What’s your favourite entertainment activity? What do you prefer doing after a hectic day at work? What do you resort to when you plan on letting your hair down, pull-up your feet, relaxing, and unwinding? Well, it might be solo travelling, getting lost in the wonders of nature, heritage places, tuning in to your favourite music or anything else for that matter. However, if it’s a deck of cards that excites you beyond the usual, this article is for you!
Yes, you guessed it right! We are going to discuss the world-famous Rummy card game, one of the oldest entertainment games that still are in trend.
Let’s get started!
Rummy – Overview
Rummy is one of the most ancient card games whose origin has been traced back to Spain, Mexico, China and even Asia by different theories. As per the Spanish and Mexican origin theory, Rummy was referred to as Conquian, which was played with a deck of 40 cards. Over the decades, the Rummy game has evolved tremendously. When it comes to Indian Rummy, the game requires a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 players, along with a deck of 52 cards.
Before we delve into the specifics, such as different types of Rummy card games, why play Rummy, how to play Rummy, and more, let’s check out some of the interesting facts about the Rummy game.
Interesting Facts about Rummy
Excited to explore the interesting facts about Rummy? Here you go!
- Rummy game’s origin was traced back to the 19th Century. There are different theories that claim Rummy to be originated from the Spanish game Conquian, a China game Mahjong, and even from French Poker. Despite the origin dilemma, the Rummy game, especially the Rummy online game, has attained unprecedented stardom and popularity across the globe.
- Being otherwise referred to as the “mother of modern card games”, Rummy comes with approximately 20 variations. Many believe that there are a host of other unknown variations too.
- The loser in the Rummy card game was supposed to buy Rum for the acquaintances on the table. Interesting, right?
- Did you know that Rummy is a stress-buster game that can free up your exhausted brain cells? Now, you know.
- Here’s a more scientific view of Rummy. It is known to improve visual coordination, maths skills, concentration, judgement, etc.
- Wanna be a people reader? Well, Rummy can help. Playing several hands in this game can help you better understand your counterpart’s strategy and thought process, read facial expressions, changes, and more.
- It’s a game that is won with skill, not luck.
Now, let’s explore the different types of Rummy.
Types of Rummy
As covered earlier in the article, there are 20 and more unknown variations of the Rummy game. However, if we talk about online Rummy, here are the “never-to-miss” Rummy variations.
Points Rummy – This quick and entertaining variant of Rummy has only a single round with a pre-decided rupee value.
Pool Rummy – Scored 61, 101, or 201 points already? Well, with Pool Rummy, you will be out of the competition.
Deals Rummy – Accompanied by a fixed number of deals, the person with a maximum number of chips at the end is declared the winner in the Deals Rummy game.
Rummy 2.0 – Ready to Check, Call, Raise or Go All In? Rummy 2.0 is your best bet.
If you are just starting out with online Rummy, the following section would be ideal for you.
How to Play Rummy Online?
Starting out with online Rummy? Here’s a quick checklist.
- Log in to the mobile or desktop Rummy app of your choice
- Sort the 13 cards allotted to you
- Invest your best judgement skills to create valid sets/sequences/melds
- Verify your melds again, and declare first to improve your chances of winning
- Get the winnings in your personal wallet
What’s next? Go for another hand or spend away your winnings!
Still not convinced? Still, wondering why to play Rummy? Here’s what you need to know.
Why Play Rummy?
When was the last time you played Rummy or saw others playing the game? Was it during your childhood days or the last time you went for a family get-together or your cousin’s wedding? Was it when you were stuck in the commute and bored out of your mind? Feels like a long time ago, no?
Here’s why you should resume playing Rummy online.
- It’s a skill-driven game that can help you bust your stress bubbles.
- It can help you reconnect with your friends and colleagues, or you might end up knowing some of your anonymous game buddies.
- It will help you read your competitors’ thoughts and shape your judgement, strategic, and game combat skills.
- Who does not love rewards and some unexpected extra cash in the wallet? You do, too, right? Then, stop second-guessing and get started.
Now, the real question is how to get started. Which is the right app for Rummy? Well, let’s help you narrow down your choices.
Paytm offers a completely legally-certified online Rummy platform where you can securely perform transactions. And, the deals and winnings are, of course, the more feathers.
Try Paytm online Rummy platform right away! Happy Rummy card game!