SIT to probe inter-state angle into MMS scandal

SIT to probe inter-state angle into MMS scandal

Senior officials of the Punjab Police are of view that the viral video case that happened in Chandigarh University only reveals the dark belly of porn markets. The police are now looking into several aspects including its possible link with other markets across the country including Gujarat, Delhi, Mumbai and Mohali where the objectionable videos are sold at heavy prices. 
With the identification of another man, Mohit, who was also involved in the entire chain of events, police sources said that there are high possibility that more people may be involved. Mohit was working in Chandigarh University Mess and he was also blackmailing the accused girl. The Daily Guardian spoke to the ADGP Gurpreet Kaur Deo, who said that there are some more videos. 
Police sources said there is a possibility of the sale of pornographic videos and the case may have linked to infamous markets of Gujarat and the country’s financial capital Mumbai. The police have told the court that several calls have been received from Mumbai and Gujarat on the mobiles of the three accused in the case, raising doubts that the accused have further sold pornographic videos.
According to preliminary information, this young man named Mohit used to blackmail the girl who made obscene videos of other girl students.
The court in Kharar has sent 3 accused, a girl student of Chandigarh University and her two friends Rankaj Verma and Sunny Mehra to police remand for seven days. The government has already formed an SIT under the leadership of ADGP Gurpreet Kaur Deo. The investigating team has told The Daily Guardian that there are a few more obscene videos that the accused girl has recorded. 
The police have also started looking into the threat call angle that rocked the university campus on Monday. One of the victim girl students had earlier received a threatening message on her mobile from various international numbers. Cops have also questioned the hostel warden, who reported the matter to the Dean Students Welfare office manager, for around two hours.