Rapper Kodak Black offers to pay college tuition for kids of FBI agents - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Rapper Kodak Black offers to pay college tuition for kids of FBI agents

Published

on

Washington [US], February 10 (ANI): In an act of kindness, rapper Kodak Black has offered to pay the college tuition for the children of the two FBI agents who were shot dead last week.
The news was confirmed by the rapper’s attorney Bradford Cohen to Fox News on Monday.
The outlet reported that the two agents, Daniel Alfin and Laura Schwartzenberger, were killed during a raid in Sunrise, Florida along with the suspect. The suspect reportedly used a doorbell camera to watch and allegedly shoot the agents through a closed door as they approached the home.
Following the incident, the rapper, whose real name is Bill Kahan Kapri, has sent a letter to the FBI Miami Division offering to pay college tuition for the late agents’ children.
According to TMZ, the letter, sent by Cohen, stated that Kodak is aware of the difficulties of losing loved ones and grew up in a single-parent home.
As reported by Fox News, the rapper allegedly said he wanted to ensure that the families of the agents don’t have to worry about paying for college in the future.
Cohen reportedly has a contact within the FBI Miami Division who confirmed that the agents both had minor children. According to TMZ, Alfin has a 3-year-old while Schwartzenberger has two children: A 4-year-old and a 9-year-old.
“Kodak has always put kids first in his charitable donations. He has a passion for making sure kids in crisis are supported financially and emotionally,” Cohen told Fox News.
“That being said, whatever he can do to help, he always offers his assistance. He gives his heartfelt condolences to the families and hopes his offer eases their pain,” Cohen added.
However, this isn’t the rapper’s first time giving back, as he also donated USD 20,000 worth of toys to children in his hometown of Broward County, Florida over the holidays, according to TMZ. (ANI)

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

Lifestyle & Entertainment

I want to collaborate with as many new filmmakers as possible: Ayushmann Khurrana

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], March 9 (ANI): Bollywood actor Ayushmann Khurrana, whose career-graph has shown that he gravitates towards newer story-tellers, recently revealed his reason for doing so.
The ‘Bala’ actor, also sometimes called the ‘the poster boy of content cinema’, has mostly provided a sense of freshness to viewers with the choice of his scripts.
Speaking about what makes him gravitate towards newer story-tellers and directors, he said, “I have always looked to collaborate with new storytellers because they are looking to bring a fresh voice and a different vision to our cinema.”
He added, “First time or young film-makers are looking to make their mark in the industry and they are always coming up with high-risk content decisions which appeals to me a lot because I have always gravitated towards being super risky with my film and character choices.”
During his career in the film industry, Ayushmann has worked with debutant directors like Sharat Kataria, Hitesh Kewalya, Raaj Shaandilyaa, R.S. Prasanna, Akshay Roy, Vibhu Puri and also collaborated with younger directors like Nupur Asthana, Ashwini Iyer Tiwari, Amit Sharma and Amar Kaushik.
Lauding these newer set of filmmakers for expressing their opinions boldly he said, “I have always strongly felt that we need to be bold in our approach because audiences, who are exposed to brilliant content from across the world, only want to watch new stuff. I laud these film-makers for expressing their views and opinions boldly and freely through their cinema.”
The actor further said, “They have the sheer talent and they want to explode in the world of entertainment and as an artiste, who is constantly looking for clutter-breaking and disruptive content, such people are always on my radar.”
Talking about his constant pursuit for looking to discover new and brilliant filmmakers, he added, “I want to creatively collaborate with as many of them as possible because they are massive risk-takers, they are visionaries who want to change the way people are consuming content. I have always believed that without risks, nothing new or exciting can come out. Our industry needs more disruption and these film-makers are bringing this out brilliantly. Their talent is exceptional and I’m always awed by them.”
Ayushmann thanked these new directors for giving him some of the most intriguing projects of his career and said, “It’s a privilege to have collaborated with the brilliant minds and I think I have been fortunate that they were excited to collaborate with me too. Without them I would have never had Dum Laga Ke Haisha, Bareilly Ki Barfi, Shubh Mangal Saavdhan, Dream Girl, Badhaai Ho, Bala, Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, Meri Pyari Bindu.”
“I’m again collaborating with a first-time director, Anubhuti Kashyap, for Doctor G and I can’t wait to start working with her. She is a restless story-teller who has an extraordinary vision with this film and I think we will be able to present something unique, engaging, and immensely entertaining for audiences,” the actor concluded.
Ayushmann was last seen in Shoojit Sircar’s ‘Gulabo Sitabo’, alongside Amitabh Bachchan. He will soon be seen in ‘Anek’, set to hit the big screens on September 17. It is being directed by Anubhav Sinha and marks the filmmaker’s second collaboration with Ayushmann after the critically-acclaimed 2019 film ‘Article 15’.
Apart from ‘Anek’, he will also be seen in ‘Doctor G’ and ‘Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui’. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

