'Toolkit' case suspect Shantanu applies for anticipatory bail from Bombay HC - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

News

‘Toolkit’ case suspect Shantanu applies for anticipatory bail from Bombay HC

Published

on

Aurangabad (Maharashtra) [India], February 15 (ANI): Shantanu Mallick, suspect in the ongoing ‘Toolkit’ document case related to the farmers’ protest, on Monday moved the Aurangabad bench of the Bombay High Court seeking transit anticipatory bail.
Disha Ravi, a 21-year-old climate activist was arrested from Bengaluru in connection with the formulation and dissemination of Toolkit document. The Delhi Police on Monday issued a non-bailable warrant against Nikita Jacob and Shantanu in the case.
“Non-bailable warrants were issued against Nikita Jacob and Shantanu. The two are involved in the toolkit matter,” Delhi Police said earlier today.
Delhi police had earlier said Ravi was one of the editors of ‘Toolkit’ document.
“Disha Ravi is an editor of the Toolkit Google Doc and a key conspirator in document’s formulation and dissemination. She started a WhatsApp group and collaborated to make the Toolkit doc. She worked closely with them to draft the Doc,” tweeted Delhi Police.
According to CyPAD Delhi Police, the editors of the toolkit collaborated with the pro-Khalistani Poetic Justice Foundation to spread disaffection against the Indian State. Ravi was the one who shared the Toolkit Doc with Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg.
Farmers have been protesting at different borders of the national capital since November 26 last year against the three newly enacted farm laws: Farmers’ Produce Trade and Commerce (Promotion and Facilitation) Act, 2020; the Farmers Empowerment and Protection) Agreement on Price Assurance and farm Services Act 2020 and the Essential Commodities (Amendment) Act, 2020. (ANI)

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

News

Govt has no intention of protecting culprits of Hirenagavalli blast: K Sudhakar

Published

on

By

Bengaluru (Karnataka) [India], February 24 (ANI): Karnataka Minister Dr K Sudhakar on Wednesday asserted that the state government had no intention of protecting the culprits in the Hirenagavalli blast incident that took place in Chikkaballapura earlier this week.
“Several suspects have already been arrested in this case, including the owners of the company. A CID (Crime Investigation Department) investigation has also been ordered. Despite this, some people are trying to give it a political colour and indulging in character assassination,” a statement quoted Sudhakar said, condemning the statements of Congress leaders.
“It is very unbecoming for those in responsible positions to try to fish in troubled waters,” he added.
The health minister, who is also Chickaballapur district in-charge minister, said that after the Shivamogga blast incident that took place earlier last month, as many as three meetings had been held with the District Administration.
“Officials have been instructed to check illegal mining activities, supply, storage, and usage of explosives through regular inspections at mining sites,” he said.
“Although the mining activity is legal, the storage and usage of explosives were in violation of rules. So officials had filed a case and ordered the suspension of activities. Officials again visited the site a few days later and fearing further action, the owners had instructed the workers to shift the explosives to a remote place. The unfortunate incident took place when the explosives were being shifted,” Sudhakar added.
Karnataka Mines and Geology Minister Murugesh Nirani on Tuesday inspected the blast site at Hirenagavalli in Chikkaballapura.”
“A compensation of Rs 5 lakh will be provided to the kin of the deceased. The injured will be provided the best medical care. State Government will extend all the assistance to the victims and their families,” Nirani said.
According to Karnataka Police, at least six people have died and another has sustained injuries in the blast at Chikkaballapur district on Monday night. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Delhi records 200 new COVID-19 cases, 115 recoveries in last 24 hours

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], February 24 (ANI): Delhi reported 200 fresh COVID-19 cases, 115 recoveries, and two deaths in the last 24 hours, according to the Delhi health department’s data on Wednesday.
With the addition of new infections, the cumulative COVID-19 cases in the national capital reached 6,38,373, including 6,26,331 recoveries, and 10,905 deaths.
At present, the total number of active cases in the state stands at 1,137.
The cumulative positivity rate in the national capital is 5.26 per cent. At present, Delhi has 644 containment zones.
As per the latest update by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), the country has a total of 1,46,907 active cases on February 24, till 8 am. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Bihar MLA urges PM to bring population control law for country’s benefit

