+

Dog Sets House On Fire in Colorado; Alert from Apple HomePod Saves Family

In a recent incident in the United States, a dog unintentionally started a house fire in Colorado while its owners were asleep. The canine, exploring the kitchen countertop, accidentally activated the oven which ignited nearby boxes, quickly engulfing the home in flames. Fortunately, the family was alerted to the danger by their Apple HomePod, which […]

In a recent incident in the United States, a dog unintentionally started a house fire in Colorado while its owners were asleep. The canine, exploring the kitchen countertop, accidentally activated the oven which ignited nearby boxes, quickly engulfing the home in flames. Fortunately, the family was alerted to the danger by their Apple HomePod, which notified them of “High Heat” detected in the kitchen. One of the homeowners managed to extinguish the fire before emergency services arrived.

The Colorado Springs Fire Department, responding to the incident, emphasized the importance of having operational smoke alarms throughout homes, along with keeping flammable materials away from stoves and ovens. They stressed the need for every household member to know multiple escape routes in case of fire.

The episode drew attention on social media, with users commenting on the necessity of securing kitchen appliances from pets and children alike. Reflecting on the incident, one Facebook user noted, “Should not put flammables on any cooktop gas or electrics. Pets trying to get stuff up there turning on ranges and starting fires is a common insurance claim unfortunately.”

Meanwhile, artist Nova Tugce Kizilet highlighted the broader safety responsibility, stating, “A child at home can do the same. An adult’s job is to shut off the gas when the stove is not in use!”

Amidst the humor sparked by the situation, one user quipped, “Lesson learned: don’t ask your dog to prepare breakfast for you.” The incident serves as a cautionary tale about household safety and vigilance, especially when pets and young children are present.

Tags:

Apple AlertColoradoDogDog Sets House On FireTDGThe Daily Guardian