Telangana BJP chief accuses TRS of expanding PFI footprints with AIMIM support in state - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

Nation

Telangana BJP chief accuses TRS of expanding PFI footprints with AIMIM support in state

Published

on

Telangana BJP chief accuses TRS of expanding PFI footprints with AIMIM support in state

Telangana Bharatiya Janata Party chief Bandi Sanjay on Wednesday accused the ruling TRS of “expanding the Popular Front of India footprints” in the state with the support of AIMIM.
The BJP leader alleged that the PFI was “conspiring to create terror in Telangana by indulging in bomb explosions”. Addressing a gathering at Nagole crossroads on the completion of his 100-day of Praja Sangrama Yatra foot march, Bandi said, “The PFI, which is a banned organisation all over the country, is operating with the blessings of the AIMIM leaders and it was the TRS government which is responsible for the expansion of this extremist organisation. Some TRS leaders are patronising the PFI by providing funds to it”.
Hitting out at Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, he asked if he was in his “slumber” till the National Investigation Agency (NIA) conducted raids on the PFI extremists.
“Why was KCR in his slumber till the NIA conducted raids on the PFI extremists, who were operating under the guise of gym instructors and voluntary organisations?” he asked.
Stating that the BJP would go all out to bring about unity in the Hindu society and protect the Hindu dharma, the BJP state president said if given a chance to rule the state, the BJP would make efforts to weed out extremist outfits like the PFI.
Earlier on Tuesday, Sanjay Kumar challenged KCR to ally with Asaduddin Owaisi-led AIMIM and called him “Kasim Chandrashekar Rizvi”.

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

Nation

Delhi makes it compulsory for construction sites to install anti-smog guns

Published

on

As stubble burning season begins in north India and pollution levels in the national capital increase, the Delhi government has started implementing its Winter Action Plan.
The Delhi government has made it compulsory for construction sites with an area of 5,000 square metres or more to install anti-smog guns. Now Graded Response Action Plan (GRAP) measures will be implemented three days in advance based on forecasts before the air quality worsens.
While addressing a press conference on Tuesday Delhi Environment Minister Gopal Rai said, ‘’The Environment Department has prepared a 15-point Winter Action Plan. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will present this 15-pointer Winter Action Plan in front of the people of Delhi on September 30.’’
Gopal Rai said, ‘’This time, the Commission of Air Quality Management (CAQM) has also made certain changes in the GRAP measures. We are developing our plan of action, keeping in mind the advice of the CAQM, to be brought into force on October 1st. The major shift in the upcoming plan from the erstwhile system is that previously, the basic parameter was PM 2.5 and PM 10. On the basis of this parameter, the level of pollution was bifurcated into five categories: moderate, poor, very poor, severe, and severe plus.’’
‘’Now, instead of gauging the level of pollution on the basis of PM 2.5 and PM 10 values, monitoring will be done on the basis of the Air Quality Index (AQI) and the GRAP measures will be implemented in Delhi accordingly. There will be four categories of level of pollution instead of five in the new Plan: Poor (AQI 201-300), Very Poor (AQI 301-400), Severe (401-450), Severe Plus (AQI 450+). The modification made in the GRAP measures is that previously, it was implemented after the air quality falls below a certain. Now, the garb system will be implemented three day prior to reaching the level on the basis of estimation. AQI will be calculated on the basis of forecasts of IITM and IMD,” he added.
He said, ‘’Regarding the dust pollution in Delhi, it was mandatory to install an anti-smog gun on site with an area greater than 20,000 sq metre till now. But now there is a modification to this provision, and now the construction sites sized between 5000 sq metres to 10000 sq metres are required to have anti-smog guns. A construction site with an area between 5 thousand sq metres to 10 thousand sq metres needs to have one anti-smog gun.’’
‘’Construction sites sized between 10 thousand sq metres to 15000sq metres are required to have two anti-smog guns and sites having size between 15000 sq metres and 20,000 sq metres need to have three anti-smog guns. Construction sites with an area greater than 20 thousand sq metres are required to have four anti-smog guns.’’ He continued. Environment Minister concluded, ‘’I held a meeting with all the officials of DPCC yesterday. Last year, we worked together with all the agencies working on construction sites in Delhi to keep a noose on pollution. Today, I want to appeal to them to follow the new provisions related to the installation of anti-smog guns.’’

