NO VACCINATION DEATH YET, 33 STATES, UTS HAVE FEWER THAN 5,000 CASES: MINISTRY - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

News

NO VACCINATION DEATH YET, 33 STATES, UTS HAVE FEWER THAN 5,000 CASES: MINISTRY

The Union Health Ministry also said that 97% of the people who gave their feedback after receiving Covid-19 vaccine doses are satisfied with the overall experience.

Published

on

The first meeting of the national-level AEFI (Adverse Event Following Immunisation) committee discussed eight AEFI cases and found that no deaths had occurred due to Covid-19 vaccination, the Union Health Ministry said on Tuesday.

The first meeting of national-level AEFI committee was held on 5 February to investigate the reasons for AEFI post-vaccination. Addressing a press conference here, Rajesh Bhushan, Secretary, Health Ministry said that the committee found that no deaths were related to vaccination.

“A meeting of National AEFI Committee was held on February 5, 2021. They discussed eight AEFI cases. Causality assessment of 5 cases, 2 deaths and 3 hospitalized cases, conducted. In hospitalised cases, all 3 recovered completely and discharged. Two cases were diagnosed as anaphylaxis and they classified as vaccine-product related reaction (known and expected reactions following vaccinations). One case was diagnosed as syncope and classified as immunisation triggered stress response (anxiety reaction). They found that no deaths were related to vaccination,” Bhushan said.

Bhushan said that assessment of the cause of three death cases has been deferred as “Histopathology and chemical analysis report called for and the state government will give them the report after which and they will make a decision”.

The Health Secretary said that the ministry is making a standard template and “will put the information in the public domain proactively”. He informed that so far 63,10,194 beneficiaries including healthcare and frontline workers have been vaccinated with the first dose of Covid-19 vaccine as of now.

“Administration of the second dose of vaccine will begin on 13 February. We cannot indefinitely keep on scheduling and rescheduling healthcare workers. States/UTs have been advised that all healthcare workers must be scheduled at least once for vaccination by 20 February. Timelines are communicated to states,” he added.

The ministry also said that as many as 33 states and UTs in the country have less than 5,000 active Covid-19 cases, adding that only two states—Maharashtra and Kerala—have more than 35,000 active cases.

“Only 2 States—Kerala and Maharashtra—have more than 35,000 active Covid-19 cases and together they contribute to 71 per cent of Covid-19 cases. Kerala has 65,670 active Covid-19 cases and Maharashtra has 35,991 active Covid-19 cases. Currently, 33 states and UTs in the country have less than 5,000 active Covid-19 cases,” Bhushan said.

“Active cases are only 3.12 per cent of the total cases. Active cases are less than 1.50 lakh and declining. There are 15 states and Union Territories (UT) that have not reported deaths in the last 24 hours. There are seven states and UTs that have not reported deaths in the last three weeks. A total of 55 per cent decline in average daily Covid-19 deaths have been reported in the last five weeks,” he said.

The Health Ministry also informed that 97% of the people who gave their feedback after receiving Covid-19 vaccine dose are satisfied with the overall experience.

Bhushan said the process of taking feedback started from January 17, 2021. “Personalized SMS were sent to all beneficiaries a day after vaccination. SMS contains the name of person, dose (first/ second), and a URL for feedback. Once the user confirmed for vaccination against his/ her name, five questions were asked to which they gave responses,” Bhushan said.

“A total of 97 per cent people are satisfied with the overall vaccination experience. It is maintained by Conducted by NeGD (National E-Governance Division). The data is based on the feedback response of 7,75,000 people,” he added.

Dr V.K. Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog, said they can confidently say that the strategy to implement vaccination programme and “the experience of vaccination is now consistently, very highly rated by people”.

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

News

2,000 youngsters participating on daily basis in Jammu’s Army recruitment rally

Published

on

By

Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], February 25 (ANI): The ongoing recruitment rally held in Jammu is witnessing enthusiastic participation by youth with at least 2,000 youngsters participating on a daily basis, according to authorities.
“This is the first Army recruitment rally in this region after prolonged lockdown and COVID-19 restrictions in Jammu. An overwhelming response from the youth has been recorded and approximately 40,000 candidates have registered online to join the Indian Army,” said Lieutenant Colonel Devinder Anand, PRO Defence Jammu.
“2,000 youngsters are participating in the rally on a daily basis. We have divided the participants into different groups on district-basis for easy conduct,” he further said.
The recruitment rally for the youth of all the ten districts of the Jammu Division, held under the aegis of Tiger Division at Sunjuwan Military Station, began on February 15 and will continue till March 6.
Lt Col Anand further commented, “The youngsters are on high ‘josh’, They are very well prepared. On the basis of performances I have witnessed in previous recruitment drives, the performance of youngsters at this drive is of a higher standard.”
The Army Recruiting Office (ARO) Jammu in close coordination with the Shivalik Brigade, Civil Administration of Jammu Division and Jammu and Kashmir Police is conducting the ongoing rally.
Surinder Singh a participant in the recruitment drive said, “I passed my running test. This recruitment drive was scheduled in the March of 2019 but it got postponed due to the pandemic.”
“My family has ex-servicemen, so I get training from them. I will give my 100 per cent if given an opportunity to serve the nation,” he added.
All COVID-19 protocols are being followed during the rally by all participants and recruiting staff. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

