Kit Harington and Rose Leslie welcome their first child - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Kit Harington and Rose Leslie welcome their first child

Published

on

Washington (US), February 17 (ANI): ‘Game of Thrones’ sweethearts turned off-screen married couple Kit Harington and Rose Leslie are officially now parents, after welcoming their first child together.
According to E! News, Kit Harington and Rose Leslie, who announced back in September that they were expecting their first child, confirmed the news of welcoming a baby boy, by stepping out with their newborn in London.
For ‘Game of Thrones’ fans, the couple’s real-life love story was a long time coming as they also portrayed star-crossed lovers Jon Snow and his lover Ygritte on the small screen. He was a brother of the Night’s Watch with world-changing secrets in his past, she a part of the rebel wildlings.
Kit and Rose officially began as a family in 2018 when the stars tied the knot in Scotland after dating on and off since 2012. (ANI)

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Richa Chadha, Ali Fazal announce first production venture ‘Girls Will Be Girls’

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], March 4 (ANI): Bollywood stars and rumoured couple Richa Chadha and Ali Fazal are collaborating as producers for their first production venture titled ‘Girl Will Be Girls’.
The upcoming project is a part of their newly-launched production company Pushing Buttons Studios. Indian film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh shared the news on his Instagram handle.
He wrote, “RICHA CHADHA – ALI FAZAL TURN PRODUCERS… #RichaChadha and #AliFazal turn producers, announce their production company: Pushing Buttons Studios… The first script to be green-lit under their banner is titled #GirlsWillBeGirls and will be directed by Shuchi Talati.”
Taran added, “GirlsWillBeGirls is the only #Indian script invited to the prestigious Berlinale Script Station 2021… A lab that selects only 10 projects from around the world each year.”

As per Variety, the film is being written and directed by Shuchi Talati. The movie is set in an elite boarding school in a small Himalayan hill town in northern India and follows the story of a 16-year-old girl, whose rebellious coming-of-age is hijacked by her mother who never got to come-of-age.
The production company, set up with a view to narrate stories rooted in the Indian ethos for a global audience, will kick off with ‘Girls Will Be Girls’, the only Indian selection of the 10 projects chosen for the Berlinale Talents Script Station program this year.
The script has also been selected for the Jerusalem Sam Spiegel Film Lab, and it won a New York State Council of the Arts Grant for development.
Talati has previously helmed several shorts including ‘A Period Piece’, which was an SXSW selection in 2020.
“I like my work to challenge dominant narratives around gender, sexuality, and the Indian identity,” said Talati.
Talati and Chadha had first presented the project at the 2018 Film Bazaar in Goa, organised by India’s National Film Development Corporation. Indian company Crawling Angel Films and France’s Dolce Vita Films boarded the project there.
Speaking about the project, Chadha said, “The world that Shuchi has created is relatable, often cruel but never hopeless or nihilistic. Its honest awkwardness will make you chuckle, not weep.”
“This is the first time that Richa and I are collaborating on a film as producers and the experience so far has been very rewarding,” said Fazal.
Fazal added, “This film being our first is close to our hearts. I am also excited that our studio will enter the market with such a progressive, female-led story. We hope to be able to tell thought-provoking and universal stories with humour and love.”
Crawling Angel’s Sanjay Gulati and Pooja Chauhan and Dolce Vita’s Claire Chassagne will produce alongside Chadha and Fazal. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Shreya Ghoshal announces first pregnancy, says ‘baby Shreyaditya is on its way’

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], March 4 (ANI): Bollywood playback singer Shreya Ghoshal on Thursday surprised her fans by announcing the news of her first pregnancy on social media.
The 36-year-old singer took to her Instagram handle and shared a picture showing off her baby bump, as she announced the thrilling news.
She captioned the post, “Baby #Shreyaditya is on its way! @shiladitya and me are thrilled to share this news with you all. Need all your love and blessings as we prepare ourselves for this new chapter in our lives.”
In the picture, Shreya looks stunning in a multi-coloured printed attire as she shows off her baby bump with a sweet smile on her face.

