Tom Holland says he would love to play 'really short' James Bond - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Tom Holland says he would love to play ‘really short’ James Bond

Published

on

Washington [US], February 10 (ANI): Spider-Man stepping into the shoes of James Bond? Hollywood actor Tom Holland, who is widely known for playing Spider-Man in the Marvel films, is throwing his name into the discussion around who should be the next Bond after actor Daniel Craig exits the popular role with ‘No Time To Die’.
As per People Magazine, the 24-year-old actor said on Variety’s Awards Circuit podcast recently that regardless of his height, he would not hesitate to replace Craig as the next 007 in the iconic James Bond spy films.
Expressing his interest in playing the popular role he said, “I mean, ultimately, as a young British lad who loves cinema, I’d love to be James Bond. So, you know, I’m just putting that out there. I look pretty good in a suit.”
Holland jokingly added, “I’d be like a really short James Bond.”
The role of James Bond has been played on the big screen by seven actors — Sean Connery, David Nivem, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Borsnan, and Craig, who is exiting the role after the upcoming movie ‘No Time to Die’.
Aside from playing Bond, Holland told Variety that he also hopes to work with Dame Maggie Smith in the future. “I love her. She’s so like English and just seems so sweet. I’d really love to work with Maggie Smith,” he said of the Oscar-winning star.
Holland also shared that he has a few more exciting projects in the pipeline. “I’ve got two roles coming up that I’m playing in the next few years that I’m really excited about, but I can’t talk about them yet,” he said without giving away any further details.

As for the very anticipated third Spider-Man film, Holland told Variety that “it’s the most ambitious standalone superhero movie ever made.”
Holland said, “You sit down, read the script, and see what they’re trying to do, and they’re succeeding. It’s really impressive. I’ve never seen a standalone superhero movie quite like it. And I’m just, you know, again, that lucky little s– who happens to be Spider-Man in it.”
He continued, “We got a lot more shooting to do. We started before Christmas and shot for like seven weeks. We stopped for the Christmas break, and then we’re starting again. I’m just as excited as everyone else to see it, let alone be a part of it.”
Holland is also set to star in the new crime film ‘Cherry’, in which he plays an Army medic who suffers from PTSD and starts robbing banks to pay for his opioid addiction. The film is directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, who helmed numerous Marvel films including ‘Avengers: Endgame’.
‘Cherry’ is slated to hit the theatres on February 26 and will stream on Apple TV+ on March 12. (ANI)

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Anubhav Sinha shares picture from ‘Anek’ shoot, calls it ‘toughest’ film so far

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], February 26 (ANI): Ace filmmaker Anubhav Sinha, who is currently shooting for his upcoming directorial ‘Anek’ in the North East region of the country, shared a post on Friday explaining that filming the movie has been a tough experience for him.
The ‘Thappad’ director took to his Instagram handle and shared a selfie of him with a sunburnt face, which he explained was the result of the forthcoming film’s extensive shoot.
Captioning the picture, he wrote, “When your face is burnt like this you are halfway through the filming. #ANEK. Toughest so far.”

‘Anek’, set to hit the big screens on September 17, marks Anubhav’s second collaboration with actor Ayushmann Khurrana after the critically-acclaimed 2019 film ‘Article 15’.
Helmed by the ‘Mulk’ filmmaker, ‘Anek’ is being bankrolled by Anubhav and Bhushan Kumar under Benaras Media Works and T-Series. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Sonu Sood helps Jhansi villagers, promises to tackle water scarcity by installing handpumps

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], February 26 (ANI): Bollywood actor Sonu Sood, who has been in the limelight because of his philanthropic work, recently extended support to a village in Jhansi after a man approached the actor with the concern of no water in his village, due to which the villagers were facing problems.
In order to help the villagers, the 47-year-old actor started the work of getting hand pumps installed there. Speaking about it, Sood said, “These guys asked because there was no water, the kids in the family were really suffering. They had to walk kilometers to get the water, so we are getting handpumps installed there, so the water scarcity will totally go and the villagers are very very excited as its the first time that something like this has happened to them.”
He further said, “The whole community is pretty excited and in fact, they are all standing at the venue where the handpumps are being installed. It’s a pretty exciting sight and hopefully, someday I will also go and drink some water from those handpumps. This is special for me also.”
Previously, Sood had extended support to the family of a 45-year-old man, who had lost his life due to the Uttarakhand glacier burst.
Sood has consistently helped many underprivileged families during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. His noble gestures inspired many and were widely lauded by politicians, peers, and fans and earned him the title of a Messiah and a real-life superhero.
Separately, on the film front, Sood recently announced a new movie titled ‘Kisaan’, to be directed by E Niwas and backed by filmmaker Raaj Shaandilyaa. Apart from that, he will also feature in Chiranjeevi-starrer upcoming Telugu movie ‘Acharya’.
Sood will also be seen in Akshay Kumar-starrer ‘Prithviraj’, which is slated to release on November 5, this year. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Vivek Agnihotri comments on new OTT guidelines, says ‘demands finally being met’

