PM Modi sends out good wishes to Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards team - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

Lifestyle & Entertainment

PM Modi sends out good wishes to Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards team

Published

on

New Delhi [India], February 12 (ANI): Prime Minister Narendra Modi sent out good wishes to the enthusiastic team of the prestigious Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards with a special letter on Friday.
Celebrated as an esteemed platform to honour and encourage some of the finest and most creative minds from the Indian cinema including actors, writers, creators, and filmmakers, the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards are all set to take place in Mumbai on the 20th February 2021.

High on glamour and entertainment, the 5th edition of the prestigious awards is expected to be the biggest annual gala of the Indian cinema this year.
To encourage the spirit of the team, PM Modi sent a special message on Friday. The letter read, “It is a pleasure to learn about the Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Awards 2021. The awards celebrate the legacy of Dadasaheb Phalke, a true visionary, whose pioneering role in the glorious journey of Indian cinema is Indelible.”

He added, “Heartiest congratulations to all the award winners. May the awards inspire various stakeholders to take the art of storytelling to higher levels of excellence. Best wishes for the all-around success of the Film Festival Awards 2021.”
Meanwhile, recently at their Press Conference, one of the ‘Most Versatile Actor’ category was unveiled and felicitated to actor Kay Kay Menon for his profound work and contribution to the Indian Film fraternity in the last three decades.
Founded by Anil Mishra in 2012, the awards, are regarded as the highest cinema honour in the country and are held in the presence of the Governor, celebrities, delegates, industrialists, diplomats, and the media.
For the unversed, this is India’s only independent award function with a mission to celebrate the legacy of Late Dadasaheb Phalke, who is regarded as the Father of Indian Cinema. (ANI)

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Prince Harry opens up about Netflix’s ‘The Crown’, reveals who should play his role

Published

on

By

Washington [US], February 28 (ANI): Prince Harry during a recent interview on the ‘Late Late Show With James Corden’ opened up about his new life in California, and what he thinks about the depiction of the royal family in the historical Netflix drama series ‘The Crown’.
According to People magazine, the 36-year-old royal, opened up to host James Corden about the Netflix series and revealed that he thinks that it is truer than some of the news stories about him and his wife Meghan Markle.
While riding an open-top bus through Los Angeles, the Duke of Sussex told Corden, “They don’t pretend to be news. It’s fiction. But it’s loosely based on the truth. Of course, it’s not strictly accurate.”
Harry added, “I’m way more comfortable with The Crown than I am seeing the stories written about my family, or my wife, or myself. That is obviously fiction – take it how you will. But this is being reported on as fact because you’re supposedly news.”
Reportedly late last year, Harry’s father Prince Charles was unhappy with the depiction of him and his life with Harry’s late mother, Princess Diana in the series. Even the U.K. government’s culture secretary had weighed in saying that it should carry a “fiction” warning at the beginning of each show.
On the other hand, during the interview with Corden, Harry didn’t appear to take offense to the popular Netflix drama. He even weighed in on who he thinks the show should cast to play him.
“Daniel Lewis?” Harry mistakenly said. “Damien Lewis!” Corden corrected him, mentioning the Billons actor. “It’s a great shout,” Harry said before suggesting that the talk show host should play his brother, Prince William.
Later, during the conversation, Harry described what a regular night in for him and Meghan looks like at their home in Montecito, California. Explaining that they “do Archie’s teeth, give him a bath, read him a book,” Harry also said, “Meg might cook a meal, might order a takeaway, go upstairs, sit in bed” and turn on the TV.
Last year in September, Harry and Meghan struck a major multi-year deal with Netflix that will see them developing documentaries, feature films, scripted television shows, and children’s series.
They also recently launched a podcast on Spotify under their Archwell Audio production company, with the goal of building “community through shared experience, narratives, and values.”
The couple, who tied the knot in 2018, welcomed their first child, Archie Harrison, in May 2019. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Netflix to develop ‘Terminator’ anime series

