+

Man Dies From Electric Shock While Charging Smartphone In Bengaluru

24-year-old man from Bidar, identified as Srinivas, tragically lost his life in Bengaluru while attempting to charge his smartphone. Srinivas had recently moved to Bengaluru to pursue a course in computer science and was staying at a paying guest facility in Manjunath Nagar. The incident occurred on Friday morning as Srinivas tried to connect his […]

24-year-old man from Bidar, identified as Srinivas, tragically lost his life in Bengaluru while attempting to charge his smartphone. Srinivas had recently moved to Bengaluru to pursue a course in computer science and was staying at a paying guest facility in Manjunath Nagar. The incident occurred on Friday morning as Srinivas tried to connect his phone charger to a socket.

Reportedly, he had gone to the restroom and returned with wet hands to charge his mobile phone. It was at this moment that he received the electric shock, causing him to lose consciousness and fall to the ground. His friends found him in an unconscious state and rushed him to a nearby hospital. Despite their efforts, doctors declared him dead upon arrival.

Following a post-mortem examination, Srinivas’ body was handed over to his family. Basaveshwaranagar Police Station has registered a case of accidental death and is currently conducting further investigations into the incident.

They are looking into whether a faulty charger or a broken socket led to the accident and are awaiting the postmortem report. Additionally, a team is examining the charger to ascertain further details.

Tags:

Accidental DeathBengaluruBengaluru case of death while charging smartphoneBengaluru crime newsElectric shockTDGThe Daily Guardian