+

Dead Snake In Bihar's College Canteen Food Hospitalizes 11 Students

Students at an engineering college in Banka, Bihar, have alleged that they discovered a dead snake in the food served at their college mess. According to The Times of India, at least 11 students experienced nausea and vomiting after eating the meal and were subsequently hospitalized. The students are now reported to be in stable […]

Dead Snake found in Bihar's College canteen food
Dead Snake found in Bihar's College canteen food

Students at an engineering college in Banka, Bihar, have alleged that they discovered a dead snake in the food served at their college mess. According to The Times of India, at least 11 students experienced nausea and vomiting after eating the meal and were subsequently hospitalized. The students are now reported to be in stable condition.

A photo of the meal, showing what appears to be a snake-like creature, has been circulating on social media.

Meanwhile, the college administration responded swiftly to the incident by changing the food vendor and fining the responsible party. Furthermore, the administration mandated that the principal and teachers dine with the students daily, according to the report.

The incident occurs just days after a Mumbai-based doctor discovered a half-inch piece of a human finger in their butterscotch ice cream cone, which had been ordered online. On June 12, 26-year-old Brendan Ferrao filed a complaint with the Malad police, resulting in a case being registered against Yummo Ice Creams under sections 272, 273, and 336 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

Following the complaint, the company’s management stated that the ice cream was produced at Fortune Dairy Industries Pvt Ltd in Indapur. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officials visited the units in Indapur and Hadapsar. Consequently, the FSSAI suspended the license of Fortune Dairy Industries.

In another incident, a woman from Noida claimed to have found a centipede inside an ice cream tub she ordered via an instant delivery app. The Noida food safety department took suo motu cognizance of her social media post and reached out to her. Officials collected samples of the brand’s ice cream from the instant delivery company’s store for testing.

Tags:

BankaBihardead snakeengineering collegeTDGThe Daily Guardian