New Delhi [India], February 28 (ANI): A documentary based on violence that took place in North East Delhi in February last year was released on Tuesday.
Talking about what had inspired him to make a documentary on such a sensitive issue, Indian filmmaker Kamlesh K Mishra said he felt that grief that people had gone through on losing their loved ones needs to be shown.
Kamlesh K Mishra, the writer-director of the 66th National Film Award-winning film ‘Madhubani: The Station of Colors’ has directed the documentary titled ‘Delhi Riots: A Tale Of Burn and Blame’. It has released on the (OTT) platform ‘Voot’ on February 23, this year.
The movie has sought to capture the real picture of violence, first-hand account of eyewitnesses and the ‘agenda and propaganda’ that triggered mindless violence, bloodshed and resulted in the killing of about 53 people.
Talking about the whole idea of creating the documentary, the filmmaker said, “In 2020, on February 22 evening, North East Delhi got chocked down. Because CAA protesters blocked the 2 main roads which connect it to other parts of Delhi. After that the violence that took place, the media started false narrating the story. The other thing was people were constantly dying and people were concerned only about who did it.”
“I felt that grief that people had gone through on losing their loved ones needs to be shown. The brutality that people had gone through was very painful. Hence I decided to make a documentary. So I went to those people to know in-depth about the issue. So I came to know that it’s planning was happening from before hand and there was a lot of international conspiracy involved,” he added.
He continued and explained all sources he used to collect the proper content for his movie, “So all of those I got with documentary proof and even police too that how weapons were made for this riot. So these were the few things which I really wanted to convey I wanted to bring out the suffering and pain that common people went through. So I wanted to convey the story through real victims, eyewitnesses and police without giving opinion in it.”
The filmmaker further shared that there were a lot of books on Delhi violence but he didn’t want to take reference from printed material.
“I wanted to gather information on the ground level and people who were the part of this violence and victims. It was done purposely during the time of Trump coming to India.”
Mishra also shared about his objective of bringing out the story to the big screen and explained that he wanted to convey that such kind of brutality and violence is a question on humanity as it affects the lives of many innocents.
“The title is inspired by people who burnt the Delhi were the ones blaming others. It also features people who were brainwashed and were been provoked for this brutality. So we shot, and took bytes from police commissioner and big journalists,” he told. (ANI)
The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.
MICHAEL KEATON TO RETURN AS BATMAN IN UPCOMING ‘THE FLASH’ MOVIE
WASHINGTON [US]: American actor Michael Keaton’s fans now have a reason to rejoice as the actor is reprising his role as Batman/Bruce Wayne in the upcoming movie ‘The Flash.’
Fox News quoted a report by The Wrap as stating that Keaton’s talent agency, ICM Partners, confirmed his participation in the Andres Muschietti-directed DC Comics superhero film. Muschietti confirmed production kicked off in London on Monday in an Instagram post. The 69-year-old actor first played the Caped Crusader in Tim Burton’s 1989 hit ‘Batman,’ and then again in the 1992 film ‘Batman Returns.’
As reported by Fox News, Ezra Miller is set to reprise his role as Barry Allen/The Flash. Fans were introduced to him in ‘Justice League’ in 2017. Sasha Calle, best known from ‘The Young and the Restless,’ will play Supergirl.
Back in December, Keaton sent fans into a frenzy when he told Deadline he was concerned about COVID-19 safety and said he may not do the movie.
‘The Flash’ is slated to be released on November 4, 2022. — Correspondent
AKSHAY REPLACES KARTIK AARYAN IN KARAN JOHAR’S ‘DOSTANA 2’?
NEW DELHI: Days after actor Kartik Aaryan was allegedly thrown out of Karan Johar’s Dostana 2, the latest gossip doing the rounds is that Akshay Kumar will be onboard the project.
While nothing has been confirmed yet, rumours suggest that Akshay Kumar has been roped in for Dostana 2 in place of Kartik Aaryan. According to a report, sources have claimed that Dharma Productions has requested Akki to join the film as it’s a ‘tricky situation’ for the makers with no lead in sight.
Quoting sources, the publication has reported that Karan Johar has personally requested the superstar to join the film and help him sail through as huge money is involved in it already. And in all probabilities, Akshay Kumar is likely to give his nod for Dostana 2.
Dostana 2 was announced in 2019 by Karan Johar.
ADITI RAO HYDARI SHINES AS PRIYA SHARMA IN ‘GEELI PUCCHI’
NEW DELHI: Making waves with her amazing performances, Aditi Rao Hydari has truly established herself as one of the most bankable and versatile movie star in the Indian entertainment industry. Known for her seamless act in both, commercial- mainstream cinema and content-driven films, the stunner is a popular name not just in the Hindi film industry, but in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam as well. Currently, receiving immense love for her incredible performance in the Netflix anthology ‘Ajeeb Daastaans’, Aditi has truly outdone herself as Priya Sharma in ‘Geeli Pucchi’.
