The Gravitational Resistance and Diet (GRAD) system developed by Dr Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury, PhD in diabetes management looks promising and is set to provide a ray of hope for Chronic Kidney Disease(CKD) patients. The reason: a first-ever Prospective Cohort Study on Effectiveness of the Ayurveda principle-based GRAD system , in reversing Chronic Kidney Disease(CKD) among dialysis patients, has resulted in encouraging outcomes. The research was conducted by a team of experts from Rajasthan’s 13-year-old Shridhar University, Dayanand Ayurvedic College, Jalandhar, one of the oldest Ayurvedic colleges in India, and Hospital and Institute of Integrated Medical Sciences , Dera Bassi, Jaipur and Jodhpur, established by renowned Ayurveda and Yoga Guru – Acharya Manish.
An observational study was also released by the experts in the press conference included Ayurveda and Yoga Guru – Acharya Manish, Dr Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury, Registrar of Shridhar University Dr. Om Prakash Gupta, Dr. Anu Bhardwaj (B.A.M.S), Dr Amar Singh Azad, MD, Paediatrics and Community Medicine and Dr Awadhesh Pandey, MD, Radiology.
Dr. Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury, the inventor of the GRAD system, told media persons at Chandigarh Press Club, here that, “GRAD includes two hours of hot water immersion therapy, head down tilt therapy and disciplined and intelligent people(DIP) diet. These elements form the nucleus of the GRAD system.”
Research Team Member from Shridhar University Dr. Anu Bhardwaj (B.A.M.S) said, “As many as 100 dialysis patients undergoing treatment under the GRAD system from 22 States across India, were observed for an average of 100 days.”
Registrar of Shridhar University Dr. Om Prakash Gupta said,” Among the patients, who adopted the GRAD System fully, 75% could free themselves of dialysis and the rest of the 25 percent also could free themselves partially from dialysis.”
The GRAD system can be recommended as an effective method to reverse CKD among mild, moderate, and severe patients and can be seen as an effective alternative to dialysis and kidney transplant, said experts.
Ayurveda and yoga Guru – Acharya Manish, who is also Chairman, HIIMS Hospital, Dera Bassi, while introducing successfully treated patients of CKD, shared the vision of the GRAD system. “It is affordable and can be done at the convenience of patients in rural settings as well. The GRAD system can be seen as the beginning of the end of transplant,” he said.
Acharya Manish said that the GRAD system comes as a big hope for CKD patients as about 70 crore people across the globe are suffering from CKD and about one third of them live in India or China. Till now there is no cure and the only treatment available is dialysis and transplant, which is out of the reach of the majority of the patients.
Dr Anu Bhardwaj of Shridhar University explained the Ayurvedic perspective of GRAD system while other research team members including Dr Amar Singh Azad, MD, Paediatrics Community Medicine and Dr Awadhesh Pandey, MD, Radiology, explained the allopathic relevance of the reversal of CKD and the scope of this new finding.