Continue Reading

Nation

At least 8 dead in bus-truck collision in Lakhimpur Kheri, PM’s condolences

Published

on

In a head-on collision involving a private bus and a mini truck on Wednesday in Lakhimpur Kheri, Uttar Pradesh, authorities said that eight people were killed and 14 others were hurt. Yogi Adityanath, chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, has ordered officials to ensure that the injured are treated properly after expressing sorrow over the disaster.
According to Deputy Superintendent of Police Pritam Pal Singh, the bus was travelling from Dhaurhara to Lucknow when it collided with a mini truck travelling in the opposite direction on the Aira bridge of National Highway number 730.
He said that after getting the information, the police arrived on the scene and cut the bus with a gas cutter in order to free the injured. According to the DSP, the injured have been sent to the local hospital, and efforts are being made to identify the deceased.
The Chief Minister sent his condolences to the grieving families and sent his wishes for peace to the deceased, according to a state government official in Lucknow.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed condolences to the bereaved families of the people who died in the Lakhimpur Kheri bus-truck collision earlier in the day.
“Distressed by the accident in Lakhimpur Kheri, UP. Condolences to the bereaved families. May the injured recover quickly. Rs 2 lakh from PMNRF (Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund) would be given to the next of kin of each deceased person. The injured would be given Rs 50,000,” a tweet from the Prime Minister’s Office read.
President Droupadi Murmu also expressed condolences to the kin of the people who lost their lives in the accident today. “Deeply saddened by the news of the death of many people in a road accident in Lakhimpur Kheri, Uttar Pradesh. I express my deepest condolences to the families of those who lost their loved ones in this accident and wish the injured a speedy recovery,” Rashtrapati Bhavan tweeted in Hindi.

Continue Reading

Nation

PM Modi inaugurates chowk in Ayodhya after Lata Mangeshkar

Published

on

PM Narendra Modi

Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid special tribute to the legendary Lata Mangeshkar on her 93rd birth anniversary on Wednesday by inaugurating an intersection in Ayodhya that has been named after the late playback singer.
A towering 40-foot-long and 12-foot-high sculpture of a veena engraved with a picture of Goddess Saraswati was installed at the chowk.
“The Veena of Maa Saraswati installed at Lata Mangeshkar Chowk in Ayodhya will become a symbol of musical harmony,” the PM said while virtually addressing the inauguration programme of the “Lata Mangeshkar Chowk” in Ayodhya.
“The 92 white lotuses of marble in the Chowk Complex depict Lata Ji’s lifespan,” said PM Modi.
He went on to say that Ram is on his way to the grand temple of Ayodhya, and that before that, the name of Lata didi, who has honoured the name of Ram in the hearts of crores of people, will be forever linked to the city of Ayodhya.
Further, he said, “I remember when Bhoomi Pujan for the construction of Ram temple in Ayodhya was done, I got a call from Lata didi. She was delighted… She couldn’t believe that the construction of the Ram Mandir was finally starting.”

Continue Reading

Nation

SC notice to Centre on PIL to debar persons charged in serious offences from contesting elections

Published

on

Supreme court

The Supreme Court on Wednesday issued notice to the Center and Election Commission of India (ECI) on a petition seeking direction to debar persons, against whom charges have been framed in serious offences, from contesting elections.
A bench of Justices KM Joseph and Hrishikesh Roy sought responses from the Ministry of Law and Justice, Ministry of Home Affairs, and Election Commission of India. The PIL filed by advocate Ashwini Upadhyay sought direction to the Center and the Election Commission of India (ECI) to take steps to debar people who are put on trial in cases of serious offences.
It claimed that despite recommendations of the Law Commission and the court’s earlier directions, the Center and the ECI have not taken steps in this regard.
In view of the fact that, out of 539 winners of the Lok Sabha election in 2019, as many as 233 (43 percent) declared criminal cases against themselves, it stated.
The plea added that there was an increase of 109 percent in the number of MPs with declared serious criminal cases since 2009, with one MP declaring 204 criminal cases against himself, including cases related to culpable homicide, house trespass, robbery, criminal intimidation, etc.

