Bihar: 100 students fall sick after snake found in mid-day meal

On Saturday, approximately 100 students at a government school in Bihar’s Araria district became ill after consuming a mid-day meal in which a dead snake was discovered.

According to state Education Department officials, only 30 students became ill and were admitted to Forbisganj sub-divisional hospital, where their conditions are said to be stable.

The incident occurred at Amauna middle school, which is located in the district’s Jogbani police station area. According to the school administration, the food (Khichari) was provided by an outside vendor.

When the villagers learned of the incident, they rushed to the school to find out what had happened to their children. Many students were taken to Forbesganj sub-divisional hospital for treatment right away.

“It is shocking that a snake was found in the mid-day meal. We have initiated an inquiry into the matter. Action will be initiated against the agency based on the probe report. The conditions of students are out of danger,” said Surendra Albela, SDO of Forbesganj.

In another case, insects were discovered in eggs served with midday meals in Bihar’s Siwan district.

On Saturday, the incident occurred at Chotka Tadila under the jurisdiction of the town police station. The children were served rice, pulses, and eggs by the school administration. Insects were discovered in the eggs after the children removed the shells.

Even though the students complained that the eggs were rotten, the school administration cooked and served them. Following the incidents, parents stormed the school and caused a commotion.

Latest news

Related news