SAS Nagar (Punjab) [India], February 15 (ANI): The culling operation of the birds, mopping and sanitisation of infected poultry farms completed in Punjab’s SAS Nagar, the district Information and Public Relations Office said on Monday.
“After three weeks of extensive curtailment measures, the threat of spread of avian flu in the district has been successfully countered”, informed Deputy Commissioner Girish Dayalan on Monday.
The Deputy Commissioner also said that the administration has been on high alert ever since the bird flu confirmation was received on January 21. Twenty-five Rapid Response Teams (RRTs) comprising of five members each were deployed for swift action. The culling in the infected farms Alpha, Royal and Evergreen in village Behera commenced on January 22 and by January 29 nearly 84,505 birds from these farms were culled.
“Subsequently, 2,760 eggs and 1,28,850 kg feed was destroyed. This was followed by a period of mopping which lasted for nearly ten days. Thereafter, large scale sanitization measures were initiated, and now the concerned farms have been finally issued the certificates of sanitization and all the aspects of culling operation are complete,” he added.
Responding to a query regarding the district being free of avian influenza, he said: “As of now the threat is over but to officially declare the zone to be bird flu-free still requires waiting for some time.”
For a bird flu-free zone, it is mandatory that after the culling, mopping and sanitization in the area around 10 km radius of the epicentre has to be monitored closely. It has to be divided into four zones, frequent sampling has to be conducted and fortnightly testing is to be carried out for two months from each zone.
If no more positive samples surface, it is only then that the area is declared bird flu free. In the meanwhile, formalin spray after every 15 days has to be done for three months in each of the farms where culling was undertaken; then they can re-commence the business, the statement said. (ANI)
The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.
Mizoram reports only one new COVID-19 case in last 24 hrs
Aizawl (Mizoram) [India], March 3 (ANI): Mizoram reported only one new COVID-19 case in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of active cases in the state to 4,427, the state health department informed on Wednesday.
The state now has 20 active cases, while 4,397 people have recovered from the disease.
The death toll in the state stands at 10.
India commenced its second phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive to inoculate people above 60 years and those over 45 with comorbidities against the coronavirus from March 1.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday kicked off the second phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive in the country by getting vaccinated.
As of 9:30 am on Tuesday there have been 39 lakh registrations for COVID-19 on Co-Win 2.0 portal, the Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan had earlier informed.
Meanwhile, India’s total COVID-19 active caseload stands at 1,68,358 on Tuesday as the country added 12,286 new cases in the last 24 hours, said the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. (ANI)
Fire breaks out in Thane auto garage
Thane (Maharashtra) [India], March 3 (ANI): A fire broke out at an auto garage in the Daighar area of Maharashtra’s Thane district on Wednesday.
As per the Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC) of Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC), a fire tender reached the spot to douse the fire but around 15 two-wheelers parked at the garage were destroyed in the fire.
The situation is under control and no casualties have been reported so far, the RDMC added. (ANI)
BJP MP’s son shot at in Lucknow
Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) [India], March 3 (ANI): The son of a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Member of Parliament Kaushal Kishore was injured when he was shot at by unidentified assailants in Lucknow, police said on Wednesday.
The assailants who were riding a bike shot at Aayush, 30, in the Madiyava area of the district and fled.
Uttar Pradesh Police admitted him to the trauma centre for treatment where has been declared out of danger.
“Ayush, son of the MP, has received a gunshot injury in his chest and was brought to the hospital for treatment. His condition is stable now. The case will be investigated,” Raees Akhtar, DCP North told reporters.
Further investigation is underway. (ANI)
Priority is not to let any fascist force come to power in WB: Tejaswi Yadav
Patna (Bihar) [India], March 3 (ANI): Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader and son of former Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav, Tejaswi Yadav, on Tuesday said their priority and duty is not to let any communal and fascist force come to power (in poll-bound West Bengal).
“It is our priority and duty to not let any communal and fascist force come into power (in West Bengal). We have decided to strengthen Mamata ji’s hands and give our unconditional support to her,” Tejashwi Yadav told reporters.
He said, “Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee called us and we will be there, wherever she needs us.”
On March 1, the RJD leader had announced his full support to her in the coming assembly polls in the state.
Addressing the media after meeting the TMC supremo at Nabanna, the state secretariat here, Tejashwi told reporters, “It is Lalu ji’s decision to provide full support to Mamata Ji. Our first priority is to stop BJP from coming to power in Bengal.”
He also took a jibe at the “baraat” of BJP leaders in the recent weeks arriving in West Bengal to campaign for the party and questioned their ability to run the government in the state better than Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee.
