New Delhi [India], February 12 (ANI): Valentine’s Day is just two days away and people are gearing up to celebrate the occasion with their loved ones, finding unique ways to make their significant other feel special. While men are usually planning romantic candlelight dinners, ladies are stressing about choosing the perfect outfit for their special date.
While shades of pink and red are usually the top picks during Valentine’s Day outings, the winter whites, shimmery ensembles, and radiant footwear are also grabbing people’s attention.
Are you also fretting over what to wear this Valentine’s Day? Well, your search ends here, ditch the same old ideas or the last-minute shopping plans with your best friend because we have compiled a list of fashion ideas inspired by Bollywood divas that you can rock this Valentine’s Day:
1. Malaika Arora– The ‘Chhaiya Chhaiya’ star is surely a head-turner in this velvet fabric wine-coloured dress. The waist knot will perfectly help in adjusting the size of the outfit and accentuating your curves. You can also raise the glamour quotient on the special day by teaming up your outfit with matching footwear just like Malaika did in this picture. A sleek ponytail or wavy hairstyle with minimal makeup and bold lips will surely leave your man mesmerised.
2. Sara Ali Khan– The chirpy queen of Bollywood is a vision to behold in this picture. Her shimmery slip dress is a must-have in your wardrobe if you are planning to step out for a fancy dinner date this Valentine’s. Just like Sara, you can also keep your hair loose with a wavy touch and minimal makeup. However, if you want to give the outfit a touch of glam, accessorise your ensemble with a thin pendant or a pair of hoop earrings. Also, don’t forget to tint your lips with red. For footwear, you can opt for a matching pair or a black pair of high heels.
3. Janhvi Kapoor– The ‘Dhadak’ star is undoubtedly a stunner in this red ensemble and you cannot go wrong with this outfit if you want to wear red this Valentine’s. The formal dress with a touch of sultriness is a perfect combo if you team it up with high heel gladiators boots or cone heels of matching colour. Like Janhvi, you can also keep your hair straight or can try loose curls. Kohl-rimmed eyes and nude lips will complete your look perfectly.
4. Kareena Kapoor– How can one forget the sensuous Poo’s outfit from ‘K3G’? If you are planning to visit a club with your special one, this outfit could be your perfect pick. The coordinate set consisting of a short sequinned asymmetrical slip crop top and slit flared pants is a match that can never go out of style. Like Kareena, you can also opt for winged eyeliner and nude lips. Team the outfit with high heels or scarpin heels of matching colour.
5. Sonam Kapoor– When talking about dressing to the nines, it’s hard to not mention Sonam Kapoor, the fashionista, who is always setting major fashion goals for her fans. In this picture, she can be seen sporting a black empire waist princess dress. She teamed it up with black high heels accessorised with a silver choker style neckpiece. Her retro-styled curls with smokey makeup looks perfect for a date night.
Sonam Kapoor in a white ensemble looks equally stunning. Pearl white colour is not new in the colour game for date outfits. The charmer looks elegant in this patterned princess dress. If you are planning to wear something simple yet classy for this Valentine’s then this type of dress and colour is good to go. Like Sonam, you can also opt for pink-toned makeup and loose hair with minimal accessories.
6. Anushka Sharma– The beauty in black! For all the ladies who want to wear a long dress for their special date, Anushka is setting a perfect example for you all in this stunning long black one-shoulder sheath dress. One can’t help but notice her pointed golden metallic shade plum heels and matching accessory. With minimal makeup and a sleek loose hairstyle, this look is a perfect combination of slinky and classy outfit for Valentines.
Now that we have got you all covered, ditch the same old, raid your wardrobe, or rush to the nearest fashion store and dress up looking like a total diva this Valentine’s Day. (ANI)
The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.
SUNNY, AMEESHA EXPRESS GRATITUDE TO FANS AS ‘GADAR’ CLOCKS 20 YEARS
Sunny Deol’s ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’ clocked 20 years on Tuesday and the star thanked the audience for making his film ‘an event’.
The 2001 film, that also starred Ameesha Patel in the lead, became an instant hit. The Anil Sharma directorial did not just impress viewers but also registered huge numbers at the box office. The actor-politician took to Twitter to express gratitude to all his fans who made the film a ‘historic’ affair. Sunny tweeted a video song from Gadar, ‘Musafir Jaane Wale’, featuring him and Ameesha.
Sharing the video, he thanked viewers for showering the action love story with so much love. Sunny wrote, “We made a film, you made it an event! #20yearsofGadar, I express my gratitude to everyone who made our film historic.”
Taking to Instagram, Ameesha uploaded a series of posts recalling her acting stint on the project. In one of the posts, she shared a few unseen moments from the set and captioned: “Gadar…behind the scenes of the most iconic film that Bollywood has seen till date…thank you all for the love..20 years of Gadar.”
Released on 15 June, 2001, ‘Gadar’ was a romantic drama set against the background of India’s partition. The film also featured late Amrish Puri and Lillete Dubey.
On the occasion, Lillete too took to social media to remember her work in ‘Gadar’.
“15 June 2001…. 20 years since ‘Gadar’ opened on this day. And what a storm it created.Remembering the making of the film and especially my wonderful co-star who also came from theatre — the man with the deepest baritone Amrish Puri,” she wrote.
DECIDED TO PRODUCE ‘LAGAAN’ AS NO ONE WAS READY TO DO IT, REVEALS AAMIR
Superstar Aamir Khan is celebrating 20 years since the release of his iconic film ‘Lagaan’. The movie, helmed by Ashutosh Gowariker, was nominated for the Oscars and appreciated by critics and audiences alike. Reminiscing about the journey of making the film, Aamir recalled that no one was ready to back it. Ashutosh narrated him the film’s script a few times and he enjoyed it but was not ready to produce it initially as he did not want to dive into film production. Every time Aamir would meet Ashutosh he would bring up the film but was told that no one was ready to produce it. He finally took the plunge to produce it and act in it after listening to the script again in the company of his parents and ex-wife Reena who enjoyed the story.
