CRPF CONTINUES OPERATION ‘OCTOPUS’ AT ‘BURHA PAHAR’ NAXAL BASTION - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

Nation

CRPF CONTINUES OPERATION ‘OCTOPUS’ AT ‘BURHA PAHAR’ NAXAL BASTION

Published

on

The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) has been conducting a major naxal operation named “Octopus” at the heavily mined “Burha Pahar” hilly range in Garhwa district, bordering Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand, officials said on Wednesday. 

The operation has been continuing since September 4 and the force claimed major successes in establishing control in “Burha Pahar”, an area known as a Naxal corridor. A senior CRPF officer told ANI that the “operation ‘Octopus’ was a big success as the force first managed to root out Naxal dominance from the area. “The operation has been going on since September 4 and we have seized a lot of arms and ammunition so far. We intend to stay there. We will open a camp there,” said the officer. 

According to the officer, the ‘Burha Pahar’ hilly range lies in Jharkhand’s Garhwa district, bordering Chhattisgarh. “The hilly, forested terrain was used as a corridor by the Naxals till now. Earlier attempts were also made by security forces, but success was not achieved. In 2018, five security force jawans lost their lives in a major operation,” said the officer. 

The officer said Saurabh alias Markus, Naveen, and Santu were active naxalites, all carrying rewards of between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 20 lakh on information about them in the region. CRPF’s CoBRA unit, its GD Battalion, and state police forces like Jharkhand Jaguar are engaged in the operation in which “one Chinese Cylinder type grenade, 35 Chinese grenades, and three Chinese cone grenades, along with huge arms and ammunition, were seized so far.

Other seized items included two cylinder bombs (ten kg each), 11 bombs weighing 3 kg, two bombs weighing 7 kg, one six kg bomb, 15 Tiffin bombs, one pressure cooker bomb, 25 iron arrow bombs, two kg ammonium nitrate, two kg uria, two pipes for making projectile launchers or barrel grenade launchers, among many such materials, as well as some paints and other items in the operation. 

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

Nation

Shah to address public meetings in J&K

Published

on

Amit Shah

Union Home Minister Amit Shah will be visiting Jammu and Kashmir from 30 September to 2 October, said BJP national general secretary Tarun Chugh on Sunday. This will be Shah’s second visit to the Union Territory since the abrogation of Article 370. Last year, in October, the Home Minister visited Kashmir in the wake of rising attacks on minority community members by terrorists in the Valley.
During his visit, Shah will meet intellectuals and prominent personalities and will address two public meetings on 1 October in Rajouri and will also address another rally in Baramullah on 2 October.
“Amit Shah will visit different areas in this visit and this is a special occasion just like a festival as he was the key person to finish the controversial Articles 370 and 35(a) and broke the shackles of Jammu and Kashmir residents to free them from long bondage. SCs, women, Gujjars-Bakkarwals and other communities were empowered after being neglected for 70 years,” said Chugh.
He further said that the Rajouri and Baramullah areas have been neglected for all these years, hence Amit Shah has decided to visit these areas and address the rallies there.
“BJP has tried to politically empower all those who were denied due space for 70 years,” said Chugh.
The BJP leader further said that the Central government led by PM Narendra Modi has ensured the development of Jammu and Kashmir constantly despite Covid-19 and other
difficulties.
“Modi government is committed for “Sabka Sath, Sabka Vikas” and not only the Vikas of Abdullah and Muftis, Modi government has ensured the development of Jammu and Kashmir constantly despite Covid and other difficulties. Today, Jammu and Kashmir airports are flooded with private airlines. Tourist places like Pahalgam, and religious yatras like Vaishno Mata, and Amarnath are flooded with visitors. Now ‘Pani and Jawani’ of Jammu and Kashmir are being utilised for the development of the region,” he said.

Continue Reading

Nation

Delhi HC issues notice to ED on Jain’s plea challenging transfer of his case

Published

on

Delhi high court

The Delhi High Court on Monday issued notice to the Enforcement Directorate on the plea of former Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain challenging the order of transfer of his case and asked the ED to file a reply. The court will hear the matter on Wednesday.
The bench comprising of Justice Yogesh Khanna posted the matter on 28 September, after Additional Solicitor General SV Raju said to argue the case later.
On the other hand, senior advocates N Hariharan and Rahul Mehra submitted that it is an urgent matter.
Hariharan submitted that the hearing on the bail application was going on from August. This transfer order is unwarranted and sends the wrong message to society.
Mehra submitted that the order of the Supreme Court said that the bail matter should be decided in 14 days. This matter should be heard today or tomorrow.
ASG SV Raju said that the notice has not been issued. “I am not available tomorrow, so please keep the matter on Wednesday,” he added.
At this point, Hariharan said, “There is an election on Wednesday. So please keep it for tomorrow.”
Satyendar Jain had on Friday moved the Delhi High Court seeking a transfer of his case to another judge.
Jain moved the Delhi High Court challenging the Principal District and Sessions Court order allowing an ED petition to transfer his case to another judge.
The Division Bench of Justice Satish Chander Sharma and Justice Subramonium Prasad allowed the mentioning and listed the matter for Monday after senior advocate Rahul Mehra, appearing for Jain, mentioned the matter to the bench. The move came hours after Rouse Avenue Court transferred the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) case of Satyendar Jain to another court on Friday morning, after hearing a petition from the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
On Friday, the Principal District and Sessions Judge Vinay Kumar Gupta agreed to transfer the Satyendar Jain money laundering case to another judge and listed the matter afresh for hearing.
According to the order, the case was transferred to Special Judge Vikas Dhull. Earlier, it was heard at length by Special Judge Geetanjali Goel.
Earlier on Thursday, during arguments of ED, Additional Solicitor General (ASG) SV Raju submitted that there was an attempt to seek medical bail by using false medical reports.
“Satyendar Jain was also the Jail Minister. He spent most of the time in the hospital during judicial custody, the medical report was fake. We gave all the documents to the court, but
nothing happened.

Continue Reading

Nation

PM’s efforts made India FIFTH largest economy in the world: Amit Shah

Published

on

PM Narendra Modi

Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Monday lauded India’s ranking as the fifth largest economy in the world and said that Prime Minister Narendra Modi helped the country improve its rank.
“India was on 11th position in the world of being the largest economy and When Narendra Modi became the PM and he bought it on 5th position now. Congress had brought it from the 11th to the 12th position. PM Modi has taken India to such a position where any important decision cannot be taken without hearing what India has to say,” said Shah.
He also slammed the Congress and underlined the Gujarat riots during the latter’s ruling days.
“I have seen Gujarat in the time of Congress. So many riots used to take place at that time, and people had to store food grains and vegetables. But the BJP has made Gujarat safe,” he added.
Promising the completion of the talav (lakes) at the earliest, he said, “Shilaj Talav, Sarkhej Talav, decorative grill, compound wall, children’s play area, senior citizen area will be made. I want to promise you that the talav will be ready by January 2024.”
Shah performed the Bhoomi Pujan of the 350-bed Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) Hospital in Gujarat’ Sanand.
He said this hospital would provide excellent health facilities to about 3 lakh workers of the Sanand area as well as benefit about 12 lakh workers and their family members from the region and its adjoining areas, as well as all the villagers of Sanand tehsil.
On the occasion, Shah extended Navratri greetings to the people and said that the hospital would have many modern facilities, including OPD, indoor facilities, X-ray, radiology, laboratory, operation theatre, obstetrics, ICU, and ultrasound.
The Union Minister said that the hospital would be made into a “perfect hospital for all”.Initially, the 350-bed hospital to be built on nine and a half acres will cost Rs 500 crore and the Ministry of Labour has made arrangements with foresight, that it can be made into a hospital of 350 to 500 beds immediately if needed. The Home Minister said that after Narendra Modi took over as Prime Minister and Bhupendra Yadav became Labour Minister in 2014, the ESIC scheme has become more meaningful and has been moved forward.

Continue Reading

Nation

10 people were killed and 37 were evacuated in Lucknow after a tractor-trolley fell into a pond.

Published

on

trolley slipped in pool

After a tractor-trolley veered off the main road and fell into a pond, 10 people died in Lucknow. A tractor-trolley transporting 47 Sitapur pilgrims crashed into a pond on Monday. In the disaster, 37 other people have been rescued and are being treated in a neighbouring medical facility while 10 people were confirmed dead.


Several ladies, including two teenage girls, were among the dead. The families of the deceased would receive compensation totaling Rs. 4 lakh, according to chief minister Yogi Adityanath.

34 individuals have already been rescued from the pond. On-site rescue efforts are being carried out by a team from the State Disaster Relief Force (SDRF). Itaunja CHC has received the injured patients.

Further details are awaited.

Continue Reading

Nation

Congress President Bid: Tharoor asserts support from the whole party

Published

on

Shashi Tharoor claims party's support

Congress leader, Shashi Tharoor asserted he has the support of party workers from across the country in his bid for the Congress President post. There are still speculations on the nomination of Rajasthan’s Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot’s bid for the top post of the party. In the midst of the Bharat Jodo Yatra, Tharoor also met Rahul Gandhi in Kerala and said that was a courtesy call as Rahul was in his hometown.


According to Tharoor, several people from all around the nation have asked him to run for the party’s presidency. “You will see the support I enjoy when I submit my nomination paper. I will be in the fray if I get support from party workers from the majority of the states”, said Tharoor in an interview.

He collected his nomination form for the Congress election post last Sunday. He said he was interested in fighting the poll but the picture will be clear after 30th September, the last day of submitting nomination papers.


The Congress leader said he has the support of the Nehru-Gandhi family in fighting the polls. He had discussed the matter with Sonia Gandhi, Rahul and Priyanka “and all three have directly told me that they don’t have any issues”. He also claimed the support of party workers in Kerala in his bid to fight the polls.


The idea of more people contesting for the poll has been welcomed by the current Congress President, Sonia Gandhi. The process for filing nominations for the election will be held from September 24 to 30. The date for scrutiny of the nomination papers is October 1, while the last date for withdrawal of nominations is October 8. This election is being conducted after 22 years. The last election for the post of Congress president was in November 2000 when Sonia Gandhi won, defeating Jitendra Prasada.

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Archana Pooran Singh desires to follow Neena Gupta’s plea for work.

Published

on

Archana Pooran Singh desires to follow Neena Gupt's footsteps

Actor Archana Pooran Singh who is currently seen in The Kapil Sharma show has revealed that she is ‘dying to perform’. She expressed her frustration at people knowing only one aspect of her craft.
Popularly, she is known for her comic role in the classic movie Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, in which she performed the role of Professor Ms Briganza. She developed such a strong comedic reputation, thanks to the role that even 20 years later, she hasn’t been offered a serious role.
The actor added that she can do so much more in acting than comic roles, she can cry and make people cry too. She said the side of her is yet to be explored and this will happen someday.
Archana said, “That chhaap (image) is so solid. Also, a lot of people feel that what they should offer me after Ms Briganza. It’s been almost 25 years since Kuch Kuch Hota Hai was released. And the character is still following me. People also feel that I am best suited only for comedy. As an actor, I feel deprived, cheated and I have been left yearning for good roles.”


She stated that she is considering approaching filmmakers for work in the same way that actress Neena Gupta did. Neena, once posted on her Instagram asking the filmmakers for work as she wasn’t offered any roles in a long time and was sitting at home. After this, she got great opportunities and delivered a blockbuster film, ‘Badhai Ho.’


Archana made her film debut with Abhishek and then featured in Jalwa opposite Naseeruddin Shah. She was also part of several films such as Agneepath (1990), Saudagar (1991), Shola Aur Shabnam (1992), Aashiq Awara (1993), and Raja Hindustani (1996). Fans saw her in comedy roles such as Love Story 2050, Mohabbatein, Krrish, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Masti, De Dana Dan and Bol Bachchan.

Continue Reading

Trending