Alerting her fans to take safety precautions amid the coronavirus pandemic, Katrina Kaif on Monday shared a picture sporting a face shield, face mask, and a thin robe to protect herself from Covid-19. The ‘Namaste London’ actress posted a picture on Instagram in which she is seen embracing the safety gears as she sports them, while she keeps ‘Safety First’. In the snap, the Humko Deewana Kar Gaye actress is seen in an all back ensemble as she covered herself with a robe while striking a pose for the lens. The ‘Bang Bang’ actress captioned the post as, “Safety first (a masked emoji) outfits not bad either (along with a slightly smiling face emoji).”
The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.
Sonu Sood helps Jhansi villagers, promises to tackle water scarcity by installing handpumps
New Delhi [India], February 26 (ANI): Bollywood actor Sonu Sood, who has been in the limelight because of his philanthropic work, recently extended support to a village in Jhansi after a man approached the actor with the concern of no water in his village, due to which the villagers were facing problems.
In order to help the villagers, the 47-year-old actor started the work of getting hand pumps installed there. Speaking about it, Sood said, “These guys asked because there was no water, the kids in the family were really suffering. They had to walk kilometers to get the water, so we are getting handpumps installed there, so the water scarcity will totally go and the villagers are very very excited as its the first time that something like this has happened to them.”
He further said, “The whole community is pretty excited and in fact, they are all standing at the venue where the handpumps are being installed. It’s a pretty exciting sight and hopefully, someday I will also go and drink some water from those handpumps. This is special for me also.”
Previously, Sood had extended support to the family of a 45-year-old man, who had lost his life due to the Uttarakhand glacier burst.
Sood has consistently helped many underprivileged families during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. His noble gestures inspired many and were widely lauded by politicians, peers, and fans and earned him the title of a Messiah and a real-life superhero.
Separately, on the film front, Sood recently announced a new movie titled ‘Kisaan’, to be directed by E Niwas and backed by filmmaker Raaj Shaandilyaa. Apart from that, he will also feature in Chiranjeevi-starrer upcoming Telugu movie ‘Acharya’.
Sood will also be seen in Akshay Kumar-starrer ‘Prithviraj’, which is slated to release on November 5, this year. (ANI)
Vivek Agnihotri comments on new OTT guidelines, says ‘demands finally being met’
New Delhi [India], February 26 (ANI): Reacting to the new rules for digital news organisations, social media portals, and OTT platforms announced on Thursday, Bollywood director Vivek Agnihotri said that he believes “guidelines should be there and this is a good move.”
As the Union Ministers Prakash Javadekar and Ravi Shankar Prasad addressed a press conference to finalise the new rules, there were some new changes included to enhance strict oversight mechanisms involving several ministries.
With regards to the new guidelines, Vivek Agnihotri said, “There has been a demand since a long time especially from teachers, parents, activist to have a control on the perversion on OTT platforms. And it is in a way good, to know that the new guidelines address it. And they also will be considering the women who are objectified or any kind of disrespect shown towards women, which is a very good move.”
He further said, “Secondly the most important one, is that they have also made sure that if anyone has an issue, they can sort it out within 15days after being registered within 24 hours, this also allows the public to be involved and feel heard. Now we would also have an idea who we will be talking to especially with regards to social media, which I think is a good thing! I believe guidelines should be there and this is a good move.”
The all-new code of ethics which was announced on Thursday mandated intermediaries to ensure and exercise “due caution and discretion” in relation to the general principles around online curated content.
The main goal of these new guidelines is that the all-new document by the government would definitely caution online content platforms, perhaps not to impact India’s sovereignty and integrity.
Content on OTT platforms had recently fuelled controversy, leading to public outcry and the booking of makers of some programs.
Union Minister of Information and Broadcasting Prakash Javadekar had on January 31 announced that the Ministry will soon release guidelines on OTT platforms as it had been receiving a lot of complaints against some serials available online. (ANI)
Hrithik Roshan’s statement to be recorded tomorrow in case against Kangana Ranaut
Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], February 26 (ANI): Bollywood megastar Hrithik Roshan has been summoned to appear before the Mumbai crime branch at 11 am on Saturday to record his statement in a case he registered against actor Kangana Ranaut in 2016 involving an exchange of emails between the two.
In 2016, Roshan had filed a complaint alleging that someone impersonating him was emailing Ranaut from a bogus email id. Kangana had then claimed that the email id was provided to her by Roshan and they had been communicating through the same email id till 2014. The emails were allegedly sent in 2013 and 2014.
In 2016, Roshan had sent a legal notice to Ranaut after she had referred to him as a silly ex. Roshan had denied having any kind of relationship with Ranaut. The two actors had worked together in the films ‘Kites’ (2010) and ‘Krrish 3’ (2013). Roshan had then claimed that Ranaut had been sending him hundreds of absurd emails. In 2016, the Cyber Cell had also taken Roshan’s laptop and phone for investigation.
