Explosion reported in Balkh province, 5 killed

An explosion has been reported in Afghanistan’s Balkh province on Tuesday in which five people died.

The incident took place at the Seyed Abad intersection in the third district of Mazar-Sharif city. According to the sources, security forces have reached the place.

Police spokesman for northern Balkh province said, “Today around 7 a.m. a blast took place in…Balkh on a bus, which belonged to Hairatan Oil employees.”

Meanwhile, more details on the matter are awaited.

Earlier last week an attack took place on a religious school in Afghanistan in which 20 students were killed and wounding dozens of others.

Moreover, the attack was condemned by the UN Security Council (UNSC) which said, “The members of the Security Council condemned in the strongest terms the heinous terrorist attack on innocent students and children at the religious school in Aybak, in the Samangan province, on 30 November.”

“The members of the Security Council expressed their deepest sympathy and condolences to the families of the victims, and they wished a speedy and full recovery to those who were injured,” the UNSC said.

However, the statement also reads that 15-member Security Council underscored the need to hold the perpetrators of the attacks accountable.

Latest news

Related news