Published

on

By

Washington [US], February 28 (ANI): A classic sci-fi franchise is making its way to Netflix in the form of a ‘Terminator’ anime series.
As per Variety, the upcoming series will unfold a new chapter and will not be a reboot of the parent franchise. As the project is still in the early stages, plot details are being kept under tight wraps.
Netflix has partnered with Skydance for the forthcoming series, with Skydance having produced the last two ‘Terminator’ films.
The series is produced in partnership with Production I.G, with who Netflix has had a production line deal since 2018. Production I.G’s past anime credits include ‘Ghost in the Shell’, ‘B: The Beginning’, and ‘Eden of the East’.
The series is being led by showrunner Mattson Tomlin, who has co-written ‘The Batman’ starring actor Robert Pattinson. Tomlin will also serve as executive producer on the series.
In a statement, Tomlin thanked Netflix and Skydance for this chance to break conventions and subvert expectations.
Tomlin said, “Anyone who knows my writing knows I believe in taking big swings and going for the heart. I’m honored that Netflix and Skydance have given me the opportunity to approach ‘Terminator’ in a way that breaks conventions, subverts expectations, and has real guts.”
The ‘Terminator’ franchise has been wildly successful. To date, the franchise has six films, two web series, one TV series, comic, novel, and game adaptations.
The franchise started with James Cameron and Gale Anne Hurd in 1984 with the first film starring Arnold Schwarzenegger as the villainous robot from 2029 who came to the past to kill a woman named Sarah Connor and thus stop human resistance to a machine uprising.
The most recent entries were ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ and ‘Terminator: Genisys’. Although the Netflix series will be the first animated series in the franchise’s history, it has previously been adapted for the small screen.
The live-action drama titled ‘Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles’ aired on Fox for two seasons with Lena Headey starring as Sarah Connor and Thomas Dekker starring as John Connor. Summer Glau starred as the Terminator sent back in time to protect John. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Big B to undergo surgery due to ‘medical condition’, fans pray for speedy recovery

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], February 28 (ANI): Megastar Amitabh Bachchan recently revealed that he is going through some medical condition that requires him to undergo surgery. Big B shared the news with his fans via his Tumblr blog.
However, it is unclear if the medical procedure is complete. In a one-line, cryptic message on his blog, the veteran actor gave an update to his fans and followers. He wrote, “Medical condition .. surgery .. can’t write.”
The news about the veteran actor’s health condition has left his fans feeling worried and distressed, with many taking to Twitter to wish the megastar a speedy recovery.
A fan tweeted, “Sir good luck for your upcoming surgery! Please take care and get well soon #AmitabhBachchan.”

Another one wrote, “Praying for quick recovery! Get well soonest! God bless you @SrBachchan sir Much love. plz, take care.”

“I was having an intuition since yesterday that something is going to happen regarding his health… And now suddenly this surgery..Prayers for speedy recovery,” tweeted a user.

Another fan wrote on the micro-blogging website, “@SrBachchan Get well soon Sir. Wish you a speedy recovery. Take care Sir and take rest Sir. Praying to God for ur well being. What Surgery Sir? Such type of news is very scary. Pl. dont do tweets. Take rest. Love u.”

Meanwhile, on the work front, Big B was last seen in Shoojit Sircar’s comedy-drama ‘Gulabo Sitabo’ alongside Ayushmann Khurrana, which released on Amazon Prime Video in June 2020.
The veteran star’s upcoming projects include mystery thriller ‘Chehre’ and sci-fi movie ‘Brahmastra’. He will also be seen in the sports drama ‘Jhund’.
Apart from the forthcoming films, the actor was busy with the shooting of his upcoming project ‘Mayday’, co-starring Ajay Devgn and Rakul Preet Singh. Big B announced his association with Ajay Devgn directorial last year and he has been actively sharing updates from the film’s set on his social media handles. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Taapsee Pannu celebrates one year of ‘Thappad’ while shooting for ‘Dobaaraa’

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], February 28 (ANI): Bollywood actor Taapsee Pannu on Sunday shared the last post of her #DobaaraSeries, commemorating the one-year anniversary of her critically acclaimed movie ‘Thappad’.
The ‘Pink’ actor took to her Instagram handle and shared a photo featuring her ‘Thappad’ co-star Pavail Gulati, who will be seen sharing screen space with Taapsee in the upcoming outing ‘Dobaaraa’.
Pavail also starred opposite Taapsee in ‘Thappad’, hence jestfully taking a dig at his character’s arc in the 2020 movie she captioned the post as, “My last of the #DobaaraSeries Coz some collaborations deserve to be repeated. Since this man had some u finished business in Thappad so this is a chance to mend his mistake.”

