Ankita Bhandari murder accused to undergo Narco test

Ankita Bhandari

Arya, the expelled BJP leader’s son, was found in Rishikesh’s Chilla canal.

The accused in the Ankita Bhandari murder case, which shook the nation, will undergo narco test, said the Uttrakhand police on Sunday. The investigation in the case which involves an expelled BJP leader’s son is almost complete, only the narco test of the accused is remaining.
“An application will be filed in the court for the narco test of Ankita’s killers, including the main accused Pulkit Arya. “Things will be clearer after the narco test is done. Our investigation is almost complete,” Chief Spokesperson of the Uttarakhand Police headquarters Additional Director General (ADG) V Murgeshan said addressing a press conference.
On September 24, the death of 19-year-old Ankita, a receptionist at a resort managed by Pulkit Arya, the expelled BJP leader’s son, was found in Rishikesh’s Chilla canal.
Before the authorities discovered her lifeless body, she had been reported missing for at least six days.
For his apparent involvement in the matter, the son of the ousted BJP politician was detained. Following criticism from the opposition parties over the incident, Vinod Arya was swiftly dismissed from the BJP government under Pushkar Singh Dhami, the chief minister.
Following an altercation, Pulkit Arya was detained in connection with the case for allegedly pushing the woman into a canal. Ankit Gupta and Saurabh Bhaskar, two additional suspects, were also taken into custody.
On November 29, the Uttarakhand Police announced that its Special Investigation Team (SIT) was looking into the murder of Ankita Bhandari and had thought about subjecting all three suspects to a narco-analysis test.
Sona Devi and Virender Singh Bhandari, Ankita’s mother and father, had petitioned the Nainital High Court in November to have the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) look into the case.
The Gangster Act was used against the three defendants in the case, including main defendant Pulkit Arya, amid requests from the victim’s family that the investigation be turned over to the CBI.