‘Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar’ new trailer: Witness lots of suspense with nail-biting twist in end

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], March 9 (ANI): Bollywood actor Arjun Kapoor on Tuesday dropped the second trailer of his upcoming film ‘Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar’ and provided the movie buffs with more glimpses into the raw and real-world of the crime thriller.
The ‘2 States’ actor took to his Instagram handle and shared a poster along with the trailer. He captioned the post as “#SandeepAurPinkyFaraar trailer #2 is here! #DibakarBanerjee brings to the big screen the thrilling tale of these two characters. In Cinemas near you on 19th March, 2021. @parineetichopra | @sapfthefilm | @yrf.”

The nearly 2-minute-long trailer begins with Parineeti (Sandeep Kaur) asking Arjun (Pinky Dahiya) as to where he is going. To which he answers, “To jump in the well, do you wanna join?” This opening sequence establishes the love-hate relationship that the leading pair will have in the movie. It then proceeds towards showing the chaotic journey that the characters embark on in trying to cross the borders, with Arjun trying to kill Parineeti at the end of the nail-biting trailer.
In the movie, Arjun plays the role of a Haryanvi cop quirkily named Pinky, while Parineeti will essay the role of an ambitious girl from the corporate world named Sandeep, whose lives suddenly intertwine.
The film ‘Sandeep Aur Pinky Faraar’ is being helmed by Dibakar Banerjee and produced by Aditya Chopra. Besides Arjun and Parineeti, the film also features Archana Puran Singh, Sanjay Mishra, Neena Gupta, and Pankaj Tripathi. The film is slated to release on March 19, 2021. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Ranbir Kapoor tests positive for COVID-19, under home quarantine

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], March 9 (ANI): Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor has tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Ranbir’s mother and veteran star Neetu Kapoor confirmed the news on social media.
Neetu took to her Instagram handle and shared a picture of Ranbir while revealing the news. She wrote, “Thank you for your concern and your good wishes. Ranbir has tested positive for Covid-19. He is on medication and recovering well.”
The veteran actor also stated that Ranbir has been in home quarantine, as per BMC rules. She added in the caption, “He is in self-quarantine at home and following all precautions.”

On Monday evening, Ranbir’s uncle Randhir Kapoor had reportedly said that while Ranbir is unwell, he was not clear about the nature of his illness.
In December last year, while shooting for ‘Jugg Jugg Jeeyo’ in Chandigarh, Neetu had tested positive for COVID-19.
She had shared on Instagram, “Earlier this week I tested positive for Covid-19. All safety measures are being followed and I am thankful to the authorities for all their help and quick response. I am in self-quarantine, taking medication on my doctor’s advice and feeling better. I am so grateful for all your love and support! Please stay safe, wear a mask, keep a safe distance.”
On a related note, several leading Bollywood stars had contracted the deadly disease earlier. Actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan, Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora, and others have been infected with the virus.
Meanwhile, on the work front, Ranbir was last seen in ‘Sanju’, the biopic of veteran actor Sanjay Dutt. Ranbir has two films in the pipeline ‘Brahmastra’, which also stars Amitabh Bachchan and Alia Bhatt, and ‘Shamshera’, co-starring Vaani Kapoor.
He is currently working on ‘Animal’ and an untitled film directed by Luv Ranjan. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry share new family picture after revealing second child’s gender