Commemorating the first anniversary of ‘Thappad’, she added, “@pavailgulati Today exactly after ONE YEAR of #Thappad , I can Only hope he doesn’t lose the woman #dobaaraa P.S- let’s see in which parallel universe we were meant to be.”
‘Thappad’, helmed by Anubhav Sinha, featured Taapsee as the protagonist who refused to tolerate domestic violence in the name of love and relationships and Pavail played the role of her husband.
Taapsee’s current movie ‘Dobaaraa’ being helmed by Anurag Kashyap, marks the duo’s third collaboration after 2018’s hit ‘Manmarziyaan’ and biographical drama ‘Saand Ki Aankh’, which had Anurag on board as a producer.
The movie will be produced by Cult Movies – a division under Ekta Kapoor’s Balaji Telefilms, along with Sunir Kheterpal’s ATHENA and Gaurav Bose’s The Vermillion World Production.
Meanwhile, Taapsee has a flurry of films in her kitty including ‘Shabaash Mithu’, ‘Haseen Dillruba’, ‘Rashmi Rocket’, and ‘Looop Lapeta’. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Bella Hadid shares a glimpse of her life with Lyme disease

Published

on

By

Washington [US], February 28 (ANI): American supermodel Bella Hadid recently offered her fans a rare glimpse into how she takes care of her autoimmune disorders.
The 24-year-old star posted a series of pictures on her Instagram handle recently, showing her hooked up to an IV. She captioned the post as, “Living with a few chronic autoimmune disease = always finding time for my IVs.”

Back in 2012, Bella was diagnosed with Lyme disease alongside her younger brother Anwar, and their mother, Yolanda. In 2016, at the age of 20, she opened up to People magazine about struggling with Lyme disease while working as a model.
At the time, she said, “Life isn’t always what it looks like on the outside, and the hardest part of this journey is to be judged by the way you look instead of the way you feel.”
Bella’s older sister Gigi, who has been candid about her own struggles with a different autoimmune disorder, Hashimoto’s disease, has also previously spoken out about what it was like to grow up with her mother and siblings battling Lyme.
As most of her fans might recall, Bella has also been very vocal about the importance of mental health over the years on her social media. While celebrating her twenty-third birthday in 2019, Bella had shared a note on Instagram about asking for help in times of need. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

COVID-19 effect: Taylor Swift cancels ‘Lover Fest’ shows

Published

on

By

Washington [US], February 28 (ANI): The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has put a halt to almost everything, with music festivals and various cultural activities facing the brunt of the health crisis. The latest to be impacted by the pandemic is singer-songwriter Taylor Swift’s ‘Lover Fest’ shows.
The 31-year-old singer recently announced that the previously postponed two-city ‘Lover Fest’ tour has been cancelled due to the ongoing pandemic.
Swift tweeted, “I love coming on here to tell you good news, or to share a new project with you. It’s not my favorite thing in the world to have to tell you the news I’m sad about.”
She added, “I’m so sorry, but I cannot reschedule the shows that we’ve postponed. Although refunds have been available since we first postponed the Lover Fest shows, many of you hung onto your tickets and I too hung onto the idea that we could reschedule.”
“This is an unprecedented pandemic that has changed everyone’s plans and no one knows what the touring landscape is going to look like in the near future. I’m so disappointed that I won’t be able to see you in person as soon as I wanted to,” the ‘Lover’ singer continued.
The singer added, “I miss you terribly and can’t wait till we can all safely be at shows together again.”

Swift had announced last April that she was postponing the two-city tour with the intention of coming up with the event in 2021, reported People magazine.
‘Lover Fest’ was supposed to take place in Los Angeles and Foxborough, Massachusetts.
Swift opted to forgo a worldwide tour and instead focus on that two-city event and perform at international festivals.
Since the release of the 2019 album ‘Lover’, the singer dropped sister albums titled ‘Folklore’ and ‘Evermore’ in 2020.
The Grammy-winning singer is also set to drop the first re-recording of her albums in April following tensions with her Big Machine Label Group, Scooter Braun, Ithaca Holdings, and Shamrock Holdings – the latter of which currently owns the rights to her masters.
Last week, Swift dropped a re-recorded version of her song ‘Love Story’ after announcing that she has completed the first re-recording of her second album, ‘Fearless’.
‘Fearless’ (Taylor’s Version) is the first of six albums that Swift is re-releasing. Swift’s second studio album ‘Fearless’ won her album of the year at the Grammys in 2009, making her the youngest artist to ever win the award at the time. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Trending