Overwhelming response to first Army recruitment rally in Jammu since COVID-19 outbreak - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

News

Overwhelming response to first Army recruitment rally in Jammu since COVID-19 outbreak

Published

on

Jammu (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], February 20 (ANI): Around 40,000 youth have registered online for the ongoing Army recruitment rally under the aegis of Tiger Division at Sunjuwan Military Station, informed a Defence official on Saturday.
“This is the first Army recruitment rally in this region after prolonged lockdown and COVID-19 restrictions. An overwhelming response from the exuberant youth has been recorded and approximately 40,000 candidates have registered online,” the Defence PRO said,
The Army recruitment rally for various categories of soldiers is in progress from February 15 to March 6, 2021.
The rally is being organised for the youth of all the ten districts of the Jammu Division. Army Recruiting Office (ARO) Jammu in close coordination with Shivalik Brigade, Civil Administration of Jammu Division and Jammu and Kashmir Police is conducting the ongoing rally in a smooth and transparent manner.
Major General Vijay B Nair, General Officer Commanding (GOC), Tiger Division reviewed the conduct of the recruitment rally on Saturday.
The GOC was briefed by Brigadier AP Singh, Commander Shivalik Brigade and Director Recruiting, Jammu about various arrangements including various security, anti-touting and COVID-19 related measures.
According to the official statement, the rally is witnessing immense participation from the well-prepared local youth of all ten districts of the Jammu Division towards joining the Army. COVID-19 protocol is being followed during the rally by all participants and recruiting staff, officials said. (ANI)

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

News

Vijayan most fascist, undemocratic CM Kerala has ever seen: Congress MLA

Published

on

By

Kochi (Kerala) [India], March 2 (ANI): Targeting the Left Democratic Front (LDF) government over alleged backdoor appointments in government jobs, Congress MLA PT Thomas said that Pinarayi Vijayan is perhaps the most fascist and undemocratic Chief Minister Kerala has ever seen.
“Pinarayi Vijayan is perhaps the most fascist and most undemocratic Chief Minister Kerala has ever seen. This is a government that has thrown the sentiments of lakhs of young people in the state into the Arabian Sea,” PT Thomas said at a rally in Kochi.
Youth Congress conducted a rally and public function named Chalo Youth against LDF government’s alleged backdoor appointments in government jobs.
The Congress leader added that Vijayan is the successor of Stalin. He is the only remaining Communist Chief Minister in India.
“Why did Pinarayi Vijayan not speak against the Sangh Parivar? They both are brothers. Narendra Modi is the elder brother while Vijayan is the younger one,” he further said.
Earlier on February 11, Leader Of Opposition in state Assembly Ramesh Chennithala attacked the LDF government over the recruitment row saying that the Pinarayi Vijayan regime has made backdoor appointments for its own people, relatives and loved ones by deceiving the entire youth.
“Why the CM can’t see the feelings of millions of young people who are not getting jobs despite being named in the Public Service Commission (PSC) rank list? You can not stop the rising anger of youth against you. I declare my complete solidarity with the protest of the rank holders in Kerala. The protest is against a government that has made backdoor appointments for its own people, relatives and loved ones by deceiving the entire youth,” he said. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Bengali actor Srabanti Chatterjee joins BJP ahead of assembly polls

Published

on

By

Kolkata (West Bengal) [India], March 2 (ANI): Bengali actor Srabanti Chatterjee joined the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in Kolkata on Monday ahead of the upcoming West Bengal Assembly elections.
The actor joined the party in the presence of West Bengal BJP chief Dilip Ghosh and party’s election in-charge in the state, Kailash Vijayvargiya.
West Bengal Assembly elections will be held in eight phases starting from March 27 with the final round of voting taking place on April 29. Counting of votes will take place on May 2.
While Mamata Banerjee is seeking her third consecutive term, BJP has set a target of winning 200 seats in the 294-member state Assembly. Congress and the Left have stitched an alliance for the polls and had already finalised the seat-sharing agreement.
With the announcement of the election schedule, the Model Code of Conduct has come into force in the state. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

