Actress Gehana Vasisth arrested in alleged porn racket - The Daily Guardian
Connect with us

News

Actress Gehana Vasisth arrested in alleged porn racket

Preeti Sompura

Published

on

The Property Cell of the Mumbai Police’s Crime Branch has arrested actress and model Gehana Vasisth for her alleged role in shooting and uploading porn videos on a website. The Mumbai Police arrested the actor after it received complaints from at least three more victims who said that they were forced into doing porn films.

So far, Gehana has shot 87 pornographic videos and uploaded them on her websites where people have to pay subscription fees of up to Rs. 2,000 to watch the content. The police seized three bank accounts associated with the racket, with a balance of Rs. 36 lakh that was generated through the subscription fees. The police also recovered six mobile phones, a camera and related equipment, a laptop, memory cards and Rs 5.68 lakh in cash.

Gehana Vasisth aka Vandana Tiwari allegedly lured new and struggling actors who were seeking to make a career in the entertainment industry, and paid them Rs 15,000-20,000 to work for her movies, said a police officer privy to the case.

Based on a series of complaints, a team of the Crime Branch raided a Green Park bungalow in Madh Island in Malad and the houses of several others, including Yasmin Beg Khan alias Rowa (producer and director), Pratibha Nalawade (graphic designer), Monu Gopaldas Joshi (actor), Bhanusuryam Thakur (assistant) and Mohammed Asif alias Saify (cameraman).

Reportedly, a case has been registered under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code, Information Technology Act and Female Subliminal Form Prohibition Act. All the accused have been sent to custody till February 10.

Meanwhile, Gehana’s press and legal teams issued a statement, calling her innocent and alleging that her business rivals were falsely implicating her. “Gehana Vasisth aka Vandana Tiwari is totally innocent. She is not involved in any porn film racket…She is being trapped or made a victim by vested interests and business competitors who are out to defame her. As the producer and director of her company GV Studios, she has only produced and directed films that are permissible in law and at most can be classified or categorized as ‘erotica’,” the statement said.

“Unfortunately, Mumbai Police, which is otherwise the best police force in the world, has mixed up and clubbed together Gehena’s erotica film making work with hard porn and hard porn makers in India,” the legal team stated. They further added that they have full faith in the judiciary and the Indian legal system.

“There is a legal difference between erotica or sensual or bold films and hardcore porn, but unfortunately, we are really saddened by the fact that the cops have clubbed both together. We hope the courts will identify the difference and give Gehana justice in the coming days,” said her legal team.

The Daily Guardian is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@thedailyguardian) and stay updated with the latest headlines.

For the latest news Download The Daily Guardian App.

News

Milind Ekbote terms Kondhwa a ‘mini Pakistan’, booked by Pune Police

Published

on

By

Pune (Maharashtra) [India], March 6 (ANI): A case has been registered against Samast Hindu Aghadi president Milind Ekbote by Pune Police for allegedly making a video with the intent to disturb communal harmony as he called Kondhwa a ‘Mini Pakistan’.
In a video that has surfaced on social media, Ekbote opposed the Pune Municipal Corporation’s decision to allot money for building Haj House in the Kondhwa area.
“Pune Municipal Corporation’s decision to build Haj House in Kondhwa is unfortunate. The decision of the PMC will endanger the life of the people, the central intelligence agency’s report says Kondhwa is ‘Mini Pakistan’ and it has a sleeper cell of terrorists and under the grab of building a cultural place, the administration is violating the Supreme Court’s order which restricts building a religious place without approval from the administration,” Ekbote purportedly said in the video.
He also said that his organisation would do every possible thing to make sure this Haj house is not built in the area with Rs four crore of public money that the Municipal corporation is likely to spend.
“Complainant Satish Kale, who is a leader of the Sambhaji Brigade organisation, has claimed that Ekbote’s statement not only disturbs the communal environment in the city but also provokes a particular community against others,” as mentioned in the FIR.
A case under section 153,153(a),153(b),295(a),500,501,502,120(b) and 505(1)(C),505(2) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) along with several other relevant sections has been registered with Kondhwa Police Station.
Ekbote was accused in the Bhima Koregaon violence case and was booked on charges of inciting violence in that case. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

