Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], February 11 (ANI): Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and couples are gearing up to celebrate the occasion with their loved ones, finding unique ways to make their significant other feel special. However, the day of love could be especially hard for many single people, with never-ending string of images featuring happy couples on social media to reruns of old rom-coms on TV.
The day can leave people feeling particularly lonely, especially someone who has just broken up. So, if you are one of those newly-single people trying to cope with the holiday, Bollywood actor Ananya Panday’s tips to move on could come in handy.
Let’s admit it: breakups can be hard, sometimes taking a toll on one’s health. And moving on is so much harder. But, you are not alone as 43 per cent of 2000 singles surveyed by dating application Tinder indicated that their most recent relationships ended since the pandemic began due to COVID-19 related restrictions.
So, if you’re not entirely over your quarantine ex, perhaps 2021 could offer hope for a fresh start. Ananya, who will be next seen in the upcoming movie ‘Liger’, got candid, sharing her break up anthem and go-to rituals to move on. Here’s a list of ways to cope with Valentine’s Day right after a break-up:
1. Love yourself: A break-up is not a failure. It is an opportunity to grow, learn, and make yourself the hero of your own love story. Self-love is the greatest form of love, and this V-day try to put yourself first. Indulge in activities that make you happy from reading a book to watching the rerun of your favourite show to hitting the gym or cooking your comfort food, spend some quality time with yourself.
Speaking about how important self-love is, Ananya told ANI, “Honestly, I always say you should rebound with yourself after a break-up, use the opportunity to fall even more in love with yourself.”
She added, “Treat yourself to a spa day, take a solo trip, dance to every Beyonce and Taylor Swift track, or spend time with friends. I always dance it out after a break-up.”
And for the days when you find yourself haunted by the memory of your ex, live by Ananya’s evergreen break-up mottos, “This too shall pass and Yeh toh trailer tha, picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.”
2. Moving on: Everyone is wired differently and has their own process of grieving after a break-up. But the ultimate mantra is ‘you do you’ – you do what you need, your way. One can go from burning their former partner’s photo ‘Jab We Met’ style to stalking them on social media soon after.
And don’t we all stalk our former partners at least once? Well, turns out that celebrities are no different! Ananya shared how she is the ‘biggest spy on the planet’ when it comes to stalking an ex.
Ananya said, “I am the biggest jasoos (spy) on planet Earth. I start with one profile, then go to their aunt’s, find out their mother’s height, their rashi (zodiac sign) – anything you’d want to know.”
3. New year, new bae: Don’t let Valentine’s Day be a rude reminder of your singleness, there is so much more to look forward to. The relationships yet to come, the sparks you haven’t yet felt, the first dates you are yet to go on, so it’s definitely not the end of the world.
“You will kiss many many frogs before you find your prince or princess charming,” added Ananya. The 22-year-old actor channels the cinema-lover in her every time she’s going through a break-up. Ananya shared how she loves gorging on chocolates and revealed her ‘break up anthem’.
The actor, who made her Bollywood debut with the 2019 hit film ‘Student of the Year 2’, said, “I’m very filmy about my breaks-ups. I cry, listen to music, eat chocolate, and think about the tanhai, I need my filmy moment.”
Dramatising a heartbreak can really help in lightening the mood. “Come to think of it, I’m not even all that sad,” she said while confessing her break up mood ranges between two extremes – ‘Channa Mereya’ by Arijit Singh and ‘Don’t You Wish Your Girlfriend Was Hot Like Me’ and of course Arianna Grande’s ‘Thank you, Next’ – the ultimate moving on anthem.
While these are a few tips shared by Ananya, we also have a list of ways to help you cope up with Valentine’s Day if you have recently experienced a break-up.
1. Dating apps could be your next best friend: Dating apps could really help if you are trying to find someone to click with. After all, a spark is just a swipe away. And while you are at it, pour yourself a glass of your favourite drink or gorge on your comfort food, and start swiping. It’s not that bad, the attention one gets is flattering, and you don’t have to go on an actual date with anybody if you aren’t ready just yet.
2. Make plans with your friends and family: Love is not just romantic: friends, family, personal space, and self-care are all forms of love in your life worth celebrating. It’s important for people to reach out for help when they need it. Friends and family can be great sources of love and support. So, maybe a day out with your friends or family members could help you feel lighter and happier. Flip Valentine’s Day into a “Pal-entine’s Day!
3. Start a Valentine’s Day tradition: Rather than celebrating the day of love by going on conventional dinner dates with someone, start new traditions in order to help associate positive memories with the day. Perhaps doing something fun and different and starting a new tradition like donating blood, going to a workout class, attending a concert or an event could make a huge difference.
4. Be mindful when you scroll through social media: Break-ups can be even harder with social media that makes it all the more difficult to avoid seeing happy couples. So, it’s important to be mindful when you scroll through your timeline on Valentine’s Day and also remember to filter your Netflix watch-next queue list which may be littered with Valentine’s Day-themed movies and shows.
5. Getting back into old hobbies: Going back to old hobbies that brought you joy but may have taken a backseat in your priority list during your relationship can also be a productive way to focus on what really keeps you happy.
6. Recognize your feelings and give yourself time: Identifying your emotions and giving yourself time to heal is the most important step when trying to move on. While the pain can be difficult, it is important to feel it in order to work through your emotions fully rather than bottling them inside.
Now that we have got you all covered, use these ideas to make yourself feel extra special this Valentine’s. (ANI)
The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.
THE INCREDIBLE JOURNEY OF HARSHVARDHAN RANE
Actor Harshvardhan Rane has garnered a huge fan base over the years, thanks to his performances in films like Taish and Sanam Teri Kasam. Besides his acting ventures, Rane is also loved for being an adventure enthusiast. While he loves riding motorbikes, he also owns an off-roader, which he’s named Jango. Interestingly, he’s owned the 4×4 for eight years and now he’s become the face of the brand!
