just one aim: to lift the prestigious Indian Premier League trophy in 2023. The inauguration of the new edition of the IPL in 2023 was always an eagerly anticipated event, as fans are looking forward to the thrilling matches and exciting moments that the tournament promised.
Each franchise is ready with their roster of talented players from all over the world, and fans have eagerly waited for the opportunity to see them in action, since 2020 in their hometowns.
As we look ahead to IPL 2023, fans are expecting more of the same high-octane action and drama on the field. With the tournament constantly evolving and growing in popularity, the upcoming edition is sure to be even bigger and more exciting than ever before.
Following the IPL 2023 auction, the new uncapped players will undoubtedly emerge as stars and try to establish their names in the history books with stellar
Auction CSK IPL Team Players List
- Dwayne Bravo
- Robin Uthappa
- Deepak Chahar
- Ambati Rayudu
Delhi Capitals IPL 2023 Auction Team Players List
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Shardul Thakur
- Mitchell Marsh
- David Warner
IPL 2023 Auction Gujarat Titans Players List
- Mohammad Shami
- Jason Roy
- Lockie Ferguson
New KKR IPL 2023 Players List
- Nitish Rana
- Shreyas Iyer
- Pat Cummins
New Lucknow Supergiant IPL 2023 Players List
- Krunal Pandya
- Mark Wood
- Deepak Hooda
- Manish Pandey
- Quinton De Kock
- Jason Holder
Mumbai Indians IPL 2023 MI Squad List
- Ishan Kishan
Squad Punjab Kings IPL 2023 Players List
- Rahul Chahar
- Shikhar Dhawan
- Johnny Bairstow
- Kagiso Rabada
Rajasthan Royals IPL 2023 Players List
- Shimron Hartmeyer
- Trent Boult
- Yuzvendra Chahal
- P. Krishna
- D. Padikkal
- R. Ashwin
Royal Challengers Bangalore IPL 2023 RCB Players List
- Faf Du Plessis
- Josh Hazelwood
- Dinesh Karthik
- Harshal Patel
- Wanindu Hasaranga
Sunrisers Hyderabad IPL 2023 Players List
- Nicholas Pooran
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- T. Natarajan
- Washington Sunder
New Players List In IPL
- Rahul Chahar bought by Rajasthan Royals
- Ishan Kishan bought by Mumbai Indians.
- Mustafizur Rahman bought by Delhi Capitals
- Delhi Capitals take Shardul Thakur
- Mark Wood, an England IPL Player List bought by Lucknow Team
- J. Hazelwood by RCB
- L. Ferguson sold out to Gujarat Titans
- Rajasthan Royals picked P. Krishna
- Deepak Chahar bought.
THREE major changes in IPL 2023
- Impact player rule: Impact player rule 2023 is imported from Australia’s Big Bash League and was also tried and tested in the Sayed Mushtaq Ali Trophy. The ‘Impact Player Rule’ might turn out to be a game-changer in the IPL 2023 season.
The impact player can be introduced at any of the following stages:
• Before the start of the inning
• After an over finishes
• At the fall of a wicket or if a batter retires,
• In between an over
2. No team sheets at the toss: Captains do not need to give out team sheets at the toss any longer. The teams can now can nullify the toss advantage by drafting in the teams as per the result of the toss. They are allowed to file XI players with 5 substitutes; out of the 5 substitutes, they are allowed to choose one player as an impact sub during the game. Experts have argued that this will allow the teams to make 2 separate playing XIs, one of which they will choose dependent on the result of the toss.
3. DRS calls: Players now are allowed to challenge wide balls and no balls, called by the on-field umpires. This was seen in full effect during the Women’s Premier League, where BCCI used the technology for the first time.
New captains TAKING CHARGE THIS SEASON
• Aiden Markram has been named the new captain of the Sunrise Hyderabad. Markram will take over for Kane Williamson, who was released at the end of last season.
• Shikhar Dhawan has been named the new captain of the franchise Punjab Kings. Dhawan will take over from Mayank Agarwal. He is all set to replace Mayank Agarwal as Punjab Kings’ new captain in IPL 2023. The Punjab Kings confirmed the appointment of the senior opener for IPL 2023.
• The Kolkata Knight Riders appointed left-handed batter Nitish Rana as the team’s new skipper for the IPL 2023. Rana will take over Shreyas Iyer, who is likely to undergo back surgery and is in danger of missing the entire season.
• The Delhi Capitals announced David Warner as their captain for the IPL 2023. Warner will replace Rishabh Pant.
Players to watch in IPL 2023 edition
‘Captain Cool’ is one of the most successful and beloved cricketers in India. The upcoming season is so hyped as everyone is talking about the veteran’s retirement. While there has been no official confirmation, speculation is rife that the former Indian captain might retire from the IPL after the 2023 season.
All eyes will be on India’s highest run scorer, Virat Kohli, who is one of the most prominent names in Indian cricket and has been the most important player of the Indian Premier League since its inception in 2008. He is regarded as one of the best batsmen in the world and has consistently been among the top scorers in
Considered as one of the most talented and versatile batsmen in Indian cricket. However, in recent times, he has been going through a lean path of form. But, Rahul remains one of the most talented batsmen in the league, and people are eagerly waiting for him to return to his best form, as he has shown in the past that he has the ability to score runs consistently and can be a math winner