A DOCUMENTARY ON SALIM, JAVED IN WORKS
NEW DELHI: A documentary titled ‘Angry Young Men’ based on the lives of legendary screenwriters Salim Khan and Javed Akhtar is in the works with superstar Salman Khan’s production banner SKF (Salman Khan Films) teaming up with Farhan Akhtar’s Excel Entertainment and Zoya Akhtar’s Tiger Baby Films. Indian film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh shared the news on his Twitter handle. “Salman Khan – Excel – Tiger Baby join hands… Salim-Javed Documentary… #SalmanKhan, Excel Entertainment (#FarhanAkhtar, #RiteshSidhwani) and Tiger Baby Films (#ZoyaAkhtar, #ReemaKagti) to make documentary on #SalimKhan and #JavedAkhtar… Titled #AngryYoungMen,” he tweeted. The collaborative project that will capture the magic of the era that Salim-Javed created together will be helmed by Namrata Rao. Famously called as Salim-Javed, the duo has scripted many commercially and critically accepted films ‘Patthar’, ‘Dostana’, ‘Seeta Aur Geeta’, ‘Sholay, Mr India’, ‘Don’, and many more.
AKSHAY’S ‘BELL BOTTOM’ GETS A RELEASE DATE
MUMBAI : As lockdown restrictions are gradually easing in several parts of India amid the decline in Covid-19 cases, the ‘Bell Bottom’ team has decided to release the film in cinemas. Taking to Instagram, Akshay Kumar on Tuesday shared that ‘Bell Bottom’ is scheduled to release on 27 July theatrically. “I know you have patiently waited for the release of ‘Bell Bottom’. Could not be happier to finally announce the release of our film. Arriving on the big screens worldwide. ‘Bellbottom’ on 27 July,” he wrote. The movie was earlier slated to release on 2 April 2021. However, it got delayed due to the second wave of Coronavirus.
Directed by Ranjit M. Tewari, ‘Bell Bottom’ has been touted as a spy thriller. Vashu Bhagnani, Jackky Bhagnani, Deepshikha Deshmukh, Monisha Advani, Madhu Bhojwani, and Nikkhil Advani have produced the project, that also features actors Vaani Kapoor, Huma Qureshi, and Lara Dutta Bhupathi.
‘Bell Bottom’ has always managed to lead the change from the beginning. Even last year, it hit the headlines for being the first Hindi film to be shot and completed during the pandemic with exemplary on-set Covid management. Akshay has several projects in his kitty including ‘Atrangi Re’, ‘Raksha Bandhan’, ‘Bachchan Pandey’, ‘Sooryavanshi’, ‘Prithviraj’, and ‘Mission Lion’.
ADITI GETS NOSTALGIC ABOUT HER TELUGU DEBUT FILM
NEW DELHI: Three years ago on Tuesday Aditi Rao Hydari made her big Telugu debut with ‘Sammohanam’ and left everyone amazed with her performance. An Indian Telugu-language romantic drama, ‘Sammohanam’ once again established Aditi has one of the most bankable and versatile Pan Indian actresses in the country. Hailed as a strong debut in Telugu cinema, Aditi was heartwarming in the film. Aditi exclaimed, “Firsts are always special. I heard this story over a phone call with (director) Mohan Krishna Indraganti. I loved the story and said yes immediately. There were lots of well-meaning people who told me to do a more typical big-ticket film as my first Telugu film. I loved ‘Sammohanam’ and I went with my gut and I’m so happy that I did.”
I WAS REJECTED FROM 250 AUDITIONS BEFORE ‘MARDAANI’: TAHIR
MUMBAI: Tahir Raj Bhasin recently revealed that he was rejected 250 times before he was signed on by Aditya Chopra for ‘Mardaani’.
Tahir said, “Anything that’s worthwhile takes time and this is something I understood when I first came to Mumbai. I was rejected from some 250 auditions over 3 years before Mardaani but I used this as positive fuel and feedback. It meant I needed to grow and growth came from workshops and hours of practice.” He added, “The improvements that came as a result of obstacles prepared me to be propelled when the time was right. Strength lay in getting hit and in the will to keep moving forward. Today’s world is all about that simple message. We have all been affected directly or indirectly by an unforeseen time and courage is to make ourselves better, fitter and stronger for the test of time to come.”
Despite the overwhelming number of rejections, Tahir never lost hope and believed he was destined to shine in Bollywood. He said, “To be honest, I never saw my initial time in Mumbai as a struggling phase. It was an aspiring phase. I was visualising a dream and aspiring to make it real and it’s the hardship and journey that make the successes worth celebrating.”
Tahir’s upcoming projects include ‘Looop Lapeta’, ‘Bulbul Tarang’, ‘Yeh Kaali Kaali Ankhein’, and ‘83’.
Opinion8 months ago
South Block’s mistakes will now be corrected by Army
Sports11 months ago
When a bodybuilder breaks Shoaib’s record
News1 year ago
PM Modi must take governance back from babus
Spiritually Speaking10 months ago
Spiritual beings having a human experience
News12 months ago
Chinese general ordered attack on Indian troops: US intel report
Sports11 months ago
West Indies avoid follow-on, England increase lead to 219
Legally Speaking1 year ago
Law relating to grant, rejection and cancellation of bail
Royally Speaking9 months ago
The young royal dedicated to the heritage of Jaipur