Suspects arrested after NCB seizes drugs in Maharashtra - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

News

Suspects arrested after NCB seizes drugs in Maharashtra

Published

on

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], February 10 (ANI): In an ongoing search, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) has arrested a few people and seized drugs in Mumbai and Thane districts of Maharashtra, the NCB official informed on Wednesday.
The search operations started after the arrest of a drug trafficker Ibrahim Mujawar in Mumbai’s Andheri area on Saturday. 100 grams of Mephedrone was also seized from his possession.
The NCB officials said that the probe into the case is underway. (ANI)

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

News

IAF’s Suryakirans, Sarang, Tejas arrive in Colombo to take part in SLAF 70th anniversary celebrations

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], February 27 (ANI): The Indian Air Force (IAF) aerobatic display teams, the fixed wing ‘Suryakirans’ and rotary wing ‘Sarang’, along with Light Combat Aircraft Tejas, arrived at Colombo on Saturday to participate in an Air Show.
The three-day Air Show is scheduled to commence on March 3 as part of the 70th-anniversary celebrations of the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF).
Commander of the SLAF Air Marshal Sudarshana Pathirana had sent the invitation to India for participation.
“IAF and SLAF have seen active exchanges and interactions for a number of years in diverse fields like training, operational exchanges, and through professional military education courses,” said an official statement by IAF.
IAF’s participation in the 70th-anniversary celebration of SLAF is a further manifestation of the strong professional bonds that the two Air Forces share. The IAF Suryakiran Aerobatic Team (SKAT) had earlier toured Sri Lanka in 2001 for the 50th-anniversary celebrations of SLAF.
As the IAF aircraft take to the skies of Colombo to mark the event, they will script another significant chapter in the traditionally strong IAF-SLAF ties,” added the statement. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

10,000 hospitals under Ayushman Bharat, 687 under CGHS to be used as COVID vaccination centres

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], February 27 (ANI): Around 10,000 private hospitals empanelled under Ayushman Bharat PMJAY, more than 600 hospitals empanelled under CGHS and other private hospitals empanelled under State Government Health Insurance Schemes can participate as COVID Vaccination Centres (CVCs), Rajesh Bhushan, Union Health Secretary informed on Saturday.
Union Health Secretary, who interacted with Health Secretaries of states and UTs on the vaccination of age-appropriate groups on Saturday, informed that to ramp up the COVID vaccination capacity, in which a significantly large number of private facilities is being involved.
The government informed that from March 1, the nationwide vaccination program is now to be exponentially expanded to all citizens above 60 years of age, and those within the age bracket of 45 to 59 years with specified co-morbidities.
“Health Departments of State governments have already initiated dialogue with these private hospitals so that they can be encouraged to participate in this drive as CVCs. A list of all these private hospitals has been uploaded on the website of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the National Health Authority,” the government said in a release.
In addition, there would be government health facilities that will be used as CVCs such as medical college hospitals, district hospitals, sub-divisional hospitals, CHCs, PHCs, Health Sub Centres and Health and Wellness Centres. Geo reference maps with GPS coordinates of all these health facilities have been prepared that will serve as CVCs and these Geo referenced maps are being shared with the states, the release said.
The COVID vaccination centres will offer free vaccination for all with the Central government bearing the full cost of the vaccination.
All the private health facilities which will serve as government COVID vaccination centres will follow strict norms of due process, quality and safety including integration with the Co-Win technology platform.
The Central government also said that states were explained the three methods of registration i.e. advance self registration, onsite registration and facilitated cohort registration.
States have been explained that the private hospitals functioning as CVCs can charge subject to a ceiling of Rs 250 per person per dose along with the electronic and financial management mechanism in this regard. User names and passwords to be provided to the private facilities to facilitate effective use of Co-WIN 2.0, were also discussed during the meeting.
In addition, mapping of private facilities with the nearest cold chain points to ensure seamless flow of vaccines to them was explained to the states.
The simplified system of certifying people with 20 co-morbidities within the 45-59 years age group was also explained to the states. The simplified one-page certificate to be signed by any registered medical practitioner. The certificate can either be uploaded on Co-WIN2.0 by the beneficiary while self-registering or a hard copy can be carried by the beneficiary to the CVC.
So far, more than 1.5 core vaccinations have been done, the GoI further said. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Maharashtra reports 8,623 new COVID-19 cases, 51 deaths

