+

15-Year-Old Boy Passes Away From Electrocution In Mumbai's Chembur

A 15-year-old boy tragically died from electrocution while swimming in a well in Mumbai’s Chembur area on Saturday, according to police officials. The incident occurred in Mahul village. Mumbai Police reported that the boy was electrocuted due to an illegally installed motor in the well, allegedly set up by a nearby hotel to extract water. […]

A 15-year-old boy tragically died from electrocution while swimming in a well in Mumbai’s Chembur area on Saturday, according to police officials.

The incident occurred in Mahul village. Mumbai Police reported that the boy was electrocuted due to an illegally installed motor in the well, allegedly set up by a nearby hotel to extract water.

This unauthorized equipment led to the accident, resulting in the boy’s death. The owners of the hotel, Anant Mahulkar, Dayaram Mahulkar, and Hariram Mahulkar, have been charged with culpable homicide. All three have been arrested and are currently in police custody until June 18.

Further details are awaited as the investigation progresses.

Tags:

15-YEAR-OLD BOYChemburElectrocuted to DeathMumbaiTDGThe Daily Guardian