69th Senior National Volleyball C’ship kickstarts in Bhubaneswar

Published

on

By

Bhubaneswar (Odisha) [India], March 6 (ANI): The 69th Senior National Volleyball Championship has kick-started at the Biju Patnaik Indoor Stadium in KIIT Deemed to be University here in which for the first time, players from union territory Ladakh are participating in the championships.
Over 1200 volleyball players — both men and women — are participating in the tournament slated which started on Friday and will continue till March 11.
Speaking to ANI, Rigzin Lhamo, women captain of Ladakh said, “Our team is participating for the first time. Earlier we were selected in the Jammu and Kashmir team in which the preference was given to the players of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh was neglected. This time we have got an opportunity to represent ourselves.”
Mohammad Javed, captain of Ladakh men’s team, said that for the first time after Ladakh was declared a union territory, both the 12 men’s and 12 women’s teams have participated in the tournament.
“Earlier we used to play with Jammu and Kashmir, so we couldn’t get enough chances. For the first time after Ladakh was declared a union territory, both the 12 men’s and 12 women’s teams have participated in the tournament. This is the first experience for us and we have learned a lot from this. After returning from this place, we will develop our game further and improve our team,” he said.
Baqir Ali, coach of the men team from Ladakh, said that an indoor stadium at Ladakh will help them to develop their game further. “There is a talent but there is a lack of exposure and coaching. If we develop these, then the players can represent India.”
Anil Choudhury, Secretary-General, Volleyball Federation of India (VFI), told ANI that a total of 30 men’s teams and 20 women’s teams are participating in the tournament.
The selection of the Indian volleyball team for the Asian Championships and other international tournaments will be conducted based on performance in the senior nationals. The selection committee of both men’s and women’s teams is present for the duration of the tournament.
The championships are being held under the aegis of VFI. In a first for volleyball, Odisha is hosting two consecutive senior nationals as the previous edition was also held here. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Interstate arms racket busted in Delhi, 24 firearms seized, 3 held

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], March 6 (ANI): Three interstate arms suppliers have been apprehended by Delhi Police with 24 illegal firearms in Rohini area on Thursday night.
The accused identified as Bhuvanesh Kumar, Roukesh Kumar and Chanderveer Singh have been booked under section 411 of the Indian Penal Code and 25 of Arms Act.
A consignment of 24 illegal weapons along with the mobile phone, SIM card and a stolen car being used in supply of illegal arms has been recovered from them.
A strategic trap was laid acting on specific information about two arms suppliers of Uttar Pradesh who are regular supplier of arms and ammunition to different gangs in Delhi will come near Helipad area, Rohini for supply of large consignment of illegal arms.
“At about 10:25 PM, a white colour car stopped at the T-Point near Helipad on the road towards Karala. Two persons got off from the car, one with black shoulder bag and another with a white carry bag. Both were identified by the secret informer and were warned to surrender before the police team but they did not bother to follow the instructions and rather tried to escape. However, the proactive police team immediately cornered and apprehended them,” police said.
14 illegal pistols were recovered from Bhuvnesh Kumar and 10 illegal pistols were recovered from Roukesh Kumar.
The car was being driven by their accomplice Chanderveer Singh whom they used to pay handsome money for every trip/transportation of illegal weapons, police said. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

ATS to probe into explosive-laden vehicle outside Mukesh Ambani’s residence after Mansukh Hiren’s death

Published

on

By

Mumbai (Maharashtra) [India], March 6 (ANI): After the owner of the explosives-laden vehicle found outside Reliance group chairman Mukesh Ambani’s residence died by suicide on Friday, the case has been transferred to Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), said Maharashtra Home Minister.
“Today, the body of Mansukh Hiren has been found in Mumbra. The cause of death will be ascertained through postmortem. It will be done by a technical team. We have given the responsibility of this investigation to ATS,” Maharashtra Home Minister Anil Deshmukh told media persons on Friday.
“Post-mortem of Mansukh Hiren has been done. We will share the details after getting the report,” Avinash Ambure, DCP Zone-1, Thane told reporters.
Maharashtra Police on Friday said an unknown male corpse was found in Retibunder Creek on Retibunder road in Mumbra (w). Later the corpse was identified as Mansukh Hiran, a resident of Thane whose vehicle with gelatin sticks was found parked on Carmichael Road near Mukesh Ambani’s residence Antilia. Police said prima facie it appears that Hiran died by suicide.
According to sources, a handwritten “threat letter” in “broken English” addressed to Mukesh Ambani and his wife Neeta Ambani was also found in the vehicle with explosives.
The suspect who parked the car (near Mukesh Ambani’s house) was seen in CCTV footage but has not been identified as he was wearing a face mask and his head was covered with a hoodie, said Mumbai Police.
Mumbai Police has deployed its personnel outside Ambani’s house after explosive materials were found. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Dalai Lama get first COVID-19 shot in Dharamshala

