+

Passenger Finds Dead Cockroach In Vande Bharat Meal

While traveling from Bhopal to Agra on a Vande Bharat Express train, a couple was shocked to discover a dead cockroach in their meal. The disturbing image of the insect found in the curry was shared on social media by their nephew, Vidit Varshney. The viral photo clearly shows the cockroach submerged in the potato […]

Dead Cockroach Found In Vande Bharat's Meal
Dead Cockroach Found In Vande Bharat's Meal

While traveling from Bhopal to Agra on a Vande Bharat Express train, a couple was shocked to discover a dead cockroach in their meal. The disturbing image of the insect found in the curry was shared on social media by their nephew, Vidit Varshney.

The viral photo clearly shows the cockroach submerged in the potato curry. Varshney expressed his dismay, stating, “Today on 18-06-24, my Uncle and Aunt found a ‘COCKROACH’ in their food served by @IRCTCofficial on Vande Bharat. Please take immediate action against the vendor to ensure such incidents are not repeated.”

See Here:

Vande Bharat’s Response:

In response to the viral post, the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) took action by imposing a penalty on the service provider. Expressing regret in a social media post, IRCTC stated, “We apologize for the travel experience. The matter has been taken seriously, and appropriate penalties have been applied to the service provider. We have also enhanced monitoring of production and logistics.”

However, the incident raised concerns about hygiene standards on Indian trains, with many social media users tagging Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw, demanding an explanation.

In reaction to Varshney’s post, a user expressed, “This is serious problem as the most premium Train of India Vande Bharat Having these issues. Seriously disappointed.” Another user commented, “Why government is not serious about public health.”

A similar incident occurred last year when a passenger on a Vande Bharat Express train found a cockroach stuck to one of the rotis served while traveling from Bhopal to Gwalior. The IRCTC had imposed a fine on the vendor in that instance as well.

Tags:

Dead CockroachDead Cockroach In Vande Bharat MealFSSAITDGThe Daily GuardiantrendingVande Bharat Mealviral