Published

on

By

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], February 27 (ANI): Maharashtra reported 8,623 new COVID-19 cases, 3,648 recoveries, and 51 deaths in the last 24 hours, the State Health Department informed on Saturday.
The state has so far reported 21,46,777 total COVID-19 cases, out of which, 72,530 active cases, the Maharashtra Health Department said. A total of 52,092 people have died due to COVID-19 in the state so far.
With 3,648 more recoveries in the state, as many as 20,20,951 cases have recovered from the virus.
As many as 16,488 new COVID-19 cases and 113 deaths were reported in India during the last 24 hours, informed the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) on Saturday.
With this, the total coronavirus caseload in the country has gone up to 1,10,79,979, including 1,59,590 active cases and 1,07,63,451 discharges.
The COVID-19 death toll reached 1,56,938 on Saturday with additional 113 deaths. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Actor Hrithik Roshan records statement in fake email case

Published

on

By

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], February 27 (ANI): Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan on Saturday appeared before the Mumbai Police Crime Branch unit to record his statement in a case registered against actor Kangana Ranaut in 2016 involving an exchange of emails between the two.
The Mumbai police summoned the actor on Friday, February 26, to record a statement related to the case.
In 2016, Roshan had filed a complaint alleging that someone impersonating him and was emailing Ranaut from a bogus email id. Kangana had then claimed that the email id was provided to her by Roshan and they had been communicating through the same email id till 2014. The emails were allegedly exchanged between 2013 and 2014.
In 2016, Roshan had sent a legal notice to Ranaut after she had referred to him as a silly ex. Roshan had denied having any kind of relationship with Ranaut. The two actors had worked together in the films ‘Kites’ (2010) and ‘Krrish 3’ (2013).
Roshan had then claimed that Ranaut had been sending him hundreds of absurd emails. In 2016, the Cyber Cell had also taken Roshan’s laptop and phone for investigation.
The ‘Krrish’ actor had accused Ranaut of harassing him by sending him hundreds of emails.
Following an initial probe, police recorded Ranaut’s statement after concluding that the emails were allegedly sent from her id. However, Ranaut has denied sending emails to Roshan.
In December 2020, the case, which was earlier with the Cyber Cell of the Mumbai police, was transferred to Criminal Intelligence Unit (CIU) on a request made by Roshan’s lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

NITI Aayog Vice Chairman meets Uttarakhand CM

Published

on

By

Dehradun (Uttarakhand) [India], February 27 (ANI): Chief Minister Trivendra Rawat on Saturday urged NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar to discuss several issues related to Uttarakhand.
The Chief Minister said necessary formalities required for forest clearance should be simplified.
He also gave information about the disaster in the Joshimath area, rescue and relief operations.
Kumar also suggested building a monitoring cell for Sustainable Development Goals in the state.
He said that a study will be conducted to use international-level technology for early warning systems in the state. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Congress leader Raj Babbar asserts G-23 is Gandhi 23

Published

on

By

Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], February 27 (ANI): Congress leader Raj Babbar on Saturday said that G-23 (or the group of 23 dissenting leaders) is Gandhi 23 and wants the party to be strong.
“People say ‘G23’, I say Gandhi 23. With the belief, resolve and thinking of Mahatma Gandhi, this nation’s law and Constitution was formed. The Congress will take these forward,” Babbar said at ‘Shanti Sammelan’ in Jammu.
Former Uttar Pradesh Congress chief Raj Babbar also said G-23 wants Congress to be “strong.”
Meanwhile, Congress leader Anand Sharma said that nobody has the right to declare whether G-23 leaders are part of Congress or not.
“All of us have covered a long distance to reach where we’re today. I have not given anyone the right to declare whether we are people of Congress or not. Nobody has that right. We will build the party and strengthen it,” he said.
Raj Babbar along with Kapil Sibal, Anand Sharma, Bhupinder Singh Hooda and Vivek Tankha are among other Congress leaders who were present at the event organised by former Rajya Sabha MP Ghulam Nabi Azad.
Azad is the senior-most member among the 23 leaders, who had expressed dissent at the functioning of the Congress party and had written a letter to Sonia Gandhi in August last year.
The Shanti Sammelan event has been organised days after Congress leader Rahul Gandhi’s “North-South” remark, which has led to a controversy over the past few days. The event is being held at a time when Rahul Gandhi is campaigning in Tamil Nadu.
Senior Congress leaders Kapil Sibal and Anand Sharma stated that the G-23 or the group of 23 dissenting leaders are seeing the Congress party “getting weaker” and are raising their voice for the betterment of the party.
“The truth is that we see Congress party getting weak. That is why we have gathered here. We had gathered together earlier too and we have to strengthen the party together,” Sibal said.
Anand Sharma who addressed the Shanti Sammelan said that “Congress has weakened in the last decade.”
“Our voice is for the betterment of the party. It should be strengthened everywhere once again. The new generation should connect (to party). We have seen good days of Congress. We do not want to see it weakening as we become older,” he said.
Last year in August, G-23 leaders through a letter to interim Congress president Sonia Gandhi expressed their discontent and urged the top leadership of Congress to bring immediate reforms, including organisational elections from the grass-roots to the Congress Working Committee (CWC) level. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Trending