Published

on

By

Patna (Bihar) [India], February 24 (ANI): Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLA from Bihar Neeraj Bablu on Wednesday urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to bring population control law for the country’s benefit.
He clarified that he was not targeting a particular group but was talking about the benefit of the whole country.
“Looking at how the country’s population is increasing, the population control law should be brought in and implemented across the country. I urge Prime Minister to execute this. It would be for the country’s benefit only and help in development,” Bablu said.
“We are not targetting any particular group. We are saying this for the benefit of the whole country,” he added.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has on several occasions, advocated for smaller families.
“There is a need to have greater discussion and awareness on population explosion. If you do proper family planning then you will naturally see that a smaller family can be happier, healthier and more content. The family will remain free from diseases with more resources,” Prime Minister Modi had said while addressing the nation on 73rd Independence Day from the Red Fort in 2019. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Andhra Pradesh reports 94 new COVID-19 cases

Published

on

By

Amaravati (Andhra Pradesh) [India], February 24 (ANI): Andhra Pradesh reported 94 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday taking the total count of cases to 8,89,503.
According to the data from the state COVID nodal officer, the state has 603 active COVID-19 cases.
The death toll in the state stands at 7,168 and no fatalities have been reported in the last 24 hours.
The total number of recoveries stands at 8,81,732 and 66 more people recovering from this virus in the last 24 hours.
India reported 13,742 new cases of coronavirus and 104 deaths in the last 24 hours, according to the Union Health Ministry. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Bihar cop shot dead as liquor smugglers open fire on police during raid

Published

on

By

Sitamarhi (Bihar) [India], February 24 (ANI): A police sub-inspector was shot dead in the Majorganj area of Bihar’s Sitamarhi district on Tuesday when he had gone to arrest a person accused in an illegal liquor sale case.
According to Deputy Superintendent of Police PN Sahu, the late sub-inspector Dinesh Ram and Chowkidar Lal Babu were fired upon while entering the home of the accused.
“A police team had gone to arrest a person accused in an illegal liquor sale case. They were fired upon when they were entering the home of the accused,” Sahi said.
“Sub-inspector Dinesh Ram and Chowkidar Lal Babu sustained injuries in the firing. Ram died on way to a hospital, Babu is undergoing treatment,” the DSP added. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Trivendra Rawat inaugurates Women’s Commando Force, Smart Cheetah Police of Uttarakhand

Published

on

By

Dehradun (Uttarakhand) [India], February 24 (ANI): Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on Wednesday inaugurated the Women’s Commando Force and Smart Cheetah Police of Uttarakhand here.
The chief minister honoured Commando Instructor Shifu Shaurya Bhardwaj, Military Officer Rubina Korky, PTC Narendra Nagar Instructor Hitesh Kumar, Commando Inspector Neeraj Kumar and, trained women police commandos.
Rawat said, “Uttarakhand Police has joined the squad of women commandos today. Uttarakhand has become the fourth state in the country where a squad of women commandos has been added in the police department.”
“The women police commandos have been given solid training,” he added.
Thanking Shifu Shaurya Bhardwaj, who trained the commandos, the CM said that Bhardwaj gave this training only on a request and he didn’t take any monetary benefit in return.
“It is necessary to teach elementary self-protection measures to the girls studying in schools and colleges. It is necessary to give motivation to the daughters, this is the need of society. They should have knowledge about self-protection. It is our endeavour that in the times to come, we should train daughters from the point of view of self-protection,” Rawat further added.
The 22 women commandos trained in the Police Line in Dehradun showed many self-protection stunts. On the occasion, he paid tribute to the two policemen who died during the disaster in Chamoli district.
Dharampur MLA Vinod Chamoli, Chairperson of Women’s Commission Vijaya Barthalwal, Military Safety Advisor to Chief Minister Lt (Retd.) JS Negi, Secretary Home Nitesh Jha, Director General of Police Ashok Kumar and officers of police were present. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Trending