Steven Spielberg makes surprise entry on 'The Drew Barrymore Show' - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Steven Spielberg makes surprise entry on ‘The Drew Barrymore Show’

Published

on

Washington [US], February 23 (ANI): American actor Drew Barrymore had a very special surprise guest on Monday’s episode of ‘The Drew Barrymore Show’ in the form of Steven Spielberg.
According to Fox News, the famed director surprised the ‘Charlie’s Angels’ star with a virtual visit during the episode, dedicated to the star as she turned 46.
Before Spielberg appeared, Barrymore revealed that she was completely unsure of what was coming next on the show before guest Savannah Guthrie introduced a clip of a very young Barrymore gushing over her ‘E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial’ director in an interview.
After the clip aired, the actor and author became visibly emotional, calling Spielberg “the first person I knew” who “cared.”
The actor even more tearful when the director appeared and promised Drew, “I still care about you, I’ve always cared about you.”
During their discussion, Barrymore’s 1995 Playboy spread came up, and it was revealed that after she posed for the magazine, Spielberg, sent the actress a quilt that read “cover up.”
“Then I sent her the Playboy layout and I had an artist come over and do paper doll cutout clothes which I glued on to all of the partially exposed photographs,” he recalled, adding that he “sent the whole thing back to Drew, now she’s dressed.”
About a week later, Barrymore sent the director “an apology” in the form of a series of pictures of herself dressed as a nun, which he showed off for the audience.
“You always just inspired me to be my best,” Barrymore remembered before adding of her daughters, “And then you held both of my girls — my Olive and my Frankie. Olive, right when she was born, she was so little and she fell asleep on your chest.”
She continued: “And then you held Frankie and I’d come over to your house and I’m just so glad to be a part of your life and I love you and you have an incredible family.”
Speilberg, who is a dad of six, then shared: “You were my training wheels for fatherhood, Drew.”
Barrymore said as she got emotional,”There’s no way I’d be sitting here without you. Ever.I love you so much and thank you so much.” (ANI)

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Aaron Rodgers says engagement with Shailene Woodley was ‘Best Thing’ happened to him in 2020

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 5 (ANI): The American football quarterback Aaron Rodgers called his engagement to American actor Shailene Woodley the best thing that happened to him in the last year.
Leaving fans shocked, a few days after ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ actor confirmed her engagement with football quarterback Aaron Rodgers, the NFL star gave his first appearance on an Instagram Live session Zenith Watches CEO Julien Tornare this week.
According to People Magazine, Rodgers has been named the company’s North American ambassador in the month of February, this year. Following this, a fun session on Instagram was organized by the company for his fans.
When asked about his past year, Green Bay Packers quarterback, without mentioning Woodley’s name, told that his relationship with her is what turned out to be the best thing in his last year.
“I’m recently engaged, so been enjoying that part of my life. Obviously, that’s the best thing that’s happened to me in the last year,” the athlete said.
People Magazine reported that this conversation marked his first comments about romance with Woodley on a public platform.
Although, back in 2020, during the NFL Honors, Rodgers shocked his fans when he accepted the NFL MVP award and disclosed that he was engaged.
“It’s an honour to win this award for the third time. 2020 was definitely a crazy year filled with lots of change and growth, some amazing memorable moments. 180 straight days of having my nose hair scraped, playing for very little fans or no stands the entire season,” he said at the time, before revealing the big news: “I got engaged,” he said.
Speaking about his future, the star also said that his “next great challenge will be being a father”, adding that he is in the age group where a lot of his close friends from high school and college are fathers at present and have families of their own.
A source close to the stars told People Magazine that, Rodgers and Woodley’s relationship is a “total whirlwind romance.”
“He’s acting very happy. They’re very content and peaceful. It’s nice to see,” said the source.
The source added, “No one has gotten a ‘save the date’ card yet.’ I’m sure they’ll make plans, but they’re really being quiet about it for right now. That’s why this is such a surprise to everyone.”
Another thing that the football star said he is amped up for the near future is his stretch as a guest host on ‘Jeopardy!’.
“I rocked it on Jeopardy! for my two weeks on there. I loved it, I had a blast. It was one thing I was really looking forward to after the season,” said Rodgers, who shared that, he always wanted to come back … and play” after appearing as a ‘Celebrity Jeopardy!’ contestant in 2015. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Ana de Armas cried when she saw herself in Marilyn Monroe wigs

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 5 (ANI): Hollywood star Ana de Armas recently revealed that she cried the first time she saw herself dressed in Marilyn Monroe wigs for her upcoming film ‘Blonde’.
According to People magazine, the actress’ transformation into Marilyn Monroe took three and a half hours a day in the hair and makeup chair for the new biopic ‘Blonde’. Judging by photos of her filming in a platinum blonde wig and sultry red lipstick that made headlines in September 2019, Ana de Armas’ transformation into Marilyn Monroe for her upcoming Netflix film is uncanny.
While speaking about her new role as an Estee Lauder global brand ambassador, de Armas, revealed that the transformation wasn’t all that glamorous behind the scenes.
She said, “I had to go bald every day, because with the blonde wigs… Marilyn went through different shades of blonde from golden to really platinum, so for these wigs that are beautifully made, you can’t have anything dark underneath, so we had to make a bald cap every single day from my forehead to around my whole head.”
De Armas added, “It was like, three and a half hours every day of makeup. I think I actually cried the first time I saw the wigs on. Probably because I was terrified.”
The 32-year-old actor said that it was a “gift” to play Monroe in the biographical drama, which also stars Adrien Brody and is set to release later this year.
As per People magazine, back in January, de Armas had shared that it took her months of work to perfect the legendary screen siren’s signature breathy voice. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Nickelodeon making new ‘SpongeBob SquarePants’ spin-off centered on Patrick Star