Continue Reading

Nation

Supreme Court to hear limits of right to freedom of speech and expression for high public functionaries

Published

on

Supreme court

The Supreme Court on Monday posted the hearing of pleas relating to the limits of the right to freedom of speech and expression for high public functionaries such as a minister of state for November 15.
A five-judge Constitution bench headed by Justice S Abdul Nazeer observed that restrictions on the Right to Freedom of Speech and Expression under Article 19(1)(a) of the Constitution of India, 1950, are to be determined on a case-by-case basis. The bench also comprised Justices BR Gavai, AS Bopanna, V Ramasubramanian, and BV Nagarathna.
The case involves whether a minister can claim the right to “freedom of speech and expression” to speak contrary to the Central Government’s statute and policy.
The case was filed after the then Uttar Pradesh Minister and senior Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan made an alleged statement terming the Bulandshahr gang-rape case as a “political conspiracy and nothing else” to defame the former Samajwadi Party government.
In April 2017, when the matter was referred to a five-judge Constitution bench, amicus curiae told the apex court that the ministers are bound by the constitutional mandate of collective responsibility and can’t speak contrary to government policy.
In December 2016, the apex court accepted Khan’s unconditional apology in connection with the Bulandshahr gang-rape case.
The survivors had filed a petition before the apex court seeking action against Khan.
The top court had asked if a functionary could make personal comments contrary to government policy on sensitive issues, causing distress.
The incident took place earlier on the intervening night of 29-30 July, when a 35-year-old woman and her minor daughter were allegedly gang-raped by a group of robbers in Bulandshahr district when they were on their way from Noida to Shahjahanpur with the other family members when their vehicle was stopped near a cycle repair shop in Dostpur village on NH-9, which connects Noida and Bulandshahr.

Continue Reading

Nation

Apex court imposes Rs 5 lakh fine on Tamil Nadu government for filing ‘unnecessary appeal’

Published

on

Supreme court

The Supreme Court has imposed a fine of Rs 5 lakh on the Tamil Nadu government for filing an “unnecessary” appeal despite the issue being already decided by the top court.
A bench of Justices MR Shah and Krishna Murari asked the state to deposit Rs five lakh within a period of four weeks from September 19 (when the order was passed) with the Registry of the Supreme Court. “At the outset, it is required to be noted that as such, the State ought not to have filed the present special leave petition.”Despite the fact that the issue concerning the respondent’s entitlement to pension was resolved up to this Court, the State had the audacity to contend that the respondent was not entitled to pension,” the bench wrote in its order.
The bench said the deposited amount should be transferred to the Mediation and Conciliation Project Committee, Supreme Court of India.
“Once the issue was decided up to this court that the respondent is entitled to the pension, it was not open for the State to contend again post-2009 when the arrears were to be paid that the respondent is not entitled to a pension,” it went on to say. The aforesaid stand is just in defiance of the order passed by this Court. In that view of the matter, there is no substance in the present special leave petition, which deserves to be dismissed and is accordingly dismissed with an exemplary cost, which is quantified at Rs five lakh.
The issue related to the pensionary entitlement of an employee working as a conductor in the Tamil Nadu Transport Department. The apex court had earlier confirmed his pensionary entitlement. However, at the time of disbursing the arrears, the state took up a plea that the employee was not entitled to the pension.
The Madras High Court had, in February 2022, rejected the state’s stand. Challenging the High Court order, the state government had approached the top court.

Continue Reading

Trending