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], February 26 (ANI): Reacting to the new rules for digital news organisations, social media portals, and OTT platforms announced on Thursday, Bollywood director Vivek Agnihotri said that he believes “guidelines should be there and this is a good move.”
As the Union Ministers Prakash Javadekar and Ravi Shankar Prasad addressed a press conference to finalise the new rules, there were some new changes included to enhance strict oversight mechanisms involving several ministries.
With regards to the new guidelines, Vivek Agnihotri said, “There has been a demand since a long time especially from teachers, parents, activist to have a control on the perversion on OTT platforms. And it is in a way good, to know that the new guidelines address it. And they also will be considering the women who are objectified or any kind of disrespect shown towards women, which is a very good move.”
He further said, “Secondly the most important one, is that they have also made sure that if anyone has an issue, they can sort it out within 15days after being registered within 24 hours, this also allows the public to be involved and feel heard. Now we would also have an idea who we will be talking to especially with regards to social media, which I think is a good thing! I believe guidelines should be there and this is a good move.”
The all-new code of ethics which was announced on Thursday mandated intermediaries to ensure and exercise “due caution and discretion” in relation to the general principles around online curated content.
The main goal of these new guidelines is that the all-new document by the government would definitely caution online content platforms, perhaps not to impact India’s sovereignty and integrity.
Content on OTT platforms had recently fuelled controversy, leading to public outcry and the booking of makers of some programs.
Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar had on January 31 announced that the Ministry will soon release guidelines on OTT platforms as it had been receiving a lot of complaints against some serials available online. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Hrithik Roshan’s statement to be recorded tomorrow in case against Kangana Ranaut

Published

on

By

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], February 26 (ANI): Bollywood megastar Hrithik Roshan has been summoned to appear before the Mumbai crime branch at 11 am on Saturday to record his statement in a case he registered against actor Kangana Ranaut in 2016 involving an exchange of emails between the two.
In 2016, Roshan had filed a complaint alleging that someone impersonating him was emailing Ranaut from a bogus email id. Kangana had then claimed that the email id was provided to her by Roshan and they had been communicating through the same email id till 2014. The emails were allegedly sent in 2013 and 2014.
In 2016, Roshan had sent a legal notice to Ranaut after she had referred to him as a silly ex. Roshan had denied having any kind of relationship with Ranaut. The two actors had worked together in the films ‘Kites’ (2010) and ‘Krrish 3’ (2013). Roshan had then claimed that Ranaut had been sending him hundreds of absurd emails. In 2016, the Cyber Cell had also taken Roshan’s laptop and phone for investigation.
Roshan had accused Ranaut of harassing him by sending him hundreds of emails. Following an initial probe, police recorded Ranaut’s statement after concluding that the emails were allegedly sent from her id. However, Ranaut has denied sending emails to Roshan.
In December 2020, the case, which was earlier with the Cyber Cell of the Mumbai police, was transferred to Criminal Intelligence Unit (CIU) on a request made by Roshan’s lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Hrithik’s statement to be recorded in imposter case involving Kangana Ranaut

Preeti Sompura

Published

on

The Criminal Investigation Unit (CIU) investigating Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan’s complaint against an unknown imposter is likely to call Hrithik to record his statement in the next couple of days. The crime branch is likely to issue summons to the actor and call him to record his statement as early as Friday. After his statement, CIU will also call actress Kangana Ranaut to record her statement. In 2016 Hrithik alleged that he had been receiving emails from an account that was in the name of Kangana, however, she denied the account to be hers.

On 14 December, a complaint of impersonation, lodged by Hrithik in May 2014 against “unidentified individuals”, was transferred from the Mumbai Police’s Cyber Cell to the CIU. The transfer follows a letter written by the actor’s lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani to the Mumbai Police Commissioner regarding the lack of progress in the case.

In 2014, Hrithik had filed the impersonation complaint after days of a heated exchange with Kangana. The altercation between them, who worked together in ‘Krrish 3’, had begun when Hrithik sent Kangana a legal notice after she referred to him as her “silly ex” during an interview.

Hrithik first responded on Twitter, disputing the existence of any previous romantic relationship with Kangana. He wrote that there were more chances of him having had “an affair with Pope”.

Hrithik followed this with a legal notice, demanding a public apology from her. Kangana refused to apologise, claiming that the two had been romantically involved in 2014. She sent a counter-notice to Hrithik, asking him to take his notice back or face a criminal case.

Hrithik’s legal notice alleged mental harassment by Kangana. It claimed that she had sent him 1,439 emails, to which he never responded, besides telling people in the film industry that they had been in a relationship. It suggested that whoever Kangana had been in touch with was an imposter, pretending to be Hrithik.

Kangana denied the suggestion, saying that the particular email id used for her correspondence with him had been given to her by Hrithik himself. She added that the email had been kept private so as to prevent it from having a negative impact on the divorce proceedings between Hrithik and his ex-wife Sussanne Khan.

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

SUSHMITA SEN HAS STARTED SHOOTING FOR AARYA SEASON 2

Published

on

Sushmita Sen announced that shooting has kickstarted for the second season of her much-anticipated thriller drama series ‘Aarya’ on Thursday. The ‘Main Hoon Na’ actress took to her official social media accounts to share the news with her fans. She posted an extreme close up picture of her eyes where her luscious locks are seen covering half of her face.

Sushmita went on to compliment the post with a short note dedicated to the film and its team and wrote, “She sees a storm coming…in the mirror! #Aarya #season2 ‘your wish is our command’ I love you guys! Let’s do this @madhvaniram @officialrmfilms @disneyplushotstarvip #TeamAarya #duggadugga.” The director of the series Ram Madhvani commented on her post “Welcome back Aarya”.

Sushmita made her comeback with the web series ‘Aarya’ for which she had bagged the title ‘Best Actor in drama series’ by eminent entertainment award platforms like Filmfare, Dada Saheb Phalke, Film Critics Guild, and Raj Kapoor Award. Sikandar Kher, Manish Chaudhari, Namit Das, Chandrachur Singh, and Vinod Rawat were part of the first season of ‘Aarya’.

Continue Reading

Trending