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 9 (ANI): Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are set to embrace parenthood once again and are gearing up to welcome a new family member. After revealing their second child’s gender in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, the couple’s photographer shared a new picture of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex with their son on Monday.
Photographer Misan Harriman shared an adorable family photo from the couple’s maternity shoot on Monday, hours after their sit-down interview with Oprah Winfrey aired, which saw them share the news that their second child on the way is a girl.
The black-and-white shot features Meghan holding big brother-to-be Archie above her baby bump. As Archie snuggles into his mother’s shoulder, a barefoot Prince Harry stands behind his wife with his arms around her.
“What wonderful news to celebrate on International Women’s Day! Congratulations my friends, and welcome to the #girldad club H,” the photographer captioned the post.

As per People magazine, Harriman, the couple’s friend and longtime photographer, took their maternity photos remotely via iPad. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had announced their pregnancy news on Valentine’s Day with a stunning shot of Meghan laying in the grass with her head on Harry’s lap.
During their Sunday interview with Oprah, Meghan waited until Harry joined the conversation to share if their second child would be a girl or a boy.
“To have a boy then a girl — what more can you ask for?” Harry said.
They also said they won’t have any more children following their baby girl’s arrival: “Two is it.”
Prince Harry opened up about his feelings upon learning the baby is a girl, “Grateful, having any child, any one or a two would have been amazing, but to have a boy and then a girl, now we’ve got our family, and we’ve got four of us.”
Their second child is due this summer, the couple shared. The pregnancy news comes after they revealed Meghan suffered a miscarriage last July. “Losing a child means carrying an almost unbearable grief, experienced by many but talked about by few,” she wrote in a New York Times essay about her experience on November 25.
Meghan and Harry’s CBS special with Oprah marked the couple’s first joint interview since their royal exit, which was recently made permanent. In the interview, the duo discussed the reasons behind their decision to step back from their royal duties, which they had first announced in January 2020.
‘Oprah With Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special’ aired on CBS on Sunday. The special was produced by Harpo Productions. Terry Wood and Tara Montgomery executive produced, along with co-executive producer Brian Piotrowicz. The special will be internationally distributed by ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group.
Meghan and Harry officially stepped down from their roles as senior royals last year. Since last summer, Meghan and Harry have been living with Archie in their new home in Southern California, not far from Oprah’s, near Santa Barbara.
Their interview with the former talk show queen and media mogul aired a month after Harry made a rare TV appearance on ‘The Late Late Show With James Corden’.
Markle and Harry, who tied the knot in 2018, welcomed their first son, Archie Harrison, in May 2019. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Netflix’s ‘The Queen’s Gambit’ getting adapted into a stage musical

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 9 (ANI): What’s in store for the award-winning Netflix series ‘The Queen’s Gambit’? A musical. The hit series may become a musical as production company Level Forward has acquired theatrical stage rights to Walter Tevis’ book ‘The Queen’s Gambit’, which served as the basis for the miniseries.
As per Variety, Tevis also wrote ‘The Hustler’ and ‘The Man Who Fell to Earth’, both of which became films and, in the case of ‘The Man Who Fell to Earth’, a stage show.
Level Forward, which produced popular shows like ‘Jagged Little Pill’ and the revival of ‘Oklahoma!’, has not announced a creative team or casting details for the upcoming project yet.
The company’s recent Broadway productions include ‘Slave Play’ and ‘Jagged Little Pill’, which currently are nominated for 12 and 15 Tony Awards, respectively.
“It is a privilege for Level Forward to lead the charge of bringing The Queen’s Gambit to the stage through the beloved and enduring craft of musical theater,” Level Forward CEO Adrienne Becker and producer Julia Dunetz said in a statement.
They added, “Told through a brave and fresh point of view, audiences are already sharing in the friendship and fortitude of the story’s inspiring women who energize and sustain Beth Harmon’s journey and ultimate triumph.”