ISRO to launch Amazonia-1, 18 co-passenger satellites onboard PSLV-C51 on Feb 28

Published

on

By

Nellore (Andhra Pradesh) [India], February 25 (ANI): Primary satellite Amazonia-1 of Brazil and 18 co-passenger satellites onboard the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C51) are scheduled to be launched from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) Sriharikota Range (SHAR) on February 28, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) said here on Thursday.
“PSLV-C51, which is the 53rd mission of PSLV, will launch Amazonia-1 of Brazil as primary satellite and 18 Co-passenger satellites from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC) SHAR, Sriharikota. The launch is tentatively scheduled at 1024 Hrs IST on February 28, 2021, subject to weather conditions,” the space agency said.
ISRO also confirmed that the launch rehearsal of PSLV-C51 was completed today.
PSLV-C51/Amazonia-1 is the first dedicated commercial mission of NewSpace India Limited (NSIL), a Government of India company under the Department of Space. The NSIL is undertaking this mission under a commercial arrangement with Spaceflight Inc. USA.
Amazonia-1 is the optical earth observation satellite of the National Institute for Space Research (INPE). This satellite would further strengthen the existing structure by providing remote sensing data to users for monitoring deforestation in the Amazon region and analysis of diversified agriculture across the Brazilian territory.
The 18 co-passenger satellites include four from IN-SPACe (three UNITYsats from the consortium of three Indian academic institutes and One Satish Dhawan Sat from Space Kidz India) and 14 from NSIL. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Amit Shah hails surrender of insurgents in Karbi Anglong district, assures Assam of development

Published

on

By

Karbi Anglong (Assam) [India], February 25 (ANI): Hailing the recent surrender of five insurgent groups in Karbi Anglong district of Assam, Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Thursday said that without peace development is not possible.
Ahead of Assembly polls in Assam, Shah also assured the public that Prime Minister Narendra Modi is continuously working for the proper development of Assam, so there is no need to take up arms.
Addressing a public rally here, Shah hit out at Congress saying that the Congress party ruled Assam for so many years but there was no development and when the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) came to power in Assam, it has progressed.
“There was Congress government for such a long time but nobody gave Bharat Ratna to Bhupen Hazarika. PM Narendra Modi gave Bharat Ratna to Bhupen Hazarika who provided a distinct position to our music before the entire world,” he said.
Shah said that five militant outfits laid down arms before the Assam government on February 23.
“The youth of all these five militant organisations have come to the mainstream, I want to assure them that you have as much right on this country as I have. There can be no development without peace. I want to assure all of you that Prime Minister Narendra Modiji is continuously working for the proper development of Assam, so you do not need to take up arms,” he said.
Five militant groups of Karbi Anglong surrendered in front of Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal at a function in Guwahati on February 23, ahead of the state’s assembly elections. The development comes a year after the Modi government signed the Bodo peace accord — bringing an end to the long violent movement for a separate Bodoland.
Union Home Minister said that a lot of work has been done by the BJP government in Assam.
“In this budget also, Modiji has given Rs 53,000 crore specially for Assam. A special package of Rs 2,000 crore has also been announced for tea garden workers,” he said. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Vishwa Hindu Parishad not afraid of repression, murder: VHP working president

Published

on

By

By Suchitra Mukherjee
New Delhi [India], February 25 (ANI): A Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) worker was killed in a clash between RSS and Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI) workers in Kerala’s Alappuzha district on Wednesday night.
The 23-year-old man, identified as Nandhu, was allegedly hacked to death by SDPI workers in a clash with RSS men near Vayalar town in Alappuzha.
International Working President of Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Alok Kumar said that this is not the first such killing in Kerala.
“This struggle is with the people of ruling party there. No fair investigation is done. Murderers are not punished. This is unfortunate. I will demand that the government conduct a quick investigation, arrest the culprits, file a charge sheet and prosecute them in the fast track court,” said Kumar.
The VHP international working president said VHP members are not afraid of such repression and murder. “We will continue our campaign of Indian nationalism and offer our heads to the nation,” he said.
“People of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad are not afraid of the assassination and repression of the RSS activist in Kerala. We will continue our campaign of Indian nationalism,” he added.
Alok Kumar said Hindu girls are tricked by Muslim men by tying a kalva in hand and applying a ‘tikka’ on the forehead. They marry Hindu women by giving them the impression of being Hindu. If the truth is found later, there is no way to return.
“The prerequisites for any civilized society are not the misuse of our religious freedom. It is required that we congratulate the Assembly of Uttar Pradesh for passing this law,” Kumar said. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

New guidelines for digital media, OTT to self-classify content into 5 age based categories

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], February 25 (ANI): There should self-classification of content for Over The Top (OTT) platforms, said Union Minister Prakash Javadekar on Thursday while unveiling the new policies for digital media.