SBI commits Rs 11 crore to support government’s COVID-19 vaccination drive

Published

on

By

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], March 2 (ANI): In order to support the next phase of the government’s COVID-19 vaccination drive, the State Bank of India (SBI) has decided to contribute Rs 11 crore to the PM CARES Fund, said an official statement on Monday.
“It is at times of adversity that the true form of unity is tested, and we all can take pride in the efforts that our nation has put in to fight the pandemic. The fight against the pandemic is not yet over, and as a responsible Corporate Citizen, we consider it our duty to support the government’s efforts to vaccinate all. I request everyone to come forward and help in whatever way they can to ensure a successful vaccination drive,” Dinesh Khara, Chairman SBI said in a statement.
In 2020, SBI had committed 0.25 per cent of its annual profit to support the fight against COVID-19 and also made significant contribution in the form of supply of masks, sanitizers among others to the needy. Additionally, SBI employees in their effort to support the nation in the unprecedented times had contributed Rs 107 crores to the PM CARES Fund. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Toolkit case: Delhi court to hear Nikita Jacob’s bail plea today

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], March 2 (ANI): The Patiala House Court in the national capital will hear Nikita Jacob’s petition on Tuesday seeking anticipatory bail in the “Toolkit” document case related to farmers’ protest.
Additional Sessions Judge Dharmender Rana will hear Jacob’s petition today.
Jacob had been granted protection from arrest for three weeks by the Bombay High Court on February 17.
Delhi Police are probing the toolkit case against Jacob, “climate activist” Disha Ravi and others. However, the Court last week granted bail to Disha.
According to sources, Jacob was a committed operator of the Toolkit. She used to address it as a ‘communication package’. The police is analysing about 115 to 120 GB of data which included WhatsApp chats, e-mails, and data recovered from Jacob’s pen drive, mobile and desktop. She was using applications like Singal and Telegram for communication.
The 21-year-old activist, Disha was arrested from Bengaluru in connection with the formulation and dissemination of the ‘toolkit’ document, in the ongoing farmers’ protest. She was one of the editors of the ‘toolkit’ document.
On February 3, Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg had shared this ‘toolkit’ in a tweet, which she later deleted. Greta had also extended support to the protest by farmer unions on the borders of Delhi against the new farm laws. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Man held for blackmailing, raping minor girl in Gwalior

Published

on

By

Gwalior (Madhya Pradesh) [India], March 2 (ANI): Madhya Pradesh Police has arrested a man for allegedly raping a 14-year-old girl in Gwalior district.
The accused identified as Sunil, who worked at the shop of the victim’s father, allegedly blackmailed her by saying that he would kill him if she did not give her consent.
“Fed up with this, the minor ran away from her house to Datia where she came in contact with a child protection agency and filed a zero FIR against the accused. We have arrested the accused and registered a case under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act,” said Amit Sanghi, Superintendent of Police.
Further investigation is underway. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

National Rice Research Institute develops device for pest management, patents it

Published

on

By

Cuttack (Odisha) [India], March 2 (ANI): Scientists of ICAR-National Rice Research Institute, Cuttack, have developed an Alternate Energy Light Trap (AELT) device for checking pests in agricultural fields and got a patent for the invention.
The automated device was invented by Dr Shyamaranjan Das Mohapatra, Principal Scientist, Entomology and Dr Mayabini Jena, former Principal Scientist and Head of Crop Protection Division of ICAR-National Rice Research Institute. It can help the farmers to identify insect types that lurk in the field and manage them.

“There are two models of the AELT. The bigger valued at around Rs 8,800 can be used on farmland of about one hectare while the mini version costing Rs 4,100 can be used for land under one acre. We have shared the patent with a Maharashtra-based company and the commercial production of the device will start soon,” Dr Mohapatra told ANI here on Monday.
He said: “With this new invention, we can save crops worth thousands of crores worldwide and can also save the life of people from pesticides used in farm lands to kill insects.”
The AELT device includes a light trap unit for attracting the flying insects, a collector unit coupled with the light trap unit for receiving the lured insects from the light trap.
It is an economical and eco-friendly insect trapping method and efficient enough to handle a large number of insects. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Trending