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 5 (ANI): American television channel Nickelodeon on Thursday (local time) confirmed that they have a ‘SpongeBob SquarePants’ spin-off titled ‘The Patrick Star Show’ under development.
According to People magazine, the new series, which will premiere on the network this summer will be a prequel that follows a younger Patrick Star who still lives with his family and hosts a TV show from his childhood bedroom.
Bill Fagerbakke, who has voiced the pink starfish since 1999, will return to play the beloved character.
A new world of Bikini Bottom characters will be introduced to fans, including Squidina, Patrick’s eight-year-old little sister, his parents, Bunny and Cecil, and his grandpa, GrandPat.
Brian Robbins, president of Nickelodeon, said this isn’t the only character spin-off series fans can expect in the future, calling the SpongeBob SquarePants franchise “a mini-Marvel Universe.”
In a statement, he said, “There is seemingly an endless amount of stories with this franchise. You’ll see movies with spinoff characters. I think you’ll see more shows like Patrick, and some other characters, and some different live stuff. It’s kind of endless when you think about the cast.”
As per People magazine, ‘The Patrick Star Show’ will have a total of 13 episodes, which have been ordered to premiere this year. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Action-thriller ‘Gasoline Alley’ ropes in Bruce Willis, Luke Wilson, Devon Sawa

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 5 (ANI): American superstars Bruce Willis, Luke Wilson and Devon Sawa have teamed up for the rip-roaring action thriller ‘Gasoline Alley’, a project by European Film Market (EFM).
According to Variety, ‘Gasoline Alley’ will be presented by European Film Market (EFM), a Highland Film Group, which is handling international rights for the project.
The drama will star Devon Sawa as Jimmy Jayne, a ‘wound-fisted’ bossy man who gets embroiled in the triple murder of three Hollywood divas drowned in a lavish hotel pool. As the superb suspect for homicide detectives, ‘Freeman’, portrayed by Willis and ‘Vargas’, portrayed by Wilson, come into scene; Jimmy takes up his own maverick investigation, twisting the law in ways the police cannot order to demonstrate his innocence.
However, with the executioner coasting through Jimmy’s shadow, he groups along with the two investigators to perilously uncover a reality a, that turns out to be bigger than they had envisioned.
Filmmaker Edward Drake, who will reunite with the ‘Moonlighting’ star, is rolled in to direct the drama based on a script by Tom Sierchio, who wrote for 2017 romantic ‘The Girl Who Invented Kissing’.
Variety reported that Drake described the film as pitting Los Angeles’ anti-heroes against the “forces trusted to protect us.”
“The phenomenal cast and crew have worked tirelessly to bring Tom Sierchio’s vision to life,” said Drake. “Cinematographer Brandon Cox (‘Cut Throat City’), production designer Eric Whitney (‘Bruno’), line producer Jon Keyes (‘Survivalist’), and all of the heads of department have my heartfelt thanks for sharing their passionate energy every single day of production,” he added.
Drake also told that he and Corey Large are committed to working with talented artists to bring singular stories to life, telling that he feels grateful for Devon Sawa, Bruce Willis, and Luke Wilson to ageree for the project.
The production is slated to begin in early March across the US. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Megan Thee Stallion extends support to Houston residents affected by Texas freeze amid pandemic

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 5 (ANI): American rapper and songwriter Megan Thee Stallion has taken a step in order to help restore home in Houston after Winter Storm Uri caused widespread devastation.
According to People magazine, the Grammy nominee joined forces with the National Association of Christian Churches Disaster Services to help restore her native Houston after Winter Storm Uri caused widespread devastation amid heavy snowfall and subzero temperatures across Texas last month.
In a statement, Megan said, “Seeing the devastation and hearing the heartbreaking stories that have surfaced, I knew I had to do something to help my hometown.”
She added, “I am so happy that Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee, the NACC, and I aligned on the goal of repairing the homes of the elderly and uninsured single moms who are the most vulnerable and often displaced by these kinds of devastating events.”
In February, winter storm Uri, which is officially called the North American Winter Storm had caused widespread heavy snowfall and subzero temperatures across Texas.
As per People magazine, the severe storm has left millions of Texas residents without water, heat, or electricity after severely damaging essential infrastructure. Spanning more than 2,000 miles between South Texas and northern Maine, the blizzard brought record low temperatures, ice, and snow to more than 25 states. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Elijah Wood, Cate Blanchett set to reunite as ‘Lord of the Rings’ turns 20

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 5 (ANI): Hollywood stars Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Viggo Mortensen, Cate Blanchett, Liv Tyler, and others from Peter Jackson’s Oscar-winning movie trilogy will reunite to celebrate the 20th anniversary of ‘Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring’.
According to People magazine, the cast will reunite in three different Q&As for Alamo Drafthouse’s “Support Local Cinemas” series. TV host Stephen Colbert, who is a superfan of the ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy, will join the cast and crew to moderate all three, separate Q&A sessions.
Wood, Astin, Billy Boyd, and Dominic Monaghan, who played the four hobbits in the franchise will answer questions touching on ‘The Fellowship of the Rings’. The following week, Blanchett, Mortensen, Tyler, and Orlando Bloom will reunite for a Q&A on ‘The Two Towers’, followed up by Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, and Jackson ending the series by answering fan questions on ‘The Return of the King’.
As per People magazine, the reunion Q&A content will initially be exclusive to theatrical screenings of the new 4K remastering of the trilogy. As part of the campaign, Alamo Drafthouse is making the Q&A presentations available for free in movie theaters around the world. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Trending