“The BJP is such a big party. The BJP has brought a ‘baarat’ (procession) of all the union ministers to West Bengal. Who is their groom? Name a single BJP leader who is more experienced than Mamta Banerjee in running the government. Will you hand over power to a leader who does not have any experience?” Tejashwi Yadav asked.
West Bengal will witness eight-phased Assembly polls beginning March 27. The counting of votes will take place on May 2.
While Mamata Banerjee is seeking her third consecutive term, BJP has set a target of winning 200 seats in the 294-member state Assembly. Congress and the Left have stitched an alliance for the polls.
With the announcement of the election schedule, the Model Code of Conduct has come into force in the state. (ANI)
Innovation should be affordable for people, accessible to masses: Piyush Goyal
New Delhi [India], March 3 (ANI): Addressing the Global Bio-India Startup Conclave, 2021, Union Minister Piyush Goyal said that innovation has to be affordable for the people, accessible to the masses, and should have an impact on society.
“Innovation has to be affordable for the people, accessible to the masses and should have an impact on society,” the Minister of Railways, Commerce and Industry said at the Conclave organized by the Department of Biotechnology on Tuesday.
Piyush Goyal said in a statement that our startups, young professionals, innovators, thinkers and scientists will be at the cutting edge of technology worldwide, and at the forefront of India’s development to ensure a better future for our children.
Expressing his hope towards the growth of the country, Goyal said that newer technologies will serve the country and ensure we convert future challenges into opportunities.
Goyal complimented all the young startups for their ingenuity, their forward-looking thinking and all the good ideas demonstrated by them.
“Our startups need to be encouraged to experiment, to go beyond the run of the mill thinking. Stressing on the need to ensure they are not afraid of failure. It is only when somebody fails, he knows how not to do something, and the learning helps in the future,” he added.
Lauding the efforts of DBT, the minister said that they have demonstrated India’s capability and prowess in research, innovation and new technologies. He said that the forward-looking, contemporary thinking and professional approach of the department has ensured that there are over 4,000 startups in the country in the field of Biotechnology.
During the event, the project development cell of DBT was launched. Five new technologies were also launched. (ANI)
Ex-serviceman who won star medal during Indo-China war now drives an auto
Hyderabad (Telangana) [India], March 3 (ANI): An ex-serviceman, who was a star medal awardee during the 1971 Indo-China war, now drives an autorickshaw in Hyderabad for a living and has appealed to the state government for help.
Sheikh Abdul Kareem, an ex-Army personnel is a Star Medal recipient, a special award for his contribution to the 1971 Indo-China war.
Speaking to ANI, Kareem said, “I was recruited into the Indian army after the death of my father who worked for the British Army and then for the Indian army. In 1964, I entered the Indian army.”
“I participated in the 1971 Indo-China war and was posted in Lahaul area. I was awarded with Star Medal and was the special award recipient in 1971,” he said.
Kareem said, “During the reign of Indira Gandhi, as there were surplus army personnel, many of them were removed from the postings and I was one of them. While in the army, I applied for government land and was given five acres of land in Gollapalli village in what is now Telangana.”
He said, “After nearly 20 years, the five acres land that was given to me has been distributed among seven village persons and after complaining about the same, I was offered another five acres under the same survey number but was denied the original land. Now it has been nearly about one year and till now the document of the land details are not ready.”
He said that after being removed from the army, he faced a lot of problems. He said that he does not even own a home and currently, at the age of 71, is driving auto-rickshaws to feed his family.
“I offered my services to this nation as an army personnel for nine years, but was removed and am now driving an auto-rickshaw at the age of 71. It has been difficult to feed my family. I do not even have my own house so that I can look after my family,” he said.
He also urged the government to provide ex-servicemen who are homeless with the double bedroom flats that are given to the poor.
“Despite winning a good service medal, I have not even received any sort of pension or any financial support from the government. I also request the central government to financially suport ex-servicemen who are in need of help,” he said. (ANI)
Opinion5 months ago
South Block’s mistakes will now be corrected by Army
Sports8 months ago
When a bodybuilder breaks Shoaib’s record
News10 months ago
PM Modi must take governance back from babus
News8 months ago
Chinese general ordered attack on Indian troops: US intel report
Sports8 months ago
West Indies avoid follow-on, England increase lead to 219
News7 months ago
Things don’t add up in Sushant’s suicide: Swamy
Defence8 months ago
GALWAN: CHINA’S INFORMATION WAR
Defence6 months ago
Sino-Indian logjam: Facts, risks, options and the sum of all fears