“For OTT, there should be self-classification of content — 13+, 16+ and A categories. There has to be a mechanism of parental lock and ensuring compliance that children don’t see that,” Javadekar said during a press conference.

The OTT platforms, called as the publishers of online curated content in the rules, would self-classify the content into five age-based categories- U (Universal), U/A 7+, U/A 13+, U/A 16+, and A (Adult).

As per the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021, platforms would be required to implement parental locks for content classified as U/A 13+ or higher, and reliable age verification mechanisms for content classified as “A”.

The publisher of online curated content shall prominently display the classification rating specific to each content or programme together with a content descriptor informing the user about the nature of the content, and advising on viewer description (if applicable) at the beginning of every programme enabling the user to make an informed decision, prior to watching the programme, read the guidelines.
The Rules seek to empower the users by mandating the intermediaries, including social media intermediaries, to establish a grievance redressal mechanism for receiving resolving complaints from the users or victims.
Intermediaries shall appoint a Grievance Officer to deal with such complaints and share the name and contact details of such officer. Grievance Officer shall acknowledge the complaint within twenty-four hours and resolve it within fifteen days from its receipt.
To ensure online safety and dignity of users, especially women users, intermediaries shall remove or disable access within 24 hours of receipt of complaints of contents that exposes the private areas of individuals, show such individuals in full or partial nudity or in sexual act or is in the nature of impersonation including morphed images.
Such a complaint can be filed either by the individual or by any other person on his or her behalf.
According to the guidelines, users who wish to verify their accounts voluntarily shall be provided an appropriate mechanism to do so and provided with a demonstrable and visible mark of verification. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Delhi Court directs police to not take coercive steps against Ford India Directors

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], February 25 (ANI): A Delhi Court has provided relief to Ford India, its President and Managing Director Anurag Mehrotra and US national and Director David Allan Schock.
While granting the relief, the Court said, “no coercive steps should be taken against them” in a criminal complaint matter alleging cheating and criminal breach of trust investigated by the Economic Offences Wing (EoW) of the Delhi police.
Additional Sessions Judge Rakesh Kumar of Rohini Court said, “Considering the facts and circumstances I am of the considered view that since both the accused persons are Director and Managing Director of the Ford India and which has a large business in India, hence there is no chance of absconding from the investigation or jurisdiction of this Court”.
“….keeping in view the undertaking given by the accused persons to join the investigation either physically or by VC, simultaneously, not deny that investigation is at the initial stage and despite service of three notice under Section 41 A Cr. PC and Notice u/s91 Cr.PC, the applicant/ accused has not joined or produced the document, hence in the interest of justice, no coercive steps shall be taken against the aforesaid applicants /accused persons till Next Date of hearing which is March 17th,” the court order stated.
The accused persons had filed anticipatory bail applications before the Court of the Additional Sessions Judge.
Advocate Rohit Kochhar appeared for David Allan Schock whereas, Advocate Vijay Aggarwal appeared for Anurag Mehrotra.
Advocate Rohit Kochhar argued that the FIR was a litany of lies, fabrication and deceit, and had been orchestrated by the complainant with the mischievous and unlawful objective of evading his own legal financial obligations towards Ford India. Advocate Kochhar submitted that the dispute between the parties was purely civil in nature and that the entire FIR, even if read as a whole, did not disclose any criminality on the part of his client.
Advocate Vijay Aggarwal argued before the Court that there was a huge delay of more than 18 months on part of the complainant in the registration of the FIR. He submitted that the offenses alleged in the FIR were punishable with less than seven years imprisonment, and therefore, the Delhi police was mandatorily required to follow the principles laid down by the Supreme Court.
The complainant Libra Cars, the Ford dealer for the GT Karnal Road, New Delhi area had filed a criminal complaint with the EOW against Ford India and its senior management, alleging cheating and criminal breach of trust on the ground that Ford India had violated the terms of the agreement between the parties by appointing another dealer within a radius of 10 km from the complainant’s showroom. The criminal complaint culminated in the registration of an FIR against the Managing Director and the US-based Director of Ford India.
Ford Motor Co. is a Fortune Global 500 Corporation, and one of the largest automobile manufacturing companies in the world with annual revenues of approximately Rs 12 lakh crores and almost 200,000 employees spread across 200 countries. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Trending