Washington [US], March 4 (ANI): American actor David Schwimmer recently revealed some new details regarding the upcoming ‘Friends’ reunion while finally sharing when the special will be shot.
As per People magazine, Schwimmer, who played Ross Gellar in the hit sitcom, confirmed in an interview on SiriusXM’s Radio Andy on Wednesday that the upcoming HBO Max special, which will bring the core cast back together, will be taping soon.
Speaking about it, Schwimmer said, “It’s happening. Actually, in a little over a month, I’m heading out to L.A.”
“So, finally, I mean, we figured out a way to film it safely and there’s going to be a portion of it that we filmed outside because of, you know, for safety protocols,” added Schwimmer.
The conversation then turned to who is and who is not hosting the special when Andy Cohen asked if Ellen DeGeneres had been booked for the gig.
However, Schwimmer shut down the possibility of DeGeneres’ involvement, and then explained to Cohen that he is unsure if he can reveal who is hosting the reunion special. “I can tell you it’s not Ellen, and it’s not Billy Crystal. I can tell you who it’s not, but that’ll take a while, probably,” the actor said.
The sitcom’s reunion was first announced in February 2020 by HBO Max and was scheduled to premiere that May, but was delayed due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
“Unfortunately it’s very sad that we had to move it again. It was, ‘How do we do this with live audiences?’ This is not a safe time. Period. That’s the bottom line. It’s not a safe time to do it,” Aniston told Deadline in August.
She added, “It’s going to be super. I choose to see it as the glass is half-full that it got postponed. Look, we’re not going anywhere. You’re never going to get rid of Friends, sorry. You’re stuck with us for life, guys.”
Kudrow, who played the eclectic Phoebe Buffay in the series, revealed in January that she and her costars have already shot some scenes for the reunion.
“There’s different facets to it, and we already shot packages of things. I pre-shot something already so we’re definitely doing it, because I already shot a little something,” she said on the Literally! With Rob Lowe podcast.
Kudrow also clarified that the cast will not be reprising their iconic Friends characters, but chatting as themselves. She said, “It’s not a reboot. It’s not like a scripted thing, we’re not portraying our characters. It’s us getting together, which just doesn’t happen a lot and has never happened in front of other people since 2004 when we stopped.”
The American sitcom was touted as one of the most popular ones and is still the talk of the town among fans, who are eagerly waiting to see their favourite stars back together.
‘Friends’ originally aired for 10 seasons from 1994 through 2004 and starred Schwimmer, Aniston, Kudrow, Courteney Cox, Matt LeBlanc, and Matthew Perry.
The beloved sitcom followed the story of six friends in their 20s and 30s who live in Manhattan, New York City. (ANI)
The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.
For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.
RAHMAN DEDICATES LAGAAN’S ‘CHALE CHALO’ TO DHONI
MUMBAI: Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman has dedicated ‘Chale Chalo’ from the movie Lagaan to CSK skipper M.S. Dhoni as it motivates the team to play together. Rahman also dedicated the song ‘Mangta Hai Kya’ from the movie Rangeela to CSK all-rounder Suresh Raina.
Speaking on Star Sports show Cricket Live, Rahman said, “I would like to dedicate the song ‘Chale Chalo’ from the movie Lagaan to M.S. Dhoni, as it motivates people to play cricket together. And for Suresh Raina, I would like to dedicate the song ‘Mangta Hai Kya’, because whenever I went to Bangalore, they were listening to songs from Rangeela.”
AJAY DEVGN, SIDDHARTH ROY KAPUR JOIN HANDS TO PRODUCE COMEDY-DRAMA ‘GOBAR!’
MUMBAI: Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn has joined hands with Siddharth Roy Kapur, and announced his upcoming comedy-drama ‘GOBAR!’ on Friday.
The ‘Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior’ star took to Twitter and shared a picture featuring him, Siddharth and filmmaker Sabal Shekhawat as he announced the team of his upcoming venture. With a common endeavour to create quality entertainment, the two stalwarts have announced this exciting new collaboration. The forthcoming film will be directed by renowned ad filmmaker Sabal Shekhawat and is written by Sabal Shekhawat and Sambhit Mishra.
He wrote, “Joining forces with @roykapurfilms to bring you an aMOOsing story from the heartland of India – GOBAR! #SiddharthRoyKapur #SabalShekhawat #SambitMishra @Meena_Iyer@KumarMangat@malvika25.”
Set in the cow belt of India during the 1990s, ‘GOBAR!’ is an amusing satire inspired by true events that transpire when an idiosyncratic animal-loving veterinary doctor chances upon a tangled web of corruption in his local state hospital. The film is a one-of-a-kind comedy themed on one man’s hilariously bumbling and ridiculously brave journey to stand up against corruption.
Producer Siddharth Roy Kapur shares, “GOBAR! is a story that chronicles the seemingly pointless but ultimately heroic journey of a simple citizen who deals with corruption in a way that will bring on many laughs, much adventure, and ultimately a simple message about the power of the common man.
JENNIFER LOPEZ STILL HAS A-ROD’S ENGAGEMENT RING IN HER POSSESSION
WASHINGTON [US]: American stars Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez may have broken up, but her possession of the engagement ring may prove to be a binding source between them. While as per the traditions, when a couple breaks up before hitting the alter, the person who proposes gets the ring back. But this is not the case with J Lo and Ro and the ‘Second Act’ actor has not returned her USD 1 million ring back to his ex-fiance yet. Sources told TMZ that “J Lo still has the ring in her possession” and there has been no discussion between both the stars over the fate of the ring.
