A man, who shared a social media post in support of BJP leader Nupur Sharma a few days ago, was on Tuesday beheaded by two men in broad daylight in Udaipur’s Maldas street area. Soon after the beheading, the men posted a video on social media boasting about the gruesome incident. The men threatened PM Narendra Modi’s life as well.
One of the assailants, who was identified as Riyaz Akhtar, attacked Kanhaiya Lal, a tailor, with a sharp-edged weapon while the other, Ghos Mohammad, recorded the crime on his mobile phone, police said.
Locals protested after the incident that took place in broad daylight. Shops in Maldas street area of Udaipur have been closed following the incident.
Internet services have been suspended for 24 hours in Udaipur and a curfew has been imposed under Section 144 in several areas including Dhanmandi, Ghantaghar, Hathipol, Ambamata, Surajpol, Bhupalpura and Savina.
A statewide alert has also been issued to all SPs & IGs to increase the mobility of forces and to maintain officers on the ground. Two ADGPs from Jaipur, one more SP and 600 additional police force have been sent to Udaipur.
Meanwhile, the ministry of home affairs dispatched a team of officials from the National Investigation Agency to Udaipur.
The incident might be probed as a terror case. Udaipur Superintendent of Police Manoj Kumar Choudhary said few accused have been identified and a thorough probe will be conducted.
“A heinous murder has been committed and a thorough investigation will be conducted into the incident. Few accused have been identified. Police teams have been constituted to locate the accused. We will take action on the video of men claiming to have committed the act,” Choudhary said.
District Collector of Udaipur Tara Chand Meena urged people to maintain peace and law and order.
“I appeal to all to maintain peace and law and order. The affected family will be provided help from the government. Stringent action will be taken against the accused,” he said.
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot promised the strictest action against the culprits and said the police will go to the bottom of the matter.
“I condemn the heinous murder of youth in Udaipur. Strict action will be taken against all the criminals involved in this incident and the police will go to the bottom of the crime. I appeal to all parties to maintain peace. Strictest punishment will be given to every person involved in such heinous crime,” he said.
After the arrest of the accused, Gehlot reiterated his appeal for peace while stating that his administration would ensure a speedy investigation and that the criminals would be punished severely in the court.
Governor Kalraj Mishra also appealed to the public to maintain peace and communal harmony and said that the district administration has been directed to take strict action against the culprits.
The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.
Nitish Kumar’s helicopter makes emergency landing in Gaya
Due to bad weather conditions, the helicopter of Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar made an emergency landing in Gaya on Friday.
Earlier in the morning at around 11.30 am, CM Kumar was on an ariel survey of a drought-hit area.
Meanwhile, several districts of Bihar are staring at drought. On Wednesday, Kumar reviewed the situation. Due to scanty rainfall, many districts of the state are in a drought situation.
However, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar earlier held a meeting and instructed them to keep a close watch on the situation. In the meeting, he also took all the details about the state about the drought situation.
Hawala operator arrested from J&K’s bus stand
Delhi Police and Jammu and Kashmir Police in a joint operation arrested a Hawala operator on Friday.
Meanwhile, the accused was involved in the funding of Lashkar-e-Taiba and Al-Badr terror outfits. The accused Mohammad Yaseen was arrested from the Jammu bus stand.
“Working as an agent in Hawala transactions related to the funding of terror outfits LeT and Al Badr Mohd Yaseen has been apprehended. On 17th Aug 2022, Mohd Yasin gave around Rs 10 lakh to a terror operative Abdul Hamid Mir of Jammu and Kashmir for further use in terrorist activities in the state. In this regard, J&K Police registered a case vide FIR No. 37/2022, dt. 18/08/2022, u/s 13/17/18/40 UA(P) Act, PS Bus Stand, Jammu and Abdul Hamid Mir r/o Mendhar, Poonch, J&K has been arrested from Jammu Bus Stand along with the terror funding amount of Rs 10 lakh,” said a statement.
Mohammad Yaseen worked as a garment trader and was operating from Meena Bazar, Delhi. During interrogation, Yaseen said that the hawala money was being sent to India through South Africa. He used to collect funds from sources based abroad and then used to deliver them to terror operatives.
“The amount was further given to operatives of banned terror outfit LeT (Lashkar-e-Taiyba) and Al Badr in Jammu and Kashmir. Mohd. Yaseen is an important link for transporting funds from different parts of India to J&K.Recently, he has received Rs. 24 lakh sent via Hawala from South Africa, out of which he transferred Rs 17 lakh through two different couriers to terror operatives in J&K. Rs 10 lakh, given by him to arrested accused Abdul Hamid Mir, have been seized by J&K Police, whereas the remaining Rs. 7 lakh has been recovered from his house during search,” added the statement.
Moreover, the information was received from central agencies. However, one mobile phone and Rs 7 lakh were recovered from the accused.
A 13-year-old beaten to death over school fees of Rs 250 in Uttar Pradesh
A 13-year-old boy at Sirsia’s Pandit Brahmadutt Higher Secondary School was killed by his teacher. Anupam Pathak, the accused, beat the youngster for failing to pay his school fees of Rs 250.