His friends and fans call him ‘the mountain boy’ and they are well aware that Harshvardhan holds Jango very close to his heart. He’s done various adventure trails with it and he’s spent days eating, sleeping and literally staying in it at deserted locations. Now, becoming a face for the brand Mahindra is like life coming a full circle for him.
IT WOULD BE SO TIRING: SAIF ON IDEA TO REMAKE ‘BABY’S DAY OUT’ WITH TAIMUR
MUMBAI: When one of Saif Ali Khan’s fans wanted him and Taimur to star in a remake of Baby’s Day Out, the actor responded by saying that working with kids, especially one’s own, can be a ‘task’ and become tiring. “It would be so tiring to do a movie with Tim. He would be like, ‘I don’t want to shoot anymore’, after a while. It’s difficult to work with children, especially your own. Actually, you could do it. Maybe you could do an amazing movie together,” he said. Saif and Kareena’s first-born, Taimur, has always been a sensation among the paparazzi and fans. At only four years old, the adorable star kid already has multiple fan accounts dedicated to him on social media. On the work front, Saif will be soon seen in films like “Bunty Aur Babli 2”, “Adipurush”, “Bhoot Police”.
ARJUN KAPOOR OPENS UP ABOUT HIS WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
MUMBAI: On Tuesday, actor Arjun Kapoor took to Instagram to talk about how his late mother’s teachings helped him to focus on his fitness. Before making his Bollywood debut with ‘Ishaqzaade’ in 2012, Arjun was overweight. It took him a lot of hard work and dedication to reach where he is today. His latest transformation has undoubtedly left everyone spellbound. Speaking about it, Arjun wrote, “Pehle main bohot mota bohot pareshan tha…. No no this is not one of those posts …Just putting it out there that I love every chapter of my life. Those days and even now, I have been myself at every step of the way. I cherish every bit. I’m a work in progress like anyone and everyone else. My mother told me every stage of your life is a journey & you will always be a constant work in progress. I understand the meaning of that now more than ever and I’m loving that I’m working towards bettering myself… every damn day.” Along with it, he posted his then and now pictures on Instagram.
DEEPIKA UNDERGOES INTENSE TRAINING FOR SRK’S ‘PATHAN’
MUMBAI: Deepika Padukone is busy these days with projects opposite A-listers such as Prabhas and Shah Rukh Khan, among others. According to a report published in Mid Day, she will be seen doing some high-octane action sequences in Pathan. In fact, Deepika has undergone intense preparations for this action avatar. “Deepika is shooting for high octane action scenes for Pathan currently. They are shooting them in Mumbai itself and Deepika has done intense preps for it,” a source close to the actress was quoted saying. Interestingly, this isn’t the first time that Deepika will be seen giving a glimpse of her action avatar on the big screen. She did have a power-packed role in her Hollywood debut XXX: Return of Xander Cage with Vin Diesel. Apart from Deepika and Shah Rukh Khan, Pathan will also feature John Abraham who will be seen as the lead antagonist in the movie.
BRITNEY’S LAWYER FILES PLEA TO REMOVE HER FATHER FROM CONSERVATORSHIP
WASHINGTON: Britney Spears’ new lawyer has officially filed a petition to remove the singer’s father Jamie Spears from the conservatorship. According to Variety, Mathew Rosengart, who was appointed as Britney’s attorney earlier this month, requested the Los Angeles Superior court to replace Jamie Spears with CPA Jason Rubin as conservator of Britney’s estate. In the 127-page legal document, Rosengart even mentioned several reasons as to why Jamie Spears should not be involved with his daughter’s conservatorship, and stated that he has “dissipated” Britney’s multi-million dollar fortune. He argued that Jamie Spears has “profited handsomely” from the conservatorship, noting his $16,000-per-month compensation from his daughter’s estate. “Indeed, serious questions abound concerning Mr Spears’s potential misconduct, including conflicts of interest, conservatorship abuse and the evident dissipation of Ms Spears’s fortune, which Mr Spears has effectively controlled since 2008,” the lawyer wrote in the legal document. For the unversed, Britney was first placed under a conservatorship, overseen in part by her father, back in 2008.
KATRINA SAYS SHE’S ‘NOTHING’ WITHOUT HER TRAINERS
NEW DELHI: It’s hardly a secret that Katrina Kaif is health freak, thanks to several workout videos on social media. The actress once again ready to your breath away with her latest workout video. Interestingly, in this video she says that she’s ‘nothing’ without her trainers and emphasises how her trainers and teachers have been so patient with her and worked hard on her.
Taking to her Instagram, Katrina posted a video of her several workout sessions. From stretching to boxing to kickboxing, the diva can be seen doing it all and with a smile on her face. She makes everything look so effortless. Katrina captioned this post as “#work………….actually I would be nothing without the amazing teachers and trainers who work so patiently with me, learning something new everyday.” The moment she posted this video, fans, as always, started showering her with love.
The background music perfectly this video. The lyrics say, “You want to know how I get away with everything? I work from Monday to Friday, Friday to Sunday!”
Opinion10 months ago
South Block’s mistakes will now be corrected by Army
Sports1 year ago
When a bodybuilder breaks Shoaib’s record
News1 year ago
PM Modi must take governance back from babus
Spiritually Speaking12 months ago
Spiritual beings having a human experience
News1 year ago
Chinese general ordered attack on Indian troops: US intel report
Sports1 year ago
West Indies avoid follow-on, England increase lead to 219
Legally Speaking1 year ago
Law relating to grant, rejection and cancellation of bail
Royally Speaking10 months ago
The young royal dedicated to the heritage of Jaipur