However, sources added that the former couple exchanged “massive amounts of jewellery” during their 2 years of engagement. “A-Rod bedazzled J Lo with all sorts of bling, and she fortified his watch collection. So, they could just call it a wash, but they haven’t decided yet.”
TMZ also reported that the ring is not in the Dominican Republic even. “She didn’t want it lying around every day while she films … for security reasons,” the source explained.
The American singer Jennifer Lopez and New York Yankees baseball star Alex Rodriguez had confirmed their split on Thursday. The two issued a joint statement that read, “We have realized we are better as friends and look forward to remaining so. We will continue to work together and support each other on our shared projects.”
KANGANA RANAUT PAYS TRIBUTE TO COMEDY LEGEND CHARLIE CHAPLIN
NEW DELHI: On the 132nd birth anniversary of comedy legend Charlie Chaplin, Bollywood star Kangana Ranaut commemorated the occasion by paying a tribute to the late artist on her social media.
The ‘Queen’ actor took to her Twitter handle on Friday and marked Chaplin’s birth anniversary by sharing a few black and white pictures of him, describing the comic as one of the most dynamic artists ever. Kangana tweeted, “Today is the birth anniversary of the greatest most dynamic multifaceted artist, an actor/comedian, an extraordinary storyteller/director a super successful film producer, highly skilled editor and par excellence screen writer n composer, Happy birthday Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin.”
Actor Ranvir Shorey responded to Kangana’s tweet with his own tribute, and called Chaplin the “greatest”. He tweeted, “The greatest. Happy Birthday!”
Sir Charles Spencer Chaplin was an English comedian, actor, and filmmaker, who managed to achieve tons of affection and praises in 75 years of his career. He was born in London in 1889 and is still known worldwide for his signature style of silent comedy. Chaplin is widely regarded as one of the most brilliant comics, as well as acting figures in the history of the cinema.
Meanwhile, on the work front, Kangana Ranaut’s much-awaited project ‘Thalaivi’ which was slated to get a theatrical release on April 23, this year got postponed due to the rise in the number of COVID-19 cases. Apart from this she also has ‘Tejas’, ‘Dhaakad’, and ‘Manikarnika Returns: The Legend Of Didda’ in the pipeline.
Kangana has also signed up to play the role of former PM Indira Gandhi in an upcoming political drama.
PARINEETI-STARRER ‘SAINA’ TO PREMIERE ON AMAZON PRIME ON 23 APRIL
MUMBAI: Bollywood actor Parineeti Chopra starrer biographical sports film based on life of badminton champion Saina Nehwal ‘Saina’ is set to premiere on April 23 on Amazon Prime Video.
Amazon Prime Video took to Instagram on Friday and announced the digital premiere of the recently released Bollywood sports biopic, ‘Saina’.
With Parineeti Chopra as the lead, the film follows the career highs and lows of Saina Nehwal, one of India’s ace shuttlers and one of the most celebrated badminton players in the country. The biopic highlights the people who have been an integral part of Sania’s professional journey and contributed to building her resilience and unbreakable spirit.
The ‘Ishqzaade’ star shared how she feels about the film’s digital release. She said, “I am extremely thrilled with the film having a global digital premiere on Amazon Prime Video, bringing such an inspirational story to audiences across the world. With this film, I have learnt that a biographical film comes with many challenges; my biggest challenge as an actor was to get into Saina Nehwal’s shoes and recreate her accomplishments and hardships”
“As an actor, I embraced each challenge, and I do think that I learnt a lot as a professional. I worked on the physical appearance and the right body language, and I am glad it worked out in my favour. I had a great time working on this film,” she added .
Producer Bhushan Kumar said, “Saina is a story of a young girl who dared to dream and dared to achieve. Her story needs to be heard and seen and we are glad through the platform of Amazon Prime Video everyone can witness this journey of success.”
HAS KARTIK AARYAN BEEN DROPPED FROM ‘DOSTANA 2’?
NEW DELHI: If Bollywood sources are to be believed, actor Kartik Aaryan has been dropped from Dharma Productions’ Dostana 2. Sources say that the producers had to take this drastic decision because Kartik Aaryan has been acting difficult with the makers.
The film is already half shot and now it’s going to be a challenge for the makers to reshoot it with a new actor who fits the part. This means a huge monetary loss for Dharma Productions as they have to reshoot half a film all over again and also cover-up on the lost time. There were also rumours of Kartik and Janhvi Kapoor’s break, could have played a role in this huge professional debacle.
Kartik, who was excited to be a part of the project, had told news agency PTI: “The evolution is from one Dostana to the other. Dostana one that released in 2008 and the Dostana 2 that’s releasing in 2020, you will see that the representation is accurate, non-caricaturish and on point, talking about sexuality in a way that will not make you cringe while watching it. So therein lies the fact that in last 12 years, there has been a change in the way we depict gay characters. Even in Kapoor & Sons and the way it was depicted.”
Opinion6 months ago
South Block’s mistakes will now be corrected by Army
Sports9 months ago
When a bodybuilder breaks Shoaib’s record
News12 months ago
PM Modi must take governance back from babus
News10 months ago
Chinese general ordered attack on Indian troops: US intel report
Sports9 months ago
West Indies avoid follow-on, England increase lead to 219
Spiritually Speaking8 months ago
Spiritual beings having a human experience
Defence10 months ago
GALWAN: CHINA’S INFORMATION WAR
News9 months ago
Things don’t add up in Sushant’s suicide: Swamy