CAPT AMARINDER APPROVES LEGISLATION OF TEACHERS’ TRANSFER POLICY - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

News

CAPT AMARINDER APPROVES LEGISLATION OF TEACHERS’ TRANSFER POLICY

Published

on

CHANDIGARH : In a slew of decisions to further improve the functioning of schools in the state, Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh on Tuesday gave in-principle approval for legislation of Teachers Transfer Act in the Vidhan Sabha, while announcing Rs 500/month increase in the salaries of Mid-Day Meal workers and distribution of another 2.14 lakh smartphones to Class XII government school students this year.

The enactment of legislation will give legal sanctity to the Teachers Transfer Policy introduced by his government in 2019 to make the entire process transparent, efficient and corruption-free, said the Chief Minister, pointing out that since the policy was brought in, not a single complaint of corruption had been received concerning the transfer of school teachers. Under the policy, which has now also been extended to non-teaching staff, of 1.12 lakh teachers, so far 21600 teachers had availed the benefit.

On the issue of salary hike for MDM workers, Captain Amarinder said it was a long pending demand of the workers, who had got a hike last in 2017. The move will benefit 42000 MDM workers in 19000 schools.

The Chief Minister further announced that the process of distribution of 2.14 lakh more smartphones will commence within three months, with budget allocation already made for 2020-21. The proposal will be cleared at the next meeting of the state cabinet, and orders for the phones will be placed immediately thereafter to enable distribution to commence within the time frame, said Captain Amarinder. The proposal for procurement of smartphones for these students had already been sent to the Department of Industries, he added.

Pointing out that 1.75 lakh students studying in class 12th had already been provided Smart Phones during 2020-21, the Chief Minister said 3502 Tablets had already been provided to the students of Government schools, while Rs. 5.25 crore had been kept aside for e-Libraries.

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

News

DENGUE STRIKES HARYANA, SPURT WITNESSED FOR THIRD TIME DURING THE LAST 7 YEARS

Published

on

New cases of the vector-borne disease dengue are being reported in Haryana continuously as compared to last year, the disease continues to strike back at a large scale increasing the troubles of the health department.

The statistics made available by the concerned wing revealed that as many as 1938 people are infected by the disease so far in the state which is much higher than the cases reported in 2020. It happened for thrice in the last seven years that the disease witnessed spike in new cases which requires the health department to come up fool-proof strategy to tackle down the disease

So, what is the need of the hour is sufficient amount of the required items should be provided so that the can be carried out in all parts and districts of the state.

Several districts emerge on the top in terms of number of new patients and the list includes Panchkula, Sirsa, Faridabad, Gurugram, Nuh, Mahendergarh and Kaithal districts Sirsa, Faridabad and Gurugram. Panchkula occupies the top position with 229 patients to be followed by Sirsa, Faridabad and Gurugram with 205, 153 and 151 cases respectively. If we look at the dengue cases reported during the last 7 years, then what comes out is that as many as 9921 people were infected in 2015, the highest number so far, to be followed by 4550 and 2492 cases in 2017and 2016 respectively. After that and in this series, a total number of cases remained below 2000 each year so far.

Continue Reading

News

PUNJAB CM LAUNCHES ‘MERA GHAR MERE NAAM’ SCHEME

Published

on

In a major reprieve for millions of families especially from weaker and underprivileged sections of society, the Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi on Sunday launched ‘Mera Ghar Mere Naam’ scheme to confer proprietary rights on the people living in the houses within the ‘Lal Lakir’ of villages and the cities.

Addressing the gathering during state level function organised here, the Chief Minister, accompanied by Deputy Chief Minister Sukhjinder Singh Randhawa and Revenue Minister Aruna Chaudhary, envisioned that this scheme will give much needed succour to all the people especially that of needy and underprivileged strata. He said that earlier this scheme was launched only for the residents of villages but now it is being extended to the eligible residents of the cities within the ‘Lal Lakir’.