The talented singer, who has mesmerised audiences with melodious songs like ‘Manwa Laage’, ‘Piyu Bole’ and ‘Bairi Piya’, tied the knot with her long-time beau Shiladitya in a private ceremony on February 5, 2015. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

David Schwimmer teases ‘Friends’ reunion details, reveals when it will be shot

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 4 (ANI): American actor David Schwimmer recently revealed some new details regarding the upcoming ‘Friends’ reunion while finally sharing when the special will be shot.
As per People magazine, Schwimmer, who played Ross Gellar in the hit sitcom, confirmed in an interview on SiriusXM’s Radio Andy on Wednesday that the upcoming HBO Max special, which will bring the core cast back together, will be taping soon.
Speaking about it, Schwimmer said, “It’s happening. Actually, in a little over a month, I’m heading out to L.A.”
“So, finally, I mean, we figured out a way to film it safely and there’s going to be a portion of it that we filmed outside because of, you know, for safety protocols,” added Schwimmer.
The conversation then turned to who is and who is not hosting the special when Andy Cohen asked if Ellen DeGeneres had been booked for the gig.
However, Schwimmer shut down the possibility of DeGeneres’ involvement, and then explained to Cohen that he is unsure if he can reveal who is hosting the reunion special. “I can tell you it’s not Ellen, and it’s not Billy Crystal. I can tell you who it’s not, but that’ll take a while, probably,” the actor said.
The sitcom’s reunion was first announced in February 2020 by HBO Max and was scheduled to premiere that May, but was delayed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

“Unfortunately it’s very sad that we had to move it again. It was, ‘How do we do this with live audiences?’ This is not a safe time. Period. That’s the bottom line. It’s not a safe time to do it,” Aniston told Deadline in August.
She added, “It’s going to be super. I choose to see it as the glass is half-full that it got postponed. Look, we’re not going anywhere. You’re never going to get rid of Friends, sorry. You’re stuck with us for life, guys.”
Kudrow, who played the eclectic Phoebe Buffay in the series, revealed in January that she and her costars have already shot some scenes for the reunion.
“There’s different facets to it, and we already shot packages of things. I pre-shot something already so we’re definitely doing it, because I already shot a little something,” she said on the Literally! With Rob Lowe podcast.
Kudrow also clarified that the cast will not be reprising their iconic Friends characters, but chatting as themselves. She said, “It’s not a reboot. It’s not like a scripted thing, we’re not portraying our characters. It’s us getting together, which just doesn’t happen a lot and has never happened in front of other people since 2004 when we stopped.”
The American sitcom was touted as one of the most popular ones and is still the talk of the town among fans, who are eagerly waiting to see their favourite stars back together.
‘Friends’ originally aired for 10 seasons from 1994 through 2004 and starred Schwimmer, Aniston, Kudrow, Courteney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, and Matthew Perry.
The beloved sitcom followed the story of six friends in their 20s and 30s who live in Manhattan, New York City. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

SAG Awards 2021 to be hour-long, pre-taped

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 4 (ANI): This year’s Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards are going to a bit different as the ceremony has undergone major changes owing to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Unlike the recent Golden Globes 2021 hybrid format, which featured some in-person and virtual appearances, the SAG Awards 2021 will be completely virtual and pre-taped.
As per Variety, the award show, airing on April 4, will also only run for one hour. The SAG Awards will not have a host, a red carpet, or even a set.
The ceremony will include the presentation of 13 awards and feature comedy bits as well as the traditional ‘I Am An Actor’ segments from nominees and other presenters. The event will also include an ‘In Memoriam’ segment.
Among performers who have already signed on to participate are Sterling K. Brown, Lily Collins, Daveed Diggs, Ted Danson, and Mary Steenburgen.
“We’re looking at trying to do a unique award ceremony in an hour and leave people saying, which they very rarely do with an awards show, ‘Man, I wish we had more,'” co-executive producer Todd Milliner told Variety.
The awards will be handed out in the days ahead of the air date in Zoom rooms for each category, where the nominees will gather and the winner will be announced. The winner will then get the chance to make an acceptance speech. This means spoilers are possible, but co-executive producer Kathy Connell hopes that won’t happen.
“We hope they respect the show enough and everybody does, and their fellow actors, that they don’t want to disappoint the audience at home by letting any surprises go,” Connell said of nominees who will know outcomes ahead of the show’s airdate.
Apart from Milliner and Connell, ‘Will and Grace’ actor Sean Hayes is also a part of the team of executive producers.
The much-awaited nominations for the 27th Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards were announced last month, with ‘Ma Rainey` Black Bottom,’ Da 5 Bloods’, ‘Minari,’ ‘One Night in Miami’ and ‘The Trial of the Chicago 7’ featuring prominently in the nomination list.
Late actor Chadwick Boseman received two posthumous nominations from the SAG Awards.
Originally, the award show was scheduled for January 24, before the pandemic forced a move to March 14. But when the Grammys shifted to that date, the SAG Awards moved again, to April 4. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

