+

T20 World Cup Final: Jasprit Bumrah Wins 'Player Of The Tournament' Title

Following India’s win in the concluded T20 World Cup, Indian bowler Jasprit Bumrah won the ‘player of the tournament’ for his exceptional bowling performance on Saturday. Reacting to his win, he said, that he cannot control his feeling after winning such a title and team is so happy for winning the ICC trophy. Speaking in […]

Jasprit Bumrah
Jasprit Bumrah

Following India’s win in the concluded T20 World Cup, Indian bowler Jasprit Bumrah won the ‘player of the tournament’ for his exceptional bowling performance on Saturday.

Reacting to his win, he said, that he cannot control his feeling after winning such a title and team is so happy for winning the ICC trophy.

Speaking in the post-match presentation Jasprit Bumrah said, ‘Usually, I am the one who tries to keep my emotions in check and get the job done but today I do not have many words, I do not usually cry after a game but the emotions are taking over. We were in trouble but we are really over the moon to win from that stage. My family is here, we came close last time and we got the job done, there is no better feeling than to get your team through in a game like this. It just felt good, tried to keep myself in a bubble and tried not to think too far ahead.’

Furthermore, he also said, that when a big day comes, you have to perform and you have to keep your emotions in check.

‘When the big day comes, you have to do it, throughout the tournament I felt very clear. I always think about one ball and one over at a time, do not think too far ahead. Emotions can take over, it was taking over but you have to keep it in check but now that the game is over, it can come out and you can scream and shout.’

Later, when he was asked about 16th over, Burmah revealed, that the ball was bit scuffed and would reverse a bit. In this way, he bowled it, as it was a difficult shot for the bowler.

‘I saw the ball was a bit scuffed up and it would reverse a bit, thought which would be the most difficult shot for the batter and was able to execute it.’ revealed Bumrah.

Meanwhile, Virat Kohli also won ‘Player of the Match’ due to his performance.

Tags:

Jasprit BumrahT20 World CupTDGThe Daily GuardianVirat Kohli