‘Ajeeb Daastaans’ has been making headlines ever since it dropped on the OTT platform. Titled ‘Geeli Pucchi’ and directed by Neeraj Ghaywan, the film features Rao Hydari portraying the role of Priya Sharma, where she’s seen sharing a great chemistry with co-star Konkana Sen Sharma. The film showcases the story about two women coming from different casts and backgrounds, and how they eventually finding refuge in each other’s company.
JACQUELINE SHARES SELFIE OF HERSELF RESTING AT HOME, URGES PEOPLE TO STAY SAFE
MUMBAI: Back to spending time at home amid the coronavirus-induced lockdown, Bollywood star Jacqueline Fernandez on Wednesday posted a stunning monochromatic photo from her home, urging people to stay safe.The ‘Kick’ actor posted a gorgeous picture on Instagram of herself resting in a chair. The picture shows the ‘Aladdin’ actor in a thigh-length jumpsuit and a messy bun. She is seen seated in her room taking rest during the lockdown.
Fernandez captioned the post as “Back to this.. stay safe everyone (and added a joined hands emoticon).”
Celebrity followers including Vaani Kapoor and more than 4.9 lakh fans liked the post on the photo-sharing platform, while many chimed into the comments section and dropped red heart and fire emoticons as they adored the lovable photo.
Of late, the actor has been quite active on social media and has been updating fans on her activities by posting pictures and videos. Earlier, the ‘Brothers’ star shared a picture after her physiotherapy. She shared a photo that showcased the cupping marks down her back when posing for a mirror selfie.Currently, the actor is spending time with her kittens at her home amid the coronavirus-induced lockdown.Meanwhile, 58,924 new COVID-19 cases were reported in Maharashtra in the last 24 hours, according to the state health ministry. As many as 52,412 people recovered in the said period and 351 died. The total case tally reached 38,98,262 while the death toll reached 60,824.
ALL NEW AMAZON ORIGINAL ‘LOL – HASSE TOH PHASSE’ TRAILER UNVEILED
MUMBAI: Amazon Prime Video, unveiled the official trailer of the all-new Amazon Original Series ‘LOL- Hasse Toh Phasse’. This local edition of the International Amazon Original Series LOL, will unite an eclectic group of comedians who have left their own indelible mark on India’s comedy landscape. Aadar Malik, Aakash Gupta, Aditi Mittal, Ankita Shrivastav, Cyrus Broacha, Gaurav Gera, Kusha Kapila, Mallika Dua, Sunil Grover and Suresh Menon, under the vigilant watch of hosts Arshad Warsi and Boman Irani will face their toughest challenge yet!
Perhaps for the first time, it’s not just their sense of humor but also their endurance which will be tested as they battle it out for six consecutive hours, to make the others in the house laugh, while maintaining a poker face themselves! The goal is to be the last one laughing in the room, and the person who keeps a straight face the longest will eventually win the game. Prime Members in Indian and across 240 countries and territories can binge-watch the show starting 30th April, 2021 exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
MADHURI DIXIT PERFORMS TO VIRAL ‘BAJRE DA SITTA’ TREND
NEW DELHI: Bollywood star Madhuri Dixit recently became the latest addition to the viral ‘Bajre Da Sitta’ trend. The actor shared a gorgeous video of her performing to the popular song and giving priceless expressions.Madhuri took to her Instagram handle and shared a short clip in which she performed the viral song, flaunting her pre and post glow up looks. She captioned the post as, “On trend with #BajreDaSitta.” In the video shared by the 53-year-old actor, she could be seen lip-syncing to the song while sitting in her green room right before her makeover. Later in the clip, after the star’s dramatic transformation, she is seen clad in a light and dark pink lehenga. Madhuri also wore drop diamond earrings and a necklace, with her hair tied into a bun.
Meanwhile, on the work front, the ‘Dhak-Dhak’ girl of Bollywood will be debuting in the digital world through the suspenseful family drama series by Netflix titled ‘Finding Anamika’. The plot of the series revolves around the story of a global superstar, wife, and mom who suddenly vanishes without a trace. As police and loved ones search for answers to her disappearance, her perfectly crafted facade is stripped away, revealing hidden truths and painful lies in the life of an iconic actress.
Opinion6 months ago
South Block’s mistakes will now be corrected by Army
Sports9 months ago
When a bodybuilder breaks Shoaib’s record
News12 months ago
PM Modi must take governance back from babus
News10 months ago
Chinese general ordered attack on Indian troops: US intel report
Sports9 months ago
West Indies avoid follow-on, England increase lead to 219
Spiritually Speaking8 months ago
Spiritual beings having a human experience
Legally Speaking11 months ago
Law relating to grant, rejection and cancellation of bail
Defence10 months ago
GALWAN: CHINA’S INFORMATION WAR