Meghan Markle claims royal family is ‘perpetuating falsehoods about us’

Published

on

By

Washington [US], March 4 (ANI): Meghan Markle did not hold back her feelings toward Buckingham Palace and claimed that the royal family is “perpetuating falsehoods” about them in a new teaser for American talk show host Oprah Winfrey’s upcoming tell-all interview.
On Wednesday, CBS released yet another sneak peek of the Meghan and Prince Harry’s interview, in which the former ‘Suits’ actor accused the royal family of “perpetuating falsehoods” about the couple.
This accusation came to light when Oprah asked Meghan, “How do you feel about the Palace hearing you speak your truth today?” to which Meghan said that “there’s a lot that’s been lost already” in regards to her relationship with the royal family.
“I don’t know how they could expect that after all of this time, we would still just be silent if there is an active role that the firm is playing in perpetuating falsehoods about us,” the Duchess of Sussex said in the clip.
“And if that comes with the risk of losing things, I mean — there’s a lot that has been lost already,” she added.
As per Variety, Oprah’s interview with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex is set to air on Sunday on CBS and promises to dive into the couple’s experience with royal life, handling the public eye, and their future goals.
The CBS special will feature a wide-ranging interview between Oprah and Meghan on subjects spanning from “stepping into life as a royal, marriage, motherhood, philanthropic work to how she is handling life under intense public pressure.”
Harry will later join the women to discuss “their move to the United States and their future hopes and dreams for their expanding family.”
The special is produced by Harpo Productions. Terry Wood and Tara Montgomery will executive produce, along with co-executive producer Brian Piotrowicz.
Oprah is no stranger to the couple. She was a guest at their 2018 wedding in England. Apart from attending Meghan and Prince Harry’s wedding at Windsor Castle, Oprah is also one of the couple’s neighbours in their Montecito, California neighbourhood, where they moved last summer.
Oprah is also teaming up with the Duke of Sussex for a mental health docuseries for Apple TV+. In a 2019 interview with podcast host Bryony Gordon, Harry said the series, which will premiere this spring, will unveil examples of “human spirit fighting back from the darkest places.”
In early 2020, Meghan and Harry had announced that they were quitting royal duties and moving to North America, citing what they said were the unbearable intrusions and racist attitudes of the British media. They live in Santa Barbara, California, and are expecting their second child.
Apart from the upcoming interview, the pair struck a major multi-year deal with Netflix in September that will see them developing documentaries, feature films, scripted television shows, and children’s series.
They also recently launched a podcast on Spotify under their Archwell Audio production company, with the goal of building “community through shared experience, narratives, and values.”
Harry and Meghan, who tied the knot in 2018, welcomed their first child, Archie Harrison, in May 2019. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Lifestyle & Entertainment

SINGER HARSHDEEP KAUR, HUSBAND WELCOME JUNIOR ‘SINGH’

Published

on

MUMBAI: Singer Harshdeep Kaur on Wednesday shared the news with fans that she has been blessed with a child. The singer and her husband Mankeet Singh welcomed their first child, a boy, on 2 March. Harshdeep tweeted, “A little bit of heaven just came down to earth and has made us Mommy & Daddy. Our Junior ‘Singh’ has arrived and we couldn’t be happier!” The singer also shared a throwback photo from her pregnancy days with husband Mankeet, where he is holding a tiny T-shirt.

Reacting to her tweet, fans and followers showered love and wishes for the newborn and also posted congratulatory messages for the new parents. Harshdeep had announced the news of her pregnancy with this tweet in the first week of February: “So excited to meet this little baby who is half me and half the one I love the most. Junior Kaur/Singh arriving in March 2021. Need your Blessings.”

Harshdeep tied the knot with childhood friend Mankeet in a hush-hush ceremony on 20 March 2015. The wedding was attended by family and close friends.

Continue Reading

Trending