Published

on

By

Dharamshala (Himachal Pradesh) [India], March 6 (ANI): Spiritual leader the Dalai Lama on Saturday received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in Dharamshala.
He received the dose at Zonal Hospital here at 7:10 am. He was kept under observation for about half an hour.
The 86-year-old was undergoing self-quarantine since January last year and he came out of his residence on Saturday after over a year.
The Central Tibetan Administration’s (CTA) had requested the state and central government to make arrangements for the spiritual leader’s vaccination nearly two months ago, Palden, the Health Secretary of the CTA told ANI on Wednesday.
There are currently 589 active COVID-19 cases in Himachal Pradesh, as per the union health ministry. As many as 57,428 recoveries and 997 deaths have been reported in the state so far.
The second phase of the COVID-19 vaccination drive to inoculate people above 60 years and those over 45 with comorbidities against the coronavirus commenced on March 1. Prime Minister Narendra Modi got himself vaccinated at the All India Institue of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi, on Monday.
Several prominent political leaders in the country, including Home Minister Amit Shah, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Health Minister Harsh Vardhan, have already taken the first jab of the vaccine against coronavirus. (ANI)

Continue Reading

News

Women officers in Indian army– source of inspiration to many

Published

on

By

New Delhi [India], March 6 (ANI): The women officers in the Indian Army, who continue to serve the nation in various roles, are passionate about motivating young girls to join the Armed forces.
The women officers who maintain a balance between personal and professional life, are the perfect example of Women’s empowerment. They are also a source of inspiration for many who want to join the forces.
While speaking to ANI, many of the women officers who are in the major rank of the Army, feel that they will be certainly deployed in combat roles in the future. They said that there is no gender discrimination in the environment and conduct of the Army.
A major in the Indian Army is responsible for various strategic roles. The major commands and directs a military unit and every soldier in his/her unit follow his/her order.
Indian Army’s Major Euthica, who hails from Patna, said that she was motivated to join the forces from a serial called ‘Aarohan’ where actor Pallavi Joshi had played the role of the naval cadet. She has been in the service for 13.5 years.

“I decided to join the forces when I was in class 6. I had a passion to be in uniform. I am here now, it gives me much more push to myself to perform better and prove myself better every day from the previous day. I have put 13.5 years in the service. I have been posted in the valley of Jammu and Kashmir and insurgency affected areas of Nagaland, Manipur and Assam. I am presently posted in the Ladakh region. It has been a great journey, challenges have been there, but it also gives confidence,” she said.
“It would take time to be in combat roles for women officers. The way this organization has been accepting us in all facets, gradually all opportunities will be opened. I am sure we are going to go ahead in all roles. The moment women will be allowed in combat roles, I look forward to all the opportunities where women will be there at par with males,” she added.
Major Anjali Prasad said that the environment of the Indian Army is always women-friendly and it has given equal opportunities to women to perform at par with men.
“I have been posted to various terrains. There is no gender discrimination when it comes to operational things. I have also been utilised as an architect in the army and also in other roles. It gives me satisfaction that being in this role, you can inspire the younger generation. We are empowered in the Army. We have been accepted in all roles,” she said.
Major Suchitra Chellappan said that she has been serving the nation being in the Indian Army uniform for the past 15 years.
“The challenges that emerge in our work acts as motivation. Army facilitates your requirement both professionally and in personal life too. We did not feel any regret,” she said.
When asked how long will it take to see women in the combat roles, Chellappan said, “Don’t think operation part happens at war front only. Lady officers are also posted in high-altitude and other difficult areas including Naxalite areas.”
In February, Minister of State for Defence, Shripad Naik told Rajya Sabha that a total of 9,118 women are serving as officers in the three defence forces while the approval has been granted for inducting 1,700 females as jawans in the corps of military police.

In addition to the provision of Permanent Commission to Women Officers in Judge Advocate General and Army Education Corps, the Government of India has recently announced a grant of Permanent Commission to Women Officers in all other Arms/ Services in which they are eligible for commission. Further, the Government has sanctioned 1,700 women in the Military Police Corps in a phased manner.
The Indian Air Force undertakes various induction publicity measures to encourage youth including women to join IAF. Modules like direct contact programme, print and electronic media are extensively used to create awareness about IAF and educate students about the various mode of entries.
Women are employed as officers in the Indian Navy since 1992 wherein only three avenues were available to Women viz. Law, Education and Logistics. However, over a period of time, the number of other avenues has been opened for women induction. (ANI)

Continue Reading

Trending