The horrifying event happened on August 8. The young victim, named Brijesh Kumar, was taken to the hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries eight days later.
Police have registered a complaint against the teacher and are looking into it.
The victim’s older brother, claimed that he had been attending the school for the previous two months. He had already paid the fees for the first month, but the second month’s payment was put off while his brother, the family’s sole provider, was away at work. More information is awaited.
A teacher at a government elementary school in Punjab’s Majri village was detained earlier this week on suspicion of abusing a young kid in a similar incident.
At the Sector 2 police station in Panchkula on Tuesday, the man who had been charged on August 9 turned himself up. The teacher was subsequently detained and sent to a nearby court. The court approved bail for him.
Congress leader Alka Lamba slams Aam Aadmi Party over CBI raid
Congress leader Alka Lamba slammed Aam Aadmi Party and also targeted Arvind Kejriwal over the CBI raids on the residence of Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Friday.
Taking to Twitter Lamba said, “If their policy was right, why had they started the prior one by Sheila Dixit when she was CM of Delhi? AAP always criticizes her tenure and now they are following her policies.”
Lamba claimed that the party knows about the corruption of Satendra Jain.
“If you are so honest, why is Satyendra Jain, the Health Minister of Delhi is in custody for the last two months and no AAP worker and not even Arvind Kejriwal came out on the road against his custody,” Lamba added.
“You have spoilt the future of Delhi students with your policies. You (AAP) were promoting the consumption of liquor by giving them an offer and you (AAP) say that you are building the future of Delhi. You have been unmasked and now face the consequences,” Lamba said.
Earlier in the day, the CBI team started raiding more than 21 locations across Delhi-NCR. The CBI is conducting these raids in connection with the alleged excise scam in Delhi.
“Raids are going on at 21 places in Delhi and NCR, including the residence of Manish Sisodia and premises of four public servants in the Excise Policy case,” a CBI official said.
Meanwhile, the CBI officials reached the residence of Manish Sisodia. Sisodia himself has informed about the action of CBI by tweeting.
“CBI has arrived. We are honest, building a future for lakhs of children. Unfortunate that in this country, whoever does good work is hassled just like this, that is why our country is still not number 1,” Sisodia said.
Moreover, Aam Aadmi Party chief and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal came in support of Manish Sisodia. Taking Twitter Kejriwal said, “I welcome CBI. We will cooperate fully. There have been many such probes, and raids in past. Nothing came out. Nothing will come out this time too.”
Earlier in July, Lieutenant Governor V K Saxena demanded a CBI probe into revamped excise policy in Delhi. He also approved the suspension of 11 officials including Gopikrishna and deputy excise commissioner Anand Kumar Tiwari.
Cops rescued abducted minor boy, six arrested
On Thursday, police in Belagavi, Karnataka, rescued a minor boy who had been kidnapped and detained six people in connection with the incident. The event took place inside the boundaries of the Sankeshwar police station, the Belagavi superintendent of police announced on social media.
The sum of the ransom requested by the kidnappers is yet unknown. The Belagavi SP praised the cops who handled the case and stated that they were in charge of the case and said, “In the case of abducting a minor boy registered in Sankeshwar police station and demanding money, the police have arrested six accused who were involved in the act. The work of the officers and staff involved in this search is commendable. @DgpKarnataka @alokkumar6994 @DySPGokak_”
This comes after police at Belagavi’s Nippani rural police station on Wednesday apprehended a burglary suspect and took more than 3 lakh worth of gold jewellery from him.
More details are awaited.
Andhra Pradesh: Fire breaks out in sugar factory, two dead
A fire broke out on Friday in a sugar factory in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh in which two died and six were injured.
Meanwhile, the injured people were rushed to the hospital for treatment. The fire department, electrical department, and police officials were rushed to the incident spot.
According to officials, due to a short circuit, the fire broke out.
“A major fire accident took place in Vakalapudi Sugar Factory near Kakinada. Two people died in this accident. Six others were injured in the incident and another one sustained serious injuries. The prima facie indicates that an explosion occurred due to a short circuit at the conveyor belt in the factory which is used for loading the super bags. The injured were immediately taken to the hospital. The fire department, Electrical department, and police officials are inspecting the area he said. The case is registered,” said Kakinada SP Ravindranath Babu.
However, further investigation into the matter is underway.
Opinion2 years ago
South Block’s mistakes will now be corrected by Army
Sports2 years ago
When a bodybuilder breaks Shoaib’s record
News2 years ago
PM Modi must take governance back from babus
Spiritually Speaking2 years ago
Spiritual beings having a human experience
News2 years ago
Chinese general ordered attack on Indian troops: US intel report
Legally Speaking2 years ago
Law relating to grant, rejection and cancellation of bail
Royally Speaking2 years ago
The young royal dedicated to the heritage of Jaipur
Sports2 years ago
West Indies avoid follow-on, England increase lead to 219