“The story is a siren call amidst our contemporary struggles for gender and racial equity, and we’re looking forward to moving the project forward,” they further said.
The deal was brokered on Tevis Family Trust by Susan Schulman of the Susan Schulman Literary Agency, New York, and Rachel Gould on behalf of Level Forward.
The seven-episode Netflix limited series is based on Tevis’ 1983 novel of the same name, which combines the author’s real-life experiences playing chess with fictional characters.
The show, set in the 1950s and 60s, stars actor Anya Taylor-Joy as the fictional Beth Harmon, an orphan and chess prodigy who is determined to break into the male-dominated world of competitive chess. As a child, Beth was force-fed pills at her orphanage, leaving her with a drug addiction that complicates her ascent to world-class chess champion.
The series became Netflix’s most-viewed scripted limited series, garnering over 62 million viewers in its first month on the streamer. The Netflix adaptation has won two Golden Globe Awards and two Critics Choice Awards.
The novel, published in 1983, follows the journey of the fictional female chess prodigy, Beth Harmon, from Kentucky to Paris to Moscow, while she battles addiction and the prejudices of a male-centered world. At one point in the 1990s, the novel almost became a feature film, reported People magazine.
“Many directors have tried to make it. Heath Ledger was set to direct this as a film a few years before he died. This was going to be his directing debut,” series writer and director Scott Frank told Forbes, adding, “It fell through because it just wasn’t the type of movie being made at the time.”
‘The Queen’s Gambit’ had released on Netflix on 23 October 2020. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

‘The Crown’ star Emma Corrin in talks to join ‘Lady Chatterley’s Lover’

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 9 (ANI): Actor Emma Corrin, widely known for playing Diana, Princess of Wales, in Netflix’s popular period drama ‘The Crown’, is gearing up to portray another high-society woman.
As per Variety, the Golden Globe-winning actor is in talks to star in ‘Lady Chatterley’s Lover,’ an upcoming romance drama about the scandalous affair between star-crossed lovers.
Based on D.H. Lawrence’s novel, the story follows the wealthy and privileged Lady Chatterley, who finds herself married to a man she doesn’t love and engages in a torrid affair with a gamekeeper on their English estate, discovering more desire and intimacy than she thought possible. When she realizes that she has fallen heart and soul, she breaks all traditions of the day and seeks happiness with the man she loves.
The book was originally published in Italy and France in the 1920s, but it was not printed in the United States until 1959 due to obscenity.
Actor-director Laure de Clermont-Tonnerre, whose credits include ‘The Mustang’, ‘Mrs. America’ and ‘The Act’, will helm the forthcoming film. ‘Life of Pi’ fame screenwriter David Magee is on board to pen the script, and 3000 Pictures, the production company founded by Elizabeth Gabler, is backing the big-screen adaptation.
Producers include Laurence Mark, Pete Czernin and Graham Broadbent of Blueprint Pictures. Marisa Paiva and Nikki Cooper are the executives overseeing the project for 3000 Pictures.
Meanwhile, Corrin recently won the Golden Globe for actress in a television series (drama) for her portrayal of Princess Diana in the Netflix series ‘The Crown’. She will next be seen opposite singer-actor Harry Styles in the romantic drama ‘My Policeman’. Corrin also appeared in the British drama ‘Misbehaviour’ with Keira Knightley, Keeley Hawes and Gugu Mbatha-Raw. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Trending