Roshan had accused Ranaut of harassing him by sending him hundreds of emails. Following an initial probe, police recorded Ranaut’s statement after concluding that the emails were allegedly sent from her id. However, Ranaut has denied sending emails to Roshan.
In December 2020, the case, which was earlier with the Cyber Cell of the Mumbai police, was transferred to Criminal Intelligence Unit (CIU) on a request made by Roshan’s lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani. (ANI)
Hrithik’s statement to be recorded in imposter case involving Kangana Ranaut
The Criminal Investigation Unit (CIU) investigating Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan’s complaint against an unknown imposter is likely to call Hrithik to record his statement in the next couple of days. The crime branch is likely to issue summons to the actor and call him to record his statement as early as Friday. After his statement, CIU will also call actress Kangana Ranaut to record her statement. In 2016 Hrithik alleged that he had been receiving emails from an account that was in the name of Kangana, however, she denied the account to be hers.
On 14 December, a complaint of impersonation, lodged by Hrithik in May 2014 against “unidentified individuals”, was transferred from the Mumbai Police’s Cyber Cell to the CIU. The transfer follows a letter written by the actor’s lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani to the Mumbai Police Commissioner regarding the lack of progress in the case.
In 2014, Hrithik had filed the impersonation complaint after days of a heated exchange with Kangana. The altercation between them, who worked together in ‘Krrish 3’, had begun when Hrithik sent Kangana a legal notice after she referred to him as her “silly ex” during an interview.
Hrithik first responded on Twitter, disputing the existence of any previous romantic relationship with Kangana. He wrote that there were more chances of him having had “an affair with Pope”.
Hrithik followed this with a legal notice, demanding a public apology from her. Kangana refused to apologise, claiming that the two had been romantically involved in 2014. She sent a counter-notice to Hrithik, asking him to take his notice back or face a criminal case.
Hrithik’s legal notice alleged mental harassment by Kangana. It claimed that she had sent him 1,439 emails, to which he never responded, besides telling people in the film industry that they had been in a relationship. It suggested that whoever Kangana had been in touch with was an imposter, pretending to be Hrithik.
Kangana denied the suggestion, saying that the particular email id used for her correspondence with him had been given to her by Hrithik himself. She added that the email had been kept private so as to prevent it from having a negative impact on the divorce proceedings between Hrithik and his ex-wife Sussanne Khan.
SUSHMITA SEN HAS STARTED SHOOTING FOR AARYA SEASON 2
Sushmita Sen announced that shooting has kickstarted for the second season of her much-anticipated thriller drama series ‘Aarya’ on Thursday. The ‘Main Hoon Na’ actress took to her official social media accounts to share the news with her fans. She posted an extreme close up picture of her eyes where her luscious locks are seen covering half of her face.
Sushmita went on to compliment the post with a short note dedicated to the film and its team and wrote, “She sees a storm coming…in the mirror! #Aarya #season2 ‘your wish is our command’ I love you guys! Let’s do this @madhvaniram @officialrmfilms @disneyplushotstarvip #TeamAarya #duggadugga.” The director of the series Ram Madhvani commented on her post “Welcome back Aarya”.
Sushmita made her comeback with the web series ‘Aarya’ for which she had bagged the title ‘Best Actor in drama series’ by eminent entertainment award platforms like Filmfare, Dada Saheb Phalke, Film Critics Guild, and Raj Kapoor Award. Sikandar Kher, Manish Chaudhari, Namit Das, Chandrachur Singh, and Vinod Rawat were part of the first season of ‘Aarya’.
ADAH SHARMA RESCUES A BIRD, NAMES HER TWITTER
NEW DELHI : We all know about Adah Sharma’s fondness for animals from stray dogs to cats and cows. Her social media is also full of videos bonding with animals. Adah has also shared how she finds it easier to interact with animals than humans. She recently shared a video on Instagram of an injured bird on the set of a movie she is filming. Adah said that she will share the recovery of the bird on Instagram. The adorable videos she has been sharing have been going viral online. Adah asked her fans to suggest a name for the bird. She finally decided to name the bird Twitter. Adah was last seen in ‘Chuha Billi’ which released last week to rave reviews. Her splendid performance as bipolar Katrina has surprised everyone. Adah will next be seen in ‘Commando 4’ and another international action film. She will also be seen in three Hindi films, two Telugu films, and three short films.
Opinion4 months ago
South Block’s mistakes will now be corrected by Army
Sports7 months ago
When a bodybuilder breaks Shoaib’s record
News10 months ago
PM Modi must take governance back from babus
News8 months ago
Chinese general ordered attack on Indian troops: US intel report
Sports7 months ago
West Indies avoid follow-on, England increase lead to 219
News7 months ago
Things don’t add up in Sushant’s suicide: Swamy
Defence8 months ago
GALWAN: CHINA’S INFORMATION WAR
Defence5 months ago
Sino-Indian logjam: Facts, risks, options and the sum of all fears