Channi said that the Revenue department has been mandated to undertake drone survey of such residential properties both in rural and urban areas for digital mapping. The Chief Minister said that subsequently all the eligible residents after proper identification/verification will be given the property cards (sanads) to confer proprietary rights upon them in a time bound manner.

He said that prior to this, the beneficiaries will be given a time of 15 days to file their objections and in case no reply is received from them, the property card will be issued which will serve purpose of registry against which they can avail loans from the banks or even sell their properties thus enhancing its monetary value. Channi also mentioned that the people residing in the houses in old localities (mohallas) since long generation after generation will also be covered under the scheme.

Striking an emotional chord with congress workers, the Chief Minister said that a new era of Congress worker’s and elected representative’s rule has been ushered in the state. Channi said that as Chief Minister his major thrust will be to restore the honour and dignity of Congress workers. He said that every Congress worker is now the Chief Minister of Punjab as he has decentralised all the powers in state.

Continue Reading

News

Kejriwal blames neighbouring states for rise in Delhi air pollution

Published

on

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday hit out at the neighbouring states of Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana and blamed them for the rise in pollution in the national capital and appealed to them to “understand” their responsibility and help the farmers dispose of their stubble.

Inaugurating a hospital in Shalimar Bagh here today, Kejriwal said that the Delhi government controlled the air pollution and the rise in the air pollution in the city is because of the stubble burning in the neighbouring states. “Delhi’s own pollution, including vehicles, industries is within the safe limit. I have been tweeting pollution data in Delhi for the last 1 month. Pollution has started increasing from the last 3-4 days, it is the pollution of stubble, which is burning in the surrounding states,” said Kejriwal.

The Chief Minister further pointed out the efforts of the Delhi government to control the pollution and said that the government made a ‘solution’ that is sprinkled in the fields for free.

“We made a solution. If you sprinkle it on the stubble, there is no need to burn it thereafter,” he added.

Kejriwal further attacked the Chief Ministers of Punjab, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana and said that these states have not done anything for the farmers.

“These states have not done anything for the farmers and so farmers are compelled to burn stubble, which is why Delhi has to suffer from air pollution.”

The Chief Minister appealed to the state governments to “understand” their responsibilities and help the farmers.

Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai said that the Air Quality Index (AQI) in the city was 171 till October 13 that has now risen to 284 due to stubble-burning in the neighbouring states.

He further enumerated the steps taken by the Delhi government to reduce air pollution in the city.

“Delhi government is dealing with pollution on two levels: Tree transplant policy and electric vehicle policy,” said the minister.

Rai claimed that the teams constituted by the government have visited more than a thousand sites and 70 per cent of people are following the norms. Strict action is being taken on the remaining 30 per cent of the people.

Continue Reading

News

SKM CALLS FOR NATIONWIDE ‘RAIL-ROKO’ AGITATION DEMANDING REMOVAL OF AJAY MISHRA TENI

Published

on

The Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) on Sunday called for a six-hour-long nationwide ‘Rail roko’ agitation on October 18 demanding the removal of Union Minister of State (MoS) for Home Affairs Ajay Mishra Teni from the Union Cabinet over the Lakhimpur Kheri violence, in which his son Ashish Mishra Teni is an accused.

A statement issued by the umbrella body of farmers’ unions today read, “To press for its demand for Ajay Mishra’s dismissal and arrest, so that justice can be secured in Lakhimpur Kheri violence, SKM has announced a nation-wide rail roko program on October 18.” “SKM put out a call to its constituents to stop rail traffic for six hours on October 18, between 10 am and 4 pm. SKM asked for this action to be taken up peacefully, without any destruction and damage of any kind to any railway property,” it further read.

The statement stated, “SKM has been demanding the dismissal of Ajay Mishra Teni from the council of Ministers. It is very apparent that with Ajay Mishra being the MoS for Home Affairs in the Union Government, justice cannot be secured in this matter.”

“He promoted hatred, enmity and communal disharmony between Hindus and Sikhs in his speeches. It is his vehicles that were used to mow down peaceful protestors. He harboured his son and accomplices even as the police was issuing summons to Ashish Mishra,” it added.

A total of eight people including four farmers died in the Lakhimpur Kheri violence. Sanyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM), an umbrella body of farmer unions, had alleged MoS Teni’s son Ashish Mishra shot a farmer while the others were run over by the vehicles of his convey.

However, MoS Teni refuted the allegations saying that his son was not present at the site of the incident. Ashish reiterated the same and refuted SKM’s allegations.

Three people, including Ashish Mishra, have been arrested in the case so far.

Continue Reading

News

Will make you feel proud of me after I leave jail: Aryan Khan to NCB counsellor

Published

on

Aryan Khan, who is currently lodged in Arthur Road jail following his alleged involvement in illegal drugs, has said during his counselling session that he will make feel everyone proud of him after he leaves jail, sources said on Sunday.

As per sources, during Aryan Khan’s counselling, Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede and social workers were present where Aryan Khan said that he would get involved himself in social work and will work for the upliftment of poor strata of the society. “He will help financially to all those people who need it,” sources said. Khan also told NCB he will never get involved in any wrongdoings, will work for society and would make ‘you feel proud of me’.

Along with Aryan, other accused were also given counselling sessions by the NCB officials after they were arrested.

Meanwhile, on October 15, Aryan Khan. who was arrested in connection with the drugs-on-cruise case, spoke to his parents Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Khan via video call from inside Mumbai’s Arthur Road Jail on Friday, informed jail officials.

According to the order of the High Court, all the accused or prisoners who are logged in the jail amid COVID-19 can talk to their family members twice a week via video call.

“Aryan was on the call for 10 minutes with his parents, and a jail official was present with him during the call,” said the official.

There are a total of 3,200 prisoners in the Arthur Road jail. As per the guidelines of the jail amid the pandemic, people are not allowed to visit the inmates. They can only speak to them over the phone.

Inmates are allowed 10 minutes to talk to their family members.

An NCB team busted an alleged drugs party on the Cordelia Cruise ship which was on its way to Goa at mid-sea on October 2.

A total of 20 people, including two Nigerian nationals, have been arrested so far in the case related to the seizure of drugs following a raid at a party on the Cordelia cruise ship off the Mumbai coast on October 2.

Continue Reading

News

SINGHU BORDER INCIDENT CONSPIRACY OF THE GOVERNMENT, ALLEGES RAKESH TIKAIT

Published

on

Bharatiya Kisan Union (BKU) leader Rakesh Tikait on Sunday said that the Singhu border incident was a “religious matter” and alleged that “the government was behind the act of spoiling the atmosphere near the border.”

He stated that the government should not link the Singhu Border incident with the farmers’ protest. Speaking to ANI, Tikait alleged that the Singhu border incident was a conspiracy of the governments and said that the government can deteriorate the situation at the border at any time.

“Nihangs said it’s a religious matter and the Government should not link it to farmers’ protest. We’re talking to them and telling them that they are not needed here as of now. Government can deteriorate the situation,” said Tikait.

He further questioned the intelligence of the Central government and alleged that the government already knew about the incident since it was behind the execution of the incident.

“Delhi Police guards the barricades where the incident happened. The intelligence lives there at the border, did they not know about the incident? This shows that the incident was known to all and it was executed by the government,” said the spokesperson.

Earlier on Saturday, two Nihangs were detained by Haryana Police in connection with the Singhu Border incident where a mutilated body was found hanging at the site of farmers’ protest.

An accused in the Singhu border incident was sent to seven days of police custody by the court on Saturday.

The accused has been identified by the police as Sarvajeet Singh who was earlier detained from Kundli in Sonipat on Friday evening.

The second accused in the Singhu Border incident was arrested by Amritsar Rural Police on Saturday outside a Gurudwara in Rakh Devidass Pura, Amarkot village, Punjab.

The accused has been identified